fbpx

WIP Dragon Koi Hybrid.

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone WIP Dragon Koi Hybrid.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • Author

Okay so first thing first…
    This was a very very broken dragon. She had lost her neck and tail and orb. She glued togeather okay, but have very visible cracks and missing shards that would not fit back in well. So I resculpted those bits and filled in the cracks. But I just could not match the paint….and besides it gave me the excuse to do something I have always wanted to do.
    Make a Koi Oriental Dragon!

So as you can see I have only just started…but I need some opinions before I get any farther. What do you guys think so far? Advice? I don’t want to finish it and find out that I did something horrible.

Update~
    One side painted..ha!

This is why I’ve been seeking out an oriental of my own…to paint a koi dragon! I love what you have going and I wouldn’t change it. Maybe add a little more blue or silvery shadow highlights to the back or beneath the areas and such for definition. I think it’s awesome!

Pegasi1978
    Participant

How cool! You say it was broken? I can’t tell at all that you have repaired it. Are you planning on doing the random patches down the rest of the dragon’s body? Also it looks like there are some patches in the white where you can see the original color showing through.

SPark
      Participant

Woah! LOVE! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! Finish it up JUST like that! *drools*

Cool. Yeah more shadows will help. And yes Peg, it was baddly broken and I plan to continue the sorta random spots. I am working on layers…so it’s very time consuming but sooo wonderful to do!

That’s beautiful….

Yeah like Water said, just some more depth and shading to add to it, but otherwise it’s perfect!

Arlla
        Participant

This is gorgeous!! Oh Wow!! If I ever get my hands on a broken oriental I’ll definitely have to do something like this! It REALLY works with the koi markings…wow!

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
          -J R R Tolkien

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

This is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love the part near the neck, head, and fore legs, those shadows in the scales look wonderful! I wouldn’t change a thing, just continue with what your doing. 😯 Oh Man! I MUST have this dragon or one just like it! It is absolutely STUNNING! *begs* You have to make me one someday Whippet!

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Andrea
            Participant

Great coloring! Show us when you’re done.

Lokie
              Participant

I think it looks great! I haven’t really been fond of koi markings on things so I thought I’d dislike it, but I was wrong. Very pretty! I’m sure the finished piece will be just as beautiful.

SPark
                Participant

If I ever get a mint dark peacock one, my busted dark peacock is SO becoming a koi!

Wow, that is amazing, whippet 🙂 I’ve never been a huge fan of koi or the Oriental dragons, but I really like this one. Can’t wait to see the finished piece.

Great job

I think it looks great and I think you should continue with the antiquing-look of silver like you did with the neck and front limbs ^_^

Maria
                  Participant

That’s beautiful, whippet – it doesn’t look at all broken in the pictures. Your repaints are awesome. I can’t wait to see the finished product!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.