fbpx

Windstone Forum Anniversary Celebration!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Windstone Forum Anniversary Celebration!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 156 total)
  • Author

Update (6/2/07):

OK, I’ve tabulated the responses from the 17 people who responded and found the best times. It turns out that there was no single time that worked for everyone. Actually, to ensure that everyone can attend at least one celebration, we need to have a triple celebration — two on July 4 and one on July 7!

Here are the times for the 3 celebrations (Pacific time, a.k.a. GMT-7):

July 4

11AM PDT (10/17 people can attend)
    5PM PDT (8/17 people can attend)

July 7

2 PM PDT (14/17 people can attend)

I think quite a few people who didn’t respond might show up — we just might set a record! 😀 Hope everyone makes it to at least one of the celebrations!

——————————-

Update (5/13/07): This thread has now been moved to “Community” and is now a sticky (thanks Nam!) to ensure that people see it.

If you haven’t already, please be sure to indicate the times during the day that you’re available.

Thanks!

——————————-

Some of us thought that it would be nice to celebrate the first anniversary of the forum by being online at the same time on either the anniversary date or some date close to it.

In order to pick a day/time that will work for the largest number of people, we need inputs from everyone who’s interested in participating on the following:

1) Would you be available on July 4 (PST, GMT-7, a.k.a Windstone time)? This was the official opening day of the forum.

2) If not, would you be available July 7 (PST, GMT-7, a.k.a Windstone time)? This is the Saturday following the anniversary day.

3) What times during the day would you be able to be online (please specify the hours in PST)?

————————————————

Here’s some of the discussion so far from the other thread:

mimitrek wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

It’s the only thing I can think of that we could all do. The forum was started on June 16, according to the Memberlist. If we agree on a time, I’ll be on – no matter whose computer I have to use. (I’ll be in the States then.)

Well, if we consider all members who have listed a location and have made at least one post, the forum members are in US, Canada, UK, Germany, Switzerland, and Sweden. The maximum time difference is 11 hours, and its between Hawaii (GMT-10) and the European countries (all GMT+1) — so it should be doable!

So one possibility would be to make it at 10AM Hawaii time, which would be 9PM for all of the European countries. The only problem is that the bulk of the forum members are in mainland US/Canada, and it would be 12PM – 3PM for those people…and probably not too many people would be around in the middle of the day on a Saturday (June 16). Hmm…maybe I’ll do a poll to find out what times would work best for people…

mimitrek wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

We would have to determine the official opening date. I cant tell by the member list cuz some of them were tests. I wonder when it did first open?

I think the “official” opening date was July 4, 2006, when Chessie posted the “Welcome” announcement, which was the first post on the forum.

But I think a lot of the people in the US may have holiday plans on July 4, and July 7 (the Saturday following) might be the best bet.

What does everyone think?

Maria
    Participant

Either of those days should work for me. I’ll be in Michigan then.

Jodi
      Participant

I could be on July 4th in the morning (Central Standard Time). The following Saturday I will be at a convention and won’t have internet access.

I’ll be around about 6-10PM GMT

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Either of those days should work for me. I’ll be in Michigan then.

Moving your post from the other thread:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I’m all for it. I think I’ll be available both those days, at least morning and evening.

Maria
        Participant

Ah yes. 😀

Starbreeze
          Participant

I can probably be around morning to early afternoon Eastern time on July 4th. We don’t really have plans until fireworks in the evening.

Pegasi1978
            Participant

I haven’t decided if I’m going to be hone for the Fourth of July and the weekend after or if I am going to visit family. That weekend works a lot better for me than the one in June because I will be travelling for my birthday (18 ) and my niece’s first birthday (19). I’m online most of the day (6 AM PST to 8/9 PM PST) hoping I get to talk to my husband and pop in and out of the forum during it.

I know I’ll be at work on the 4th. PST I think is 3 hours behind here so I can be online after 5 pm here so 2pm PST? The 7th I might have off. I’d have to check so that day if I’m off I’ll be online on and off allday, unless something comes up.

dragonmedley
              Participant

I’m ok for both Saturdays.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

dragonmedley wrote:

I’m ok for both Saturdays.

Actually, only July 7 is a Saturday (July 4 is a Wednesday).

Elena
                Participant

Either Saturday works for me!!

Can newbies play too? Either day will work, and times are flexible unless it goes too late in the evening.

Either day works for me and I’m the one in Hawaii, so due to the fact the dogs get me up at 0500 every day ANYWAY….any time will work!! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 156 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.