WINTER/HOLIDAY 2017 GIFT SWAP — SIGN-UPS OPEN until NOV. 12

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps WINTER/HOLIDAY 2017 GIFT SWAP — SIGN-UPS OPEN until NOV. 12

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    siberakh1
    Participant

It’s time for the Winter/Holiday 2017 Gift Swap to get started! 🙂

PLEASE NOTE: PLEASE watch the deadlines. If you sign up and something happens that you can’t participate, PLEASE let me know by the 23rd (US Thanksgiving Day) if possible! No matter what, if something comes up, at least let me know ASAP, so I at least know what is going on if arrangements need to be made, so no one is left without something. Communication is ALWAYS best! 🙂 If we have any non-US participants or someone outside the US shipping to the US, please be aware you need to ship EARLY to ensure items get through customs, which can take a few weeks.

What it is: If you enlist, your name gets thrown into a hat. You will receive the name of one person, and someone else will receive your name. Your goal is to put together a small care package for that person. Letters, candles, incense, chocolate, bath goodies, foodie goods, craft-store finds, etc. Something nice to brighten his or her day. You might even get a new friend out of the deal. You DON’T have to celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Yule, the first snow or any other holiday at this time of year to participate. You just have to appreciate brightening someone’s day. 🙂

Timeline:
      November 5th, 2017 — Sign-ups –
      November 12th, 2017 (Sun) — Sign-ups close at NOON EST –
      November 12th, 2017 — Evening Swapper notifications –
      November 23rd, 2017 (Thurs/US Thanksgiving Day)– The last day to notify me of a back-up need –
      December 2nd, 2017 (Sat) — Last Day to put packages in the mail –

General Guidelines:
      — It is suggested that you use a method with a some sort of shipping confirmation/a tracking number. I understand that this can get quite pricey shipping overseas. If you’d prefer to ship within country, just state so (US and Canadian residents, unless we get a lot of other countries participating). It just saves headaches when packages go missing at this busy time of year.
      — It is suggested you include at least 3 items in your package if you are getting smaller gifts; if you wish to send one large item that is fine too.
      — General price range will be $25 – $35 total spent on gift items, though if you’d like to invest more, that’s fine. And $25 is not a mandatory minimum that you have to spend– if you’re good at crafts or you have a knack for finding thrift store treasures, that’s cool, too.
      — Please, please, do not ask to participate if you are unsure about your ability to follow through on your end. Yes, there are generous people who have and will throw together back-up packages so that no one gets left out. No, that does not mean that it’s okay to flake. Please note: November 26th is the absolute last date to tell me that you need to bow out.

Got it? Good! 🙂

To participate, please fill out this questionnaire and send me a PM here on the forum or email to me at ‘sifert dot brianne at alumni dot hartwick dot edu’ (please make sure to type out my email the correct way rather than just copying and pasting: I’m trying to avoid spammers!), with the subject line “Windstone Winter/Holiday 2016 Gift Swap”, just so I know that the email isn’t spam.

**NOTE: When replying, PLEASE don’t just submit answers! It’s A LOT of work to have to go back and match up what question your answers correspond with in order to send your information to your swapee without is sounding completely random and nonsensical. **

Windstone Forum Name:
      Full Name:
      Email Address:
      Mailing Address:

Are you familiar with putting the required delivery confirmation on packages within the US?:

Pets:
      Spiritual orientation (or godless heathen?):
      Favorite Holiday:

Favorite Windstone sculpt:
      Favorite Windstone coloring:
      Favorite Windstone line: (Dragons, Unicorns, Griffins…)
      Favorite animal (in general):
      Do you have a Windstone ‘Wishlist’? If so, what is it?:

Hair type:
      Skin Type:
      Allergies:
      Other things to avoid:
      Favorite bath/beauty products:
      Do you have a bathtub and/or do you like to take baths?:
      Favorite bath/beauty stores, online or otherwise:

Scents/notes/types of smells that you prefer:
      Scents/notes/types of smells that you don’t like:

Do you burn candles/incense?:
      Do you have a wax tart burner or a scented oil warmer?:
      If not, would you want one?:

Clothing Style:
      T-shirt size and preference (standard, babydoll, tank, cami, etc):
      Favorite online stores:
      Favorite stores in general:

