fbpx

12/5/14 Bat Eared Fox Photo Thread!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags 12/5/14 Bat Eared Fox Photo Thread!!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    Serendipity
    Participant

I got this little one in yesterday! Will have to make due with inside pics for now, weather wasn’t being cooperative today!

I have no clue what kind of animal he is, so if you’ve got an idea please let me know! The pictures are’t too far off, but he is a bit darker in person!

photo photo111_zps7ff5d394.jpg

the first picture makes it look like it has a halo….

Haha! He’s an angel! 😀

I noticed that too when I was uploading. Randomly placed rubber band, for the win!

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

HAHAHAHA!!! Nice!

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Riversgrace
        Participant

I believe that’s one of the red pandas. I could be wrong though.

Melody
          Keymaster

Can anyone tell me what animal my bat eared fox is painted to look like?

http://windstoneeditions.com/classifieds/trading/bat-eared-fox-trade

That’s a yellow throated marten

Melody
            Keymaster

Some very nice foxes! I got mine….and it seems like it would be perfect for me….but I fell in love with a few others (serval, raccon, lemur, red panda) that I just adored. like everyone else. 😉

Anyway, this fox is amazing! And….I’m not really sure what animal he is. So if anyone can help out there that would be great. 🙂

I just noticed he is Jynxx’s favorite….maybe they know what critter I have. 😀

photo 20141212_125219750x422_zps812cfbcc.jpg
               photo 20141212_125303750x422_zpsdfc1b3e2.jpg
               photo 20141212_125328750x422_zpsd4fa17b8.jpg

This one is a civet

Melody
              Keymaster

Finally got pictures of my GB and AWD. I’m happy with both of them. Sorry the pictures came out kind of dark. They are both dark from the front though. Any body know what the GB is?

photo P1000679_zpscc29c84e.jpg

photo P1000680_zpse23b789b.jpg

photo P1000681_zps15c4600b.jpg

photo P1000682_zpsb6ea1890.jpg

That looks like a raccoon dog.

Melody
                Keymaster

I got this little one in yesterday! Will have to make due with inside pics for now, weather wasn’t being cooperative today!

I have no clue what kind of animal he is, so if you’ve got an idea please let me know! The pictures are’t too far off, but he is a bit darker in person!

photo photo111_zps7ff5d394.jpg

the first picture makes it look like it has a halo….

Haha! He’s an angel! 😀

I noticed that too when I was uploading. Randomly placed rubber band, for the win!

I think that one is a cross fox, ( a silver and red “red” fox coloration )

Melody
                  Keymaster

Would be cool if in the next batch of GB Bat-Eared Foxes, there were Thylacines [Tasmanian Tigers] and other extinct animals, more red pandas, servals and civet cats, badgers and maybe skunks? Oh, and a gila monster would be sweet, too. Wishing, wishing… lol

There is one thylacine in this batch, somewhere.

wolflodge100
                    Participant

I got mine! I think my grab bag might be aussie dog. I can email pictures if someone could post them for me.

Melody
                      Keymaster

Eeee new babies! JynXx, you mentioned that you’d love to see thylacines in the next batch… I think I have one from this one!
                         photo P1720252640x480_zpse77b6b29.jpg
                         photo P1720253480x640_zpsa44da0e1.jpg
                        Looking at historic photos and illustrations, some animals come across as more gray, like this one, while others are tan-brown. Some have zig-zag stripes, and some have straight bands across their backs. Am I right Melody, or is this another animal?

You got the thylacine! I read somewhere that the pelts could be identified as those from a thylacine, by those connected, zig zag stripes, so I painted him that way. However I couldn’t find a photo of one with markings like that!

Natasha
                        Participant

Ok, my SO’s package is still not updated from Oregon, but mine just says it arrived in CA. So hopefully it will arrive to me by Monday. That’s waaaaay late for Priority Mail but at least one if the two has reared its head. Its not in my hands yet, but there’s a little, tentative sigh of relief.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                          ANY Red Eyed Unis
                          ANY Test Paint Bat
                          UNIS:
                          The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                          Male- Snow Leopard TP
                          White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                          Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                          Mother: Okapi
                          Gothic - Mahogany
                          PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                          DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Zelda
                          Participant

You got the thylacine! I read somewhere that the pelts could be identified as those from a thylacine, by those connected, zig zag stripes, so I painted him that way. However I couldn’t find a photo of one with markings like that!

Here’s a photo that might prove helpful; almost all of the pelts incorporated into this blanket have some zig-zags: http://static.tmag.tas.gov.au/decorativeart/objects/misc/P2002.63/index.html Unfortunately most of the photos of live animals are taken in side view, so just the striped part is visible along the back.

And JynXx, thanks for pointing him out in the class photo! I’d be thrilled if a live thylacine were found someday. There’s a small movement on to clone them too, although just like the dodo and mammoth, chances for doing that with today’s technology and the ever-degrading source material are unlikely. Add to that the greater problem that there aren’t many places for a self-sustaining population to live anymore in their native old range. Depressing but true!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

KaytanaPhoenix
                            Participant

Ok, my SO’s package is still not updated from Oregon, but mine just says it arrived in CA. So hopefully it will arrive to me by Monday. That’s waaaaay late for Priority Mail but at least one if the two has reared its head. Its not in my hands yet, but there’s a little, tentative sigh of relief.

This was one of my big worries w a Gb release among the Holiday rush… I’m nervous sending trades w holiday rush in the mail system… only time I ever had a Priority mail not arrive in 2 days was early/mid Dec, it took 7 days to get to me and hardly tracked… I’m kind of glad I didn’t get any BE Foxes from the store for this reason alone (and otherwise extremely sad I missed them, but trades will hopefully prove in my favor)

I hope everyones boxes show up ok! Just remember the mail system is overly flooded right now, things may detour or simply sit for days without moving..

Natasha
                              Participant

This was one of my big worries w a Gb release among the Holiday rush… I’m nervous sending trades w holiday rush in the mail system… only time I ever had a Priority mail not arrive in 2 days was early/mid Dec, it took 7 days to get to me and hardly tracked… I’m kind of glad I didn’t get any BE Foxes from the store for this reason alone (and otherwise extremely sad I missed them, but trades will hopefully prove in my favor)

I hope everyones boxes show up ok! Just remember the mail system is overly flooded right now, things may detour or simply sit for days without moving..

Indeed! As someone who doe most of my holiday shopping online I should have anticipated the delays. SO’s package just blipped back onto the radar so now I’m freaking out less. Late is annoying but it’s much better than lost!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                                ANY Red Eyed Unis
                                ANY Test Paint Bat
                                UNIS:
                                The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                                Male- Snow Leopard TP
                                White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                                Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                                Mother: Okapi
                                Gothic - Mahogany
                                PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                                DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Bodine
                                Participant

Jeff let me open my special gift early at a family dinner last night and since I knew what it was but I was not expecting it to be so beautiful!! I LOVE IT!!! I want another one but one will have to do. 🙂 I have had to miss out on all of the gbs batches lately but not complaining at all with this little surprise.
                                  My “Wild Dog” Bat-eared Fox,”Batty-Koda”.Thank you Ms.Melody for doing such an awesome job with these little cuties.These are just adorable!
                                  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 189 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.