Windstone Collector

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Windstone Collector

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

EDITED:

I hired Windstone Collector to paint a wolf for me, and paid her up front. I haven’t heard from her in months and can’t seem to contact her anymore. If anyone out there actually speaks to her – please ask her to get ahold of me, she owes me a painted wolf or $120. THANKS!

Anonymous

siberakh1
        Participant

I know she had some personal issues for a while and said she’d be scarce for a time, though it has been a while. Maybe someone here on the forum can contact her to see what is going on for you to get an update or for her to contact you? πŸ˜•

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

I heard a few things along these lines happening to someone else as well. I was supposed to do a trade with her myself and she just dropped off the radar. I hope things get worked out. She was a very talented painter, but there is no excuse for abandoning a customer like that. What a pity. πŸ™

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

I really am appalled by all this. First off, I couldn’t figure out my password for the forums. Secondly, yes, I did have some personal issues. I don’t feel I need to post them all here because they are MY issues. Because for everyone person who is nice, another will judge. I will say this. I work 6 days a week, Sundays off is all. I am looking to move as I am getting a divorce. I make just over min wage for IL. I will be selling off a bit of my collection soon. I also want to say, she had no clue what the difference in breeds of wolf are. She said arctic, I painted an arctic…It was wrong. I explained to her a bit of what was going on. I have had a money order and a blank wolf to send back to her sitting on the counter without a chance to mail it out. I am now working and trying to get over strep throat (just got over the flu!). I am also using my boss’s computer to post this. I told her when I got the money (yes I TOO HAVE BILLS) I would send it to her. But I’ll be sure to take time off work and send it to you Poems…And I’ll just keep the wolf. I’ll sell it locally when I finish it…WHEN I HAVE TIME TO PAINT! But, it won’t get finished first. Sorry for having a life outside of Windstone…But Poems, you are the only person on my list who has gone to the lengths of trying to make me sound like a thief or a con artist at a place I spent years at before you…How sad for you. And just to add, I do believe up until now I haven’t had any problems.

Dragon, if you are referring to the Dark Phoenix Griffin, I still have him and was waiting and waiting on you to have a griffin to swap for him…But I understand…People get busy, and commissions make money, not swaps. I am sorry.

As I am sure that there are others on my list who are still wondering what is going on, you can either find me on facebook or use the email i have listed in my PYO commission thread (tho it will take me longer to respond to the email since I open it once a week).
            I’d like to thank the other forum members who have contacted me to let me know about this situation, Thank You.

Hannah
            Participant

I am not trying to get in the middle of this by any means, but I think the point Poems was trying to make was that (from what she said) she is in a situation where she paid for something and has not received anything for said payment, and also has not gotten any correspondence from the person who she paid. I’m not accusing anyone of anything here – I’m just saying that in THAT particular situation that she described, she has every right to be worried about her money.

Of course, real life happens! That said, contact can always be made to communicate that things are going on, or things will be late, etc. The last thing that I want is for someone to think that I ran off with their money, and I can totally see how it would seem that way if I didn’t have any communication with someone for a while. AGAIN – I am NOT accusing anyone of anything here! I don’t know what happened, and I’m not saying that I do. I’m simply responding to the situation which may or may not have happened.

That all said, I think the forums aren’t the place to start any arguments. I think Poems just wanted to get WindstoneCollector’s communication and she was successful in that.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
              Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Kujacker
              Participant

Poems wrote:

she owes me a painted wolf or $120.

This right here just sounds rude to me. πŸ˜• If she was concerned about getting into contact with WSC, she could have left this out. This does sound like she’s accusing WSC of just taking her money and running. It may have not been intended, but when words are not chosen correctly things are mistaken.

And I recall WSC mentioning in a thread that she was going to have to totally change a wolf pyo because the commissioner had no idea what they wanted. This is TERRIBLE for a painter. If Poems asked for an arctic wolf and WSC painted an arctic wolf… it’s Poems fault for not knowing an arctic wolf from a timber wolf (not saying she thought an arctic was a timber, just using an example).

