What's your Favorite Spectral?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone What's your Favorite Spectral?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie
    Participant

I’ve always wanted a spectral, but I’ve never been able to decide on rising vs. sitting, or a color. Which spectral is your favorite? I’d love to see pictures, too!

LZ
      Participant

I can’t pick a favorite color out of the ones i have, but I can from colors I don’t have: the test paint blue ice. I would love to have that one. Like, really, really badly.

However, I definitely like the sitting better than the rising. The rising spectral’s chest sticks out a lot and his torso looks too bulbous to me. The wing seems too small for it. With the sitting one, these aspects are minimized. I see more wing compared to the rest of the body which I like. It just looks more neat and tidy to me.

These are the six colors I have, and I think they are all great. I have emerald in the male dragon sculpt, which has a similar shape, but I do not want it in spectral. I like the contrast of the red eye with the emerald paint. The crystal eye does not make me interested in getting an emerald spectral.

More pictures of mine, minus the red fire, are in the conga line thread.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Stephanie
        Participant

In looking at pictures of the two sculpts I think I prefer the sitting too.
          Yours are beautiful! I love blue morpho on this sculpt. Striking detail on the wings.

etruscan
          Participant

I prefer the rising spectral. I don’t like the front legs on the sitting spectral and, in my opinion, the rising spectral has more personality.

LZ
            Participant

My blue morpho is a (probably permanent) placeholder for blue ice. I like it. I just secretly imagine it is lighter and icier and stuff. LOL

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

dashesndots
              Participant

Sitting-Spectral-Early-Autumn-1_sm
                Sitting Spectral Early Autumn #1

Rising-Spectral-Shimmering-Embers-1_sm
                Rising Spectral Shimmering Embers #1

These are the two I own, I like the both fairly equally 🙂

Stephanie
                Participant

Those are both beautiful! Do they have different eyes than normal, or is it a reflection?

dashesndots
                  Participant

It’s a reflection of the opening of the photo cube/tent thing that I’m taking my pic through, I think! It does look kinda cool haha, but they are just normal eyes.

etruscan
                    Participant

This Candytuft Riser does have regular Windstone eyes rather than the usual spectral eyes. It makes a surprising difference! As far as I recall (but I could be wrong) he is the only Riser with “normal” eyes.

Windstone_Riser_Candytuft_side-1_500-wide

Windstone_Riser_Candytuft_front_500-wide

Windstone_Riser_Candytuft_side-2_500-wide

Stephanie
                      Participant

Wow. I absolutely LOVE normal eyes on spectrals! That one is amazing.

Nightcrow
                        Participant

What a cool Riser, