fbpx

Windstone Rejects?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Windstone Rejects?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

Ditto that—really hampers your production and you’ve got a lot of demand here! Hope you solve this problem soon–why did your supplier change the formula on the gypsum when it was working so well for you before? ๐Ÿ™

Jennifer
      Keymaster

I think some of the problems may have to do with the humidity? There was no humidity to deal with in LA.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

purpledragonclaw
        Participant

What about the fact that it rains more frequently in Oregon than it did in California? Gypsum is a porous material, isn’t it?

frozendragon
          Participant

hmm.. maybe need one of those big dehumidifier machines..

Jennifer
            Keymaster

purpledragonclaw wrote:

What about the fact that it rains more frequently in Oregon than it did in California? Gypsum is a porous material, isn’t it?

Right, that’s my point. It’s way more humid in Oregon than in LA.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

frozendragon wrote:

hmm.. maybe need one of those big dehumidifier machines..

From the little bits and scraps I know about gypsum and preservation of items… a big dehumidifier might work, if you turn it on and shut down production for a few days to let the humidity level settle. But the problem would be dehumidifying the whole building… it is a rather large building isn’t it?

Or maybe create an enclosed space just for drying. Easier to control the humidity and temperature in one small area than in the entire building.

Another thought – what is the source of your water? If it’s not deionized (filtered) there could be some trace metals or salts that are interfering with the new gypsum formula. Just a wild idea. :shrug:

Suncat wrote:

Or maybe create an enclosed space just for drying. Easier to control the humidity and temperature in one small area than in the entire building.

Another thought – what is the source of your water? If it’s not deionized (filtered) there could be some trace metals or salts that are interfering with the new gypsum formula. Just a wild idea. :shrug:

Like a clean room! only for Windstones!

Has this been tried yet Melody? Perhaps your adoring fans have combined their brain power to give you a possible solution to your woes?

www.nakaseart.com

Bodine
              Participant

This is a great topic ๐Ÿ˜€
                It brings up another point about humidity affecting our sculptures.Not hijacking the thread but,a couple of us live in the deep south.You can cut the air with a knife.When hurricanes and such take out the electricity for weeks at times,will that damage ours over time? ๐Ÿ˜ˆ The air is damp when the air cond. isn’t on,cause those *pinholes* or such to develope? I just started my collection this year, so it got me to thinking about it after reading this topic. ๐Ÿ˜€ good one ๐Ÿ˜€
                Should I box them up during those times? :shrug:
                Any input,people in high humidity areas? ๐Ÿ˜‰
                WILL it hurt them? or will the seal ya’ll use,protect them?

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Bodine
                Participant

Leigha wrote:

SLEDGE HAMMER!! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

XD XD SLEDGE IT ONCE FOR ME ๐Ÿ‘ฟ XD
                  {and then I would cry ๐Ÿ˜ฅ lost windstones ๐Ÿ˜ฅ }

Leigha
                  Participant

oh yeah…I’d have so much fun ^^!

Is the problem more with drying or the tiny imperfections created when they pour the molds, such as bubbles and whatnot?
                    Right about now, I’d take a few Griff PYO’s with bubbles and whatnot…Imperfect or not, they’d still be fun as all get out to paint! I have so many ideas for them that it makes it hard to think around those ideas and about daily things I need to do! ๐Ÿ™„ XD

bayoudragon
                    Participant

bodine6127 wrote:

It brings up another point about humidity affecting our sculptures.Not hijacking the thread but,a couple of us live in the deep south.You can cut the air with a knife.When hurricanes and such take out the electricity for weeks at times,will that damage ours over time? ๐Ÿ˜ˆ The air is damp when the air cond. isn’t on,cause those *pinholes* or such to develope? I just started my collection this year, so it got me to thinking about it after reading this topic. ๐Ÿ˜€ good one ๐Ÿ˜€

Bodine,

I was out of power for 7 days with Gustav. My windstones are perfectly fine. Part of my popcorn ceiling crumbled off due to the humidity (I’m not kidding), but the windstones are unharmed. If there are any changes, I can’t tell.

-Ang ๐Ÿ™‚

Bodine
                      Participant

bayoudragon wrote:

bodine6127 wrote:

Bodine,

I was out of power for 7 days with Gustav. My windstones are perfectly fine. Part of my popcorn ceiling crumbled off due to the humidity (I’m not kidding), but the windstones are unharmed. If there are any changes, I can’t tell.
                        Hi there Bayou!
                        Oh THANK YOU! What a relief.The air is so moist this year here,I can’t wear make-up at all. My air is broke in my car and I literally have a small towel handy for my face ๐Ÿ˜ˆ I was afraid the moisture in the air will hurt them during long term power outages.. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ humidity!

-Ang ๐Ÿ™‚

Bodine
                        Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Is the problem more with drying or the tiny imperfections created when they pour the molds, such as bubbles and whatnot?
                          Right about now, I’d take a few Griff PYO’s with bubbles and whatnot…Imperfect or not, they’d still be fun as all get out to paint! I have so many ideas for them that it makes it hard to think around those ideas and about daily things I need to do! ๐Ÿ™„ XD

O*B*S*E*S*S*I*O*N my dear!!! ๐Ÿ˜› XD

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.