fbpx

Windstone mini-convention/meetup – important update

Home Forums Miscellany Community Windstone mini-convention/meetup – important update

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Zloy720
    Participant

I’m interested as well; I agree next fall would work better for saving up & arranging any time off that may be needed.

SPark
      Participant

No, I mean I’m supposed to be getting e-mail notifications whenever somebody posts a reply to this thread. That’s what happened in the past when I subscribed to a thread, and now I’m not getting any at all, even though there have been 30 replies! And I didn’t get notified of my classified add expiring. I checked my spam filter and everything, no e-mails. Did the forum change how that works or something?

Anyhow, I’ve fired off an e-mail to John, so we’ll see what’s up with the factory tour.

SPark
        Participant

Just a few quick follow up things.

I did hear back from John, and he’s open to arranging a group tour. We are still discussing things, and nothing is set in stone, but it’s certainly on the table.

Looking at hotel options and the general schedule of events I’d have planned, we’d be looking at an attending cost of around $150 per person. That would cover three nights hotel (assuming two to a room, that cost would go up for individual rooms, but down if people were willing to share four to a room. The beds are queen sized so that’s quite possible if you’re bringing a spouse/room with a close friend.) as well as the fondue party that I definitely want to host, and all the supplies for painting PYOs (probably foo pups), and covering a bit of the gas I’d use driving everyone about in the stupid gas hog I’ve got.

I’m considering other art/craft projects as well. I used to teach art at a children’s museum, so I have a large mental library of fun artsy things to do, and I’m always willing and happy to teach plush making. I have several different plush projects that can be done cheaply and in a short time period, and don’t require any previous sewing skills, so they could be done as workshops. :3 (In particular, my favorite “easy plush” project is taking goodwill plushes and making horrible Frankenstein plushes from their pieces. Super easy to do, very fast, and WAY fun! Also cheap.)

My current general plan is to do this over a weekend, with an arrival day on Thurs, activities on Fri. and Sat. and then sending folks home on Sun. Assuming we don’t get more than a dozen (which is unlikely) I can shuttle from the airport in Eugene to the Corvallis hotel in just a few trips, I’ve got an SUV. :3 The hotel I have my eye on is actually within walking distance of the factory, assuming the weather is pleasant. Anybody with disabilities/issues walking could be shuttled there by vehicle, of course.

Given the feedback so far, I’m tentatively settling this in 2016 rather than this year, so there’s all the time in the world for people to be prepared. I can’t pick actual dates yet, though, given that I don’t know what my own summer convention schedule will be like. It’s sometimes a bit of a madhouse for me. July is likely, as I shouldn’t have any conventions actually during the month, but they keep moving Everfree’s date around. πŸ˜›

Skigod377
          Participant

Depending on the date and work obligations, I’d be interested!

Skigod377
            Participant

I also think folks should check out the carousel museum while they’re there! That’d be a nice bonus trip while folks are in the area.

jmoore
              Participant

Sounds like it would be a lot of fun! Maybe we can combine ideas and if the mini convention comes to pass you can livestream the tour y’all get so those of us unable to travel can “participate.”

etruscan
                Participant

Could be interested. I’m on the East Coast but might drive anyway if it was in the summer of 2016. Catch up on a few parts of the US I haven’t been to!

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

What a fun idea. Unfortunately – like jmoore – living on the East Coast makes it logistically unlikely. πŸ™

I’d LOVE to do this, but have the same concerns with living on the East Coast, and having little spare vacation time. Would definitely need time to save up and plan for it, and get my Hubby on board (not sure he’d be interested). Might be more doable for me, but may depend on the dates and airfare costs. πŸ˜€

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                    Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                    Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                    *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

I also think folks should check out the carousel museum while they’re there! That’d be a nice bonus trip while folks are in the area.

I LOVE Carousels and have been to the Smithsonian’s carousel exhibit many times…This would a Great side trip to do! πŸ˜€

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

2016!? I think I can do this! I hope I can go! I wanna go!! Count me in as a definite maybe most likely!!

Tinks
                      Participant

Yay, 2016!! My bf said we could make it happen. Would anyone from the East coast wanna check out other attractions too?

Falcolf
                        Participant

I’ve always wanted to road trip to Oregon so this would be just the excuse. πŸ˜€

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Elena
                          Participant

I would definitely be interested! πŸ˜€
                            There might be some travel issues and of course Work but the further out I know the more likely I can swing it!

A trip to the carousel museum would be a neat side trip too!

pipsxlch
                            Participant

I’d LOVE to, but don’t know that we could swing the expense- though having it next year helps. My husband is already aware that if I EVER got to go anywhere near Oregon, we WERE going to Windstone. He is fine with that.

Sadly I’m East Coast also, couldn’t get much further from Corvallis and still be in the continental US.

I wonder about the feasibility of carpooling, at least for some people who are fairly near each other?

The idea of a virtual tour is great for those of us who can’t go!

Rachel
                              Participant

Hmm. Maybe. I certainly couldn’t commit now, but I can look into it for a summer 2016 trip.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.