fbpx

WOOT! I did it! My biggest repair ever! PIC HEAVY!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs WOOT! I did it! My biggest repair ever! PIC HEAVY!

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Participant

Oh my god this is GORGEOUS. If I wasn’t sitting down already I’d swoon, I swear.

I… really really need to find a way to get myself some of these auto paints to me in Japan. I want the colorshifts and the sparkling black SO BAD. Aerosol won’t go over seas though. ;_;

Prezaurian
      Participant

Can you get the color changing paints from DickBlick? I’ve also seen mentions on threads of ‘Auto’ paints (shifting and sparkle types), are these actually from car dealerships or car body shops? Is there a specific brand to use – I didn’t think auto paint were acrylics or could be used on PYO’s?

I’ve used Spaz Stix paint on some of my pieces. They are automotive style paints but specifically used on model cars. They sell several different color change paints on their website (and have sample pics so you know what it’ll look like on a surface). Both in bottles already mixed for use in an air spray gun and in aerosol cans. I use the bottles and brush it on…though it will really gunk up/damage your brush this way. I have a brush set aside to use with this type of paint so I don’t damage multiple brushes. But hey…I don’t have an air spray gun so watcha gonna do? 😉

Here’s the website if you’re interested.
        http://www.spazstix.com/

And as for if it’s okay to use on a Windstone…well, so far so good. I can’t promise anything though. I’ve always had a base coat between that paint and the Windstone.

Celestial Rainstorm
        Participant

Do you believe those automotive paints I would be able to use on a resin piece, rather than a gypsum?

Finding happiness again.

Celestial Rainstorm
          Participant

Do you believe those automotive paints I would be able to use on a resin piece, rather than a gypsum?

Finding happiness again.

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

I don’t see why not, but resin my absorb paint differently then gypsum so I’d test a small area before hand JUST to be safe.

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Celestial Rainstorm
              Participant

Thank you so much! I want to try some casting experiments.

Finding happiness again.

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Not sure how cool it is for me to actually post these as the repair on this guy was so extensive he did need a full repaint. They are discouraged as PYOs are what is made for painting and not production pieces, but here he is.

Slightly different angles, I did use Chameleon Paint on him so he was a color changer.

EDIT: Had to take the photos down per Windstone’s policy. Sorry guys!

Got a busted Windstone?
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Well thanks for all the compliments guys. Unfortunately I did have to take the photos down so I hope whatever information you needed you got! If you need any kind of repair advice or whatever feel free to message me any time. I’m always happy to help in any way I can.

Also, to reiterate, Windstone does strongly discourage repainting any non-PYO Windstones. It can cause a lot of confusion considering how many eBay and specially painted pieces are out there in the world. In this case the repair was so extensive that I really didnt have much of an option unless I wanted to just toss him, but I wanted to take the shot to save him if I could!  

Thanks again for all the love and support!

Got a busted Windstone?
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.