Windstone mini-convention/meetup – important update

Home Forums Miscellany Community Windstone mini-convention/meetup – important update

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

I’d be interested, but don’t have the means to come down this year.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Prezaurian
      Participant

That sounds interesting but living on the east coast makes this a really hard trip to make for me financially. -sighs- I usually can’t even afford to go to Anime Weekend in Atlanta and heck that’s in the state I live in!

Kiya
        Participant

Another thing to keep in mind if you are talking September – Corvallis is a college town so September is back to school and possibly Home Coming which could make hotel bookings trickier.

Not impossible, but make sure you check your dates.

If you’ve been to the factory, you know it’s not set up to handle super large groups so tours might need to be in small groups or something. ๐Ÿ™‚

Again, definitely recommend reaching out to Bipolar Bear. ๐Ÿ™‚

Natasha
          Participant

I’d be interested, but maybe next year? Just a couple of months to get time off/save up/etc would be hard for me to manage. A farther off date might allow more people to save up and attend.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
            ANY Red Eyed Unis
            ANY Test Paint Bat
            UNIS:
            The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
            Male- Snow Leopard TP
            White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
            Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
            Mother: Okapi
            Gothic - Mahogany
            PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
            DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Tinks
            Participant

If it’s next year, I could try to see more of the west coast and make it a full vacation. It would be easier to convince my bf to go.

Linda
              Participant

I think it a good idea. I would love to meet everybody on the forum.

SPark
                Participant

Well, this summer is an absolute no-go for me. But if summer is better for people and a little more lead time is better for people, then I could plan on it being next year.

Susie
                  Keymaster

This idea has been tossed around a little before, Bipolar Bear does have some ideas, but the ultimate decision for approval must come from John and Melody (John Alberti is the one you must contact regarding this). Remember our factory is a factory full of breakable stuff – breakable stuff that looks at you and begs for tummy rubs! – but should NOT be touched! I myself have reached out and patted a creature on the head before registering the thought “Don’t touch, I might leave a finger oil spot on him that will spoil his paint!” We are not set up for tours or any more than a couple of visitors at a time. There is probably an insurance issue to consider as well because we are not open to the public. The idea sounds really fun but then there are all kinds of technicalities to consider. I don’t want to be discouraging, however there is a lot to consider before we can have a group tour of any kind – and the only people qualified to give such a tour are John and Melody themselves, you’ve got to get them on board and they are spread a little thin.

Landipan
                    Participant

That’d be a fun idea, but I live on the East coast so I wouldn’t be able to make it. But if it were to happen I’d love to see lots of pictures!

*Formerly meowmix101
                      Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Kiya
                      Participant

What about a virtual tour sometime? Totally not the same thing, but I could probably get John to do a walk through while we Livestreamed or something. ๐Ÿ™‚ More people could attend that way too.

Then if forum members wanted to do a meet up or events on even a more regional level they could.

Dragoneer_88
                        Participant

What about a virtual tour sometime? Totally not the same thing, but I could probably get John to do a walk through while we Livestreamed or something. ๐Ÿ™‚ More people could attend that way too.

Then if forum members wanted to do a meet up or events on even a more regional level they could.

I love this idea! I can’t afford to travel, so this would just be fantastic!

rock-reader
                          Participant

I’m homebound so a virtual tour would be fantastic! Actually, the whole idea sounds fun.
                            Thanks for bringing the idea out into the open, SPark – good thinking ๐Ÿ™‚

SPark
                            Participant

Are forum notifications broken, or something? I’ve subscribed to this thread, but I haven’t gotten a single message about it, despite all the posting here.

etruscan
                              Participant

Are forum notifications broken, or something? I’ve subscribed to this thread, but I haven’t gotten a single message about it, despite all the posting here.

You have to tell people you want messages. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Your first post doesn’t say that.

MandBsMom
                                Participant

I’ll throw my hat in for a virtual tour!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.