fbpx

2009 has been a bad year

Home Forums Miscellany Community 2009 has been a bad year

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    darjeb
    Participant

darjeb
      Participant

It sure has been a bad year for a lot of us losing beloved pets

Megan
        Participant

Yes, it certainly has in that respect. I hope the trend stops right now, this very second, so no one else will have to go through losing their furry friends and family members ๐Ÿ™

Tally Mark
          Participant

My beloved calico Emma died suddenly two months ago, my eldest cat Miriah went deaf and blind, and my kitten Sofie is terminally ill with an incurable heart defect. Yes. It has been a horrific year.

Bob

Tally Mark wrote:

My beloved calico Emma died suddenly two months ago, my eldest cat Miriah went deaf and blind, and my kitten Sofie is terminally ill with an incurable heart defect. Yes. It has been a horrific year.

Sorry to hear that!!

purpledragonclaw
              Participant

Tally Mark wrote:

I’m sorry too. This is a hard year for people and pets alike.

LadyFirebird
                Participant

This year just totally sucks! A lot of people that I know are having a rough time with one thing or another. Don’t know when it will all end or what the outcome will be. But I too would definitely like all the bad things to stop!

BDW
                  Participant

Tell me about it…I lost the baby (well teenage) canary that I wanted to keep…she had a stroke!???WTF? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜•
                    I wanted that canary soooo bad! I woke up to her crying and she was paralized afterwards…so she didn’t survive the day. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ
                    I buried her on mom’s lot ๐Ÿ™
                    I know you probable say it’s just a bird but I was hoping she would be a mate for my bacholer canary.
                    And she was so sweet and beautiful…miss her

IMO its never “just a____________” when it comes to pets, they are part of your family.

I agree it has been a hard year!

BDW
                    Participant

ruffian wrote:

IMO its never “just a____________” when it comes to pets, they are part of your family.

yes I agree but some people I know don’t ๐Ÿ˜ก .

Me too!!!

LadyFirebird
                      Participant

Blackdesertwind wrote:

Tell me about it…I lost the baby (well teenage) canary that I wanted to keep…she had a stroke!???WTF? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜•
                        I wanted that canary soooo bad! I woke up to her crying and she was paralized afterwards…so she didn’t survive the day. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ
                        I buried her on mom’s lot ๐Ÿ™
                        I know you probable say it’s just a bird but I was hoping she would be a mate for my bacholer canary.
                        And she was so sweet and beautiful…miss her

That is what happened to a canary I had for about a year and a half. He sang so pretty and was the sweetest little thing! I got up for work and uncovered him. Next thing I hear is him peeping like anything and he was on the bottom of the cage–just when I turned around! I got him out and he died in my hands–it just broke my heart. I start crying and all my other birds became real silent. They knew I was upset and I had to go to work that day. I cried all morning over that little bird I called Honey-Bun.

A pet is a pet–no matter how small. Another little finch of mine died at the vet’s and I cried all afternoon about it. I can’t stand losing any of my babies–furry or feathered. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Christine
                        Participant

I agree–a pet’s a pet, no matter how small. If they bring you happiness while they’re with you, they’ll be mourned. I cried when I lost my first Dwarf Cichlid, Sebastian. I LOVED that fish. I still miss him.

I agree that it’s been a crappy year for pets.

Now I got Fluff (failing kidneys, said about 9 months ago that he wouldn’t make the year) to worry about. I wonder how he’s doing now that Pixie’s gone. They were best friends too.

And a pet is never “Just a ____” They’re all our pets and pets are family. I cried all evening when Pix died. I still cry every couple of days or so… someone’s dog does something that reminds me of Pixie and I just start crying all over again.

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

Blackdesertwind wrote:

ruffian wrote:

yes I agree but some people I know don’t ๐Ÿ˜ก .

Well, their opinions don’t count, now do they? It’s only OUR opinions that count… ๐Ÿ˜ณ I’m so sorry Nathy – that just doesn’t seem fair! {{HUGS}}

Beckums

tdm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.