fbpx

2 Types of Peacock?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody 2 Types of Peacock?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    PurpleTurtle
    Participant

PurpleTurtle
      Participant

I was in Salem MA yesterday, fawning over some lovely dragons that were waaaayyy out of my price range. I knew that they were a few versions of the Peacock color, but I didn’t realize how different they actually were. My question is why you changed up the color so much? I like them both quite a bit. I wonder if you ever did the older sculpts, like the Male and mother, in the newer color or did you just do that version on your newer sculpts like the OW, Lap, etc. Why the difference?

Purplecat
        Participant

I think….and my memory may be off on this…but sometimes paint companies will discontinue a shade…or simply change the exact hue of it (did I read something about that being a reason why?)….Of course, they could have simply decided they liked them brighter…. ๐Ÿ˜†

I don’t have definative examples of a ‘bright’ or a ‘normal’ peacock but I will say my mother dragon is alot brighter then my young. It may just be that the young is alot older though.

If they did have to change the paints, then chances are they would have painted all sculptures currently and not currently in that color until the color was officially discontinued.

At least, that makes sense. I don’t know if the bright Peacock was an officially different color or not. Was it? Or was it just a variation of the peacock color that happened to evolve?

Purplecat
          Participant

Nah…they’re the same color…just variances of it. We collectors use the term “old peacock” and “bright peacock” just for our descriptive pleasure I think…It’s an easy way for us to differentiate between them. ๐Ÿ™‚

Jennifer
            Keymaster

purpleturtle wrote:

I was in Salem MA yesterday, fawning over some lovely dragons that were waaaayyy out of my price range. I knew that they were a few versions of the Peacock color, but I didn’t realize how different they actually were. My question is why you changed up the color so much? I like them both quite a bit. I wonder if you ever did the older sculpts, like the Male and mother, in the newer color or did you just do that version on your newer sculpts like the OW, Lap, etc. Why the difference?

This thread may help answer your question:

http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5089

In particular:

Melody wrote:

Everyone has pretty much answered for me, but yes there are two colors of Peacock. The older pieces such as the original family ( male Mother hatcher and young)were painted with the darker colors. Other dragons have the brighter colors. We thought that the brighter colors looked better in gift stores, but we didn’t want to use those colors on the old dragons that had already been issued in the dark colors, because then the family members wouldn’t match each other.
              It is possible that there are old dark peacock Rising Spectrals or Scratchers out there, I think we made a few before we switched paint. Another thing to watch for on Ebay.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

PurpleTurtle
              Participant

Thanks, Nam! That does help ๐Ÿ˜€ !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.