2/21/22 GB Fantasy Qi-Lins Show Off Thread!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags 2/21/22 GB Fantasy Qi-Lins Show Off Thread!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Natasha
    Participant

Show us your Qi-Lins!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
      ANY Red Eyed Unis
      ANY Test Paint Bat
      UNIS:
      The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
      Male- Snow Leopard TP
      White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
      Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
      Mother: Okapi
      Gothic - Mahogany
      PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
      DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Ela_Hara
      Participant

WoW! I’ve been reading all the comments on FB – I think this was the worst case of website crashing I’ve heard of so far in many years! WoW!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Mika
        Participant

Yeah it was really bad. It seemed to me that you had a better chance of getting one if you bought just the qi-lin. I originally tried to buy it along with some pyos but never got through; however I was eventually able to complete a purchase for just the qi-lin. Lesson learned for next time I suppose.

Hopefully I can get one of the black and purple or black and rainbow ones. There were quite a few so fingers crossed!

Also I really want to get a closer look at this one because it caught my eye when I was watching the stream.

Screenshot_20220217-183104_Chrome

etruscan
          Participant

WoW! I’ve been reading all the comments on FB – I think this was the worst case of website crashing I’ve heard of so far in many years! WoW!

Being on Facebook has increased the number of people collecting Windstones. Melody said that she painted 180 of the qi-lins, so a substantial increase over the usual 120, but the store doesn’t have any additional capacity to handle the stampede of people trying to buy one.

I suspect that the number of qi-lin for other Windstone blind trades exacerbated the problem. I hadn’t seen as many of them being offered/set up before either.

Mary
            Participant

Being on Facebook has increased the number of people collecting Windstones. Melody said that she painted 180 of the qi-lins, so a substantial increase over the usual 120, but the store doesn’t have any additional capacity to handle the stampede of people trying to buy one.

I suspect that the number of qi-lin for other Windstone blind trades exacerbated the problem. I hadn’t seen as many of them being offered/set up before either.

I think getting the 404 errors actually increases the problems as traffic increases exponentially with everyone having to keep repeating the processes over & over again. That increases the web traffic needlessly.

Ann Marie
              Participant

It didn’t help that this was an entirely new sculpt. It might have worked better if a production color of the sculpt had been offered first, then later a grab bag. People who just wanted to have one of the sculpt might have been satisfied. I have never had such a hard time getting through as I did for this, and I still don’t have confirmation from Windstone that I actually got one, only a payment receipt from PayPal.

Magentas-Cat

pipsxlch
                Participant

That was funny (not for Windstone)! I opted not to get a qilin, but tried a couple times just to access the Forum. That was a no go.

Megan
                  Participant

Congratulations to all who got one, and condolences to those who wanted one and didn’t. I didn’t even try this time– with all the excitement in the Facebook group it looked like a storm was coming (and it did!) Plus, I really do love the ivory qi-lin that Melody showed on FB, so I’m holding out hope it could become the first production color for this little guy/gal 🙂

Embrie
                    Participant

It didn’t help that this was an entirely new sculpt. It might have worked better if a production color of the sculpt had been offered first, then later a grab bag. People who just wanted to have one of the sculpt might have been satisfied. I have never had such a hard time getting through as I did for this, and I still don’t have confirmation from Windstone that I actually got one, only a payment receipt from PayPal.

Same here, but I can see the invoice in my account on the Windstone page, so I’m hoping it’s all good.

Looking for GBs: loaf dragon; dark red-colored sitting grey wolf; baby ki-rins; sitting ori; fantasy qi-lin #154

Ela_Hara
                      Participant

Congratulations to all who got one, and condolences to those who wanted one and didn’t. I didn’t even try this time– with all the excitement in the Facebook group it looked like a storm was coming (and it did!) Plus, I really do love the ivory qi-lin that Melody showed on FB, so I’m holding out hope it could become the first production color for this little guy/gal 🙂

Yes – I would LOVE a Production Qi-lin in Ivory and one in Black! The perfect Ying-Yang!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Melody
                        Keymaster

YoungQi-Lin_GB_2022_ClassPic1-edited

YoungQi-Lin_GB_2022_ClassPic2-edited

Qi-Lin class of 2022 pics!

YoungQi-Lin_GB_2022_ClassPic3-edited

YoungQi-Lin_GB_2022_ClassPic4-edited-wo-gold-eyes

YoungQi-Lin_GB_2022_ClassPic5

Bodancia
                          Participant

Wow! Just WOW!!!

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

Ann Marie
                            Participant

Same here, but I can see the invoice in my account on the Windstone page, so I’m hoping it’s all good.

Now I’m worried, as mine is not showing up in my account. I emailed Susie, but I’m sure she is VERY busy today.

Magentas-Cat

Pheonixxfoxx
                              Participant

Sadly I completely missed out on them as my Dad was visiting from out of town. I had not seen him in over 4 years, so it was a bit of an important visit. Congrats to those who managed to snag one and I hope everyone gets one that they love.

Bodine
                                Participant

Oooo love,love the last one on pg3&pg4.Beautiful💞

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 87 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.