fbpx

Windstone eBay AUCTIONS, December 30

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone eBay AUCTIONS, December 30

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 1,020 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Participant

😐

ROFL!

As per your friend’s comment about the Male/Mother thing Scenceable – I can see where she’s coming from, but ever since I read Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time series I can only think of “Mother” as a title of utmost respect XD (does anyone else get this?)

The only two sculpts that comes to mind as being absolutely masculine is the male unicorn and grand unicorn. For obvious reasons, I’ll leave it at that.

Dingaling!

I have issues even with keeping straight the genders I pick for my PYO statues!! People will probably notice if they pay attention to what I write but I’ll often switch between referring to a statue as “he” and “she” pretty easily. It’s totally unconscious, and often really hard for me when I decide the gender to continue referring to it as that!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Pam

Griffins are not sexist. The female griffin is the only windstone whose name is OFFICIALLY ‘female’ instead of ‘mother’. All other female windstones are referred to as mothers.

Kujacker
        Participant

Well if that’s the case, every windstone is male to me end of story *dodges rocks* Lawl.

Someone once brought up to me how they felt windstones were degrading toward woman. As all the female sculptures are laying down. *shrug* Could be in interesting debate.

kitsunelady
          Participant

The Secret Keeper. =D Is a girl, and not laying down. But you’re right, other than that…I never even realized.

Why do you want them to be all male? >.> @ Kujacker

Pam

I think the reason females are usually lying down is because otherwise they would end up looking like the males, just sitting. Gypsum is a very restrictive material. You are pretty much limited to either sitting or lying poses. Also, to me it seems most natural for a female animal to be relaxing while the male is sitting up, strutting his stuff, looking regal and intimating, etc. (it would look out of place to me for their poses to be switched!).

Anyway, only male/female windstone pairs seem to be made this way with any consistency, and they make up only a very small % of windstone sculptures. Single male and female animals and young are sculpted either way. The sitting griffin chick is female, the crouching one is male, the mother griffin gargoyle is sitting, the secret keeper is female and sitting, the OW is male and lying, the gothic uni is male and lying, the young uni is sitting and probably female, the mother bear is sitting, the old male lion is lying, the mermaids are both female and are sitting, all the male animals in “animal ark” are lying, the girl and boy cherubs are both sitting, the coiled dragon is male and lying, the lion kirin is lying and probably male, the sun and moon dragon pair I think are a male/female pair, and both are sitting, and most everything else has no specific gender assignment and could be male or female.

littleironhorse
              Participant

Well if that’s the case, every windstone is male to me end of story *dodges rocks* Lawl.

Someone once brought up to me how they felt windstones were degrading toward woman. As all the female sculptures are laying down. *shrug* Could be in interesting debate.

*eyes roll*

Some people just read way too much into such details…

Misty
                Participant

I don’t think of the PYO’s as male or female until I paint them, then they kinda take on a personality as I go. Example: Even though the phoenix I painted is modeled after a male bird I think of it as female :O

Kujacker
                  Participant

Why do you want them to be all male? >.> @ Kujacker

There is not a single animal that I look at that ever reads “female”. All animal species read male to me… especially any reptile (ie dragons).
                    You know how some people automatically think all cats are female? That kind of thing. I automatically think everything is male because it LOOKS male at first glass. Even if I know an animal is female (say, a dog), it will still almost always look male to me.

There are slight “exceptions” to this… but not always. Even when I know an animal is female, it may or many read as one. For example, my female ferret LOOKS feminine. Her head is smaller and she’s over all smaller in body build. But the pitbull I pet sit sometimes, though it’s female, it still looks male in body structure (owner thinks so too lol).

That make sense?

Kujacker
                    Participant

The sitting griffin chick is female, the crouching one is male

The sitting chick in silver is listed as male. Not to mention I’ve seen both sculpts be called both genders on ebay auctions.

young uni is sitting and probably female

I’ve only ever seen it listed as male.

and most everything else has no specific gender assignment and could be male or female.

I only noticed the same few statues called either gender (on ebay, at least). Most seem to be “defined”.

Also, wasn’t the ow suppose to be a female in the beginning? So female laying down. And I thought Melody called the sk male originally on Elfwood during sculpting. So… sitting male.
                      I don’t care either way about the whole sexist thing. Just something someone said and since it was sort of reliant to what someone else said, I brought up. They’re sculptures. So it really doesn’t matter in the end.

Lupuslunae
                      Participant

All my Windstones are hermaphrodites 😉

Pam

The sitting griffin chick is female, the crouching one is male

The sitting chick in silver is listed as male. Not to mention I’ve seen both sculpts be called both genders on ebay auctions.

young uni is sitting and probably female

I’ve only ever seen it listed as male.

and most everything else has no specific gender assignment and could be male or female.

I only noticed the same few statues called either gender (on ebay, at least). Most seem to be “defined”.

Also, wasn’t the ow suppose to be a female in the beginning? So female laying down. And I thought Melody called the sk male originally on Elfwood during sculpting. So… sitting male.

The sitting chick is officially female and the croucher is officially male 🙂 (If I remember correctly, which I hope I do, because I try to make all sitters “she’s” in the online auctions and all crouchers “he’s”). I may have messed up and called them the wrong gender a few times in auctions, and they do get gender switches if they are painted to look like a specific gender of animal. The young I assume to be female based on its lack of male parts, but I call it a he in auctions out of habit. Would have to ask Melody what gender it is supposed to be. You are right about the OW being female originally, but he is definitely a male now.

etruscan
                          Participant

Well, when Melody makes the female Gothic Unicorn, she can make the sculpt sitting up like the Young Unicorn. (I’m kidding!) Although, I do think a baby Gothic Unicorn would be cute.

Pam

Imagine these with horns:

Stephanie
                              Participant

*melts*

Hannah
                                Participant

OMG!! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee- *passes out*

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                                  Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 1,020 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.