fbpx

$20 bill trade-in

Home Forums Miscellany Community $20 bill trade-in

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Laurie
    Participant
      etruscan
      Participant

I was going to say that I had seen nothing about this in the numismatic literature, which is true. However, after checking the link and the comments it appears to be an April Fools joke, so I will just say that I would be extremely surprised it it were true. Heck, if large bills are still legal tender (and I believe they are) it is very unlikely that old-style small $20 bills wouldn’t be.

Jennifer
        Keymaster

I was going to say that I had seen nothing about this in the numismatic literature, which is true. However, after checking the link and the comments it appears to be an April Fools joke, so I will just say that I would be extremely surprised it it were true. Heck, if large bills are still legal tender (and I believe they are) it is very unlikely that old-style small $20 bills wouldn’t be.

Did you click the link to the press release from the United States Treasury in that article?

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

etruscan
          Participant

I went to the US Treasury website and saw nothing. Comments following the “Warning” post indicated that the “US Treasury” link also is a spoof, so I looked at the government site.

Laurie
            Participant

Well…. Snap wasn’t here. 0:) 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.