fbpx

1st PYO Kir-in "February"

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone 1st PYO Kir-in "February"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Ok, I got a wild hair for that nice dark metallic purple I mixed, and when I got it open, it was still in awesome shape. So, I decided that I wasn’t gonna follow any of my ideas I had, and use the purple. I mixed up some light silver and used some dark silver in there too. It has a non-metallic antique that is just a shade or so darker than the siver of the main body. I really think if you pic the right colors sometimes you don’t need antiquing so desperately, or a dark antique. *shrugs* I don’t know.
    I named her February because her coat reminded me of my birthstone. The pics just don’t catch the real purple and the highlights which are very noticable when seen in person. I am open to critism, I don’t get offended easily. I personally like her, but that is why I painted her. πŸ˜†

Gah…I need to play with my camera some more!!! It seems that if I have something around what I am photoing it wants to focus on everything at once… πŸ˜›

what color are the body scales? silver? grey? pearl?

it is beautiful. πŸ™‚

Silver and pearl mixed to become light silver. I love to mix, I rarely use anything straight from the tube or bottle…Green and purple are my favorite colors also… πŸ˜†

lamortefille
    Participant

Wonderful!

Maria
      Participant

She looks neat. This is one piece where combined silver and gold doesn’t bug me. Usually I think they don’t go together well, but here there’s enough space between them to tone down the clash.

Yeah, and actually the light silver is more like a greay-pearl. I wish they had silver horms for them, but they don’t. It was a fun trial and error peice. Plus I am more for the not so flambouyant paint jobs. Call me old fashioned. πŸ˜‰
        Oh…btw, all of the top coats are dry-brushed on, it worked great for making sure I didn’t have alot of brush strokes in the paint layers. 😳

I like most of it. I am not too fond of the gold around the eyes and it looks like you have gold paint on one of the eyes. I am also not sure of the darker silver on the leg scales. What if you were to change the gold around the eye to the leg scale and visa versa?

Yeah…She isn’t quite finished (hence the gold on the eye). I haven’t done her clearcoat yet. I wanted a bit of feedback on her first. I can change the gold around the eyes to the silver of the body. I like the dark silver on her flanks tho. Sorry Dragoness. πŸ˜‰
        I goofed up when I painted her. I did a few things backwards, then when I was sure she was mostly done, I wrote down the order of how I wanted to paint the next one. I hope my next one turns out even better than the others. One day I will try to paint a paint job like GB’s or one of the others who seems to have a flair for the “busy” paint jobs. Maybe then others will like them more. πŸ™

Skigod377
        Participant

I like it. I did one in similar colors. Yours looks muuuuch better.

Jodi
          Participant

I like it. I like the darker silver on the leg scales, but I think I’d put it on the arm scales too. And maybe around the eye instead of the gold. I guess some people have put the silver metallic paint from those metallic pens on the horns and it works to cover the gold, so if you wanted to get rid of it you could. The purple color is very nice. I also like the belly scales, very smooth looking. πŸ™‚

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Yeah…She isn’t quite finished (hence the gold on the eye). I haven’t done her clearcoat yet. I wanted a bit of feedback on her first. I can change the gold around the eyes to the silver of the body. I like the dark silver on her flanks tho. Sorry Dragoness. πŸ˜‰
            I goofed up when I painted her. I did a few things backwards, then when I was sure she was mostly done, I wrote down the order of how I wanted to paint the next one. I hope my next one turns out even better than the others. One day I will try to paint a paint job like GB’s or one of the others who seems to have a flair for the “busy” paint jobs. Maybe then others will like them more. πŸ™

Aw, it is ok. As long as you like it. I was just giving you my opinion.

LOL Dragoness, don’t worry. I wasn’t being pouty or whining. I like her myself, and others like her, it’s just that I haven’t painted as many as the others, and therefore they just aren’t as widely changing in colors as some of the others. I’m jsut trying to keep it simple for now. πŸ˜†

Maria
            Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

One day I will try to paint a paint job like GB’s or one of the others who seems to have a flair for the “busy” paint jobs. Maybe then others will like them more. πŸ™

Just make sure you don’t make it busy by combining a lot of red, green and blue. πŸ˜• πŸ˜†

Kujacker
              Participant

Very nice! I love that metallic look, and the colors go well with each other!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.