Grayfire_artz
                Participant

Hannah
                  Participant

Again, I wasn’t accusing anyone of anything, I was just commenting on the situation as it appears here – I have no background information whatsoever and for all I know some very important details could have been left out.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                    Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Anonymous

Great! WSC finally responded, that’s what I wanted – a reply to my many inquiries. Thank you, Jen. As the original post states, I wanted someone to get ahold of her, since she didn’t reply to my Facebook post, it was deleted – and my various emails. I understand about life issues, we all have them.

As for the misunderstanding to the difference of wolf breeds, I provided photo’s of the type of wolf I wanted – I could have called it a dog πŸ˜‰ And the wolf she painted was beautiful and I recall someone on the forum saying they would love to have it in their collection, and Jen told me it was no problem.

I am glad someone out there brought this to Jen’s attention, and I am happy to take a money order payment – not sure why that was posted to the boards when my email address works fine. Lets just get this over with πŸ™‚

Jen, I hope things settle down for you soon, and I understand how hard life gets. But try and find your way back to what you love doing, because you are quite gifted.

KoishiiKitty
                      Participant

Poems wrote:

Great! WSC finally responded, that’s what I wanted – a reply to my many inquiries. Thank you, Jen. As the original post states, I wanted someone to get ahold of her, since she didn’t reply to my Facebook post, it was deleted – and my various emails. I understand about life issues, we all have them.

As for the misunderstanding to the difference of wolf breeds, I provided photo’s of the type of wolf I wanted – I could have called it a dog πŸ˜‰ And the wolf she painted was beautiful and I recall someone on the forum saying they would love to have it in their collection, and Jen told me it was no problem.

I am glad someone out there brought this to Jen’s attention, and I am happy to take a money order payment – not sure why that was posted to the boards when my email address works fine. Lets just get this over with πŸ™‚

Jen, I hope things settle down for you soon, and I understand how hard life gets. But try and find your way back to what you love doing, because you are quite gifted.

You might want to try sending this to her email too, just in case she is not on the forum for a while. Her email seems the best way to contact her.. or a facebook private message.

Anonymous

KoishiiKitty wrote:

You might want to try sending this to her email too, just in case she is not on the forum for a while. Her email seems the best way to contact her.. or a facebook private message.

Koishi, I’ve tried emails and Facebook – never got replies (I’m talking months). Not until I posted here. So that’s why I posted here. I am glad there has been contact. Time does fly!

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

I’m glad it worked out

Got a busted Windstone?
                            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin
                            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Jennifer
                            Keymaster

I’m glad there has been progress made. πŸ™‚ Life does get the better of us all sometimes.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                              My art: featherdust.com

Yeral wrote:

Again, I wasn’t accusing anyone of anything, I was just commenting on the situation as it appears here – I have no background information whatsoever and for all I know some very important details could have been left out.

Actually you don’t know me one bit you n00b. And throwing your two cents in only makes me decide I may not like you at all based on your first impression. This thread did not demand your input. Thank you. You’ve been here for 4 months…

I have had an issue for a while with one other person who opened their mouth in this thread about waiting for me (And I have never said a word on the forums about it might I add.)…How about every time I asked about every blank you bragged about getting only to have you tell me that somehow someone already snuck in and commissioned it? I’ve waited almost a year for it too yet I have always stuck up for you and defended you…And you say this? Thanks. I’ll remember how I left you in the dust…NOT. (BTW I see posts as often as I get on facebook by this peson…and they could have contacted me anytime there…Been tons of blank Griffins in the store lately.)

As for the other members who have had nothing but nice things to say to or about me, Thank you kindly, but this is not your fight, don’t cause waves for yourselves here over me. I don’t expect anyone to stick their necks out for me. This will be my final reply to this thread and I don’t feel I was in the wrong with anything I have/will have said either.

By the way, sending someone a pic of a timber wolf and being ADAMANT that you want an ARCTIC wolf is very confusing…Even if you are an every day Joe…But thank you Kujacker for addressing the issue of the differing wolves. I just hope someone can manage to do a commission for her that is everything she wants it to be. Be whatever type of “dog” she may want.

With that said…I bow to the forum moderator God I will forever remember as “Nam”…

By the way…I have quite a few people on a waiting list…Yet none have been rude about it…Even the people who sent me THEIR blanks to paint. With no more contact than Poems has gotten.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.