Favorite colors:
      Style/home decoration style:
      Things you collect (aside from Windstones):
      Favorite music/artists:
      Least favorite music:
      Vegetarian/Vegan?:
      Other food restrictions:
      Favorite foods/drinks/snacks:

Favorite authors/genres:
      Least favorite authors/genres:
      Books/authors you’d like to read, but haven’t yet:

Jewelry – gold-tone or silver-tone? Do you have any allergies to metal?
      Pierced ears, stretched ears, neither?
      Ring/wrist/collar size:
      Favorite gemstones:

Magazines you subscribe to:
      Magazines you like, but don’t subscribe to:

Favorite movies:
      Favorite TV shows:

Hobbies/crafts done:
      Do you like/collect any homemade crafts/art?-
      Wish lists (amazon.com, etc):
      Organizations/Causes/Activities (Things you belong to or causes you believe in):

What things do you like to do to relax?

Is there anything else your swapper should know or you’d like to mention?

* If there are questions you don’t feel comfortable answering, feel free to omit them.

I will assign swappers/swappees and mail you your recipient’s questionnaire. I will also keep a list of swappers/swapees, so if someone doesn’t send their package, I’ll know, and will find some way to compensate.

Everybody, have fun! 🙂

etruscan
      Participant

You said … with the subject line “Windstone Winter/Holiday 2016 Gift Swap”, just so I know that the email isn’t spam.

You probably meant to have the current year, i.e. “Windstone Winter/Holiday 2017 Gift Swap”.

Ela_Hara
        Participant

Oh Boy! Woo Hoo!
          I always have fun with this…. I’ll get my questions together again and email you!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Zeppard Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

siberakh1
          Participant

Yes, I thought I corrected all the dates and the new forum only lets you edit for a couple of minutes. *sigh*  I’d still figure it out if it said 2025 or something.

Kujacker
            Participant

Ah, I always want to participate in these, but I’m horrible with gift ideas… Even with all this info I’d probably get stuff the swapee wouldn’t like lol

siberakh1
              Participant

We have 5 people so far.

A reminder that sign-ups close at Noon on Sunday!

whisker hunter west
                Participant

I am planning to sign up.  I just keep getting hung up on filling out the questionnaire – wobbling between “high school pop quiz” flat answers and chattery nonsense that gets a bit long.  I’ll send it in before the deadline, though!

Do past swappers have advice on how to tune the gift plan to the giftee’s survey?  I’m a little worried I’ll fall into the trap of “oh, *I* like that so they must too” without catching the actual nuances of their preferences.

Continuing the family tradition of being obsessed with shiny things.

siberakh1
                  Participant

Don’t worry about getting hung up on the questions.  I just use the list that CrimsonVision used when she started the swap years ago.  It’s just so people have an idea of what sorts of things a person might like or not like and any interests they may have.  Definitely does not have to be Windstones (most gifts aren’t), since the price range is smaller.  It’s just supposed to be fun.  I’ve seen everything from ornaments, books, t-shirts, magazine subscriptions, plush, handmade things, store bought things, candy, food, candles, occasionally a smaller Windstone….

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

Just sent my email to you! YAY!

Zeppard Adult Poads

Zexious
                      Participant

I think I’m going to lurk this time around, but just wanted to say how much I love (both participating in and watching!) swaps! I can’t wait to see the goodies everyone receives 😀

siberakh1
                        Participant

Sign-ups are officially CLOSED.

We have 9 people participating this year! ^_^  I have just sent out notifications to everyone.

Remember to put your forum name in the package you send to the person you are gifting for (so they know who sent them the package of goodies!), notify me when you ship (so I can keep track/swap management purposes), and to post a picture here when you receive your package so we can all see what fun things you received!

Dates to remember:
                          November 23rd, 2017 (Thurs/US Thanksgiving Day)– The last day to notify me of a back-up need
                          December 2nd, 2017 (Sat) — Last Day to put packages in the mail

Have fun! ^_^

Zexious
                          Participant

Have fun, y’all! 8D! <3

Bodine
                            Participant

Yay! I’m already on it.

Thank you for hosting Siberakh1.Happy Holidays!

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Zexious
                              Participant

You’re on top of things, Ms. Bodine! What a beautiful tree!

Ela_Hara
                                Participant

Yay!
                                  Since I’m out of town for Thanksgiving and the week after, my Swap partner will be receiving their package this Friday (or Saturday) …. Happy Holidays!

Zeppard Adult Poads

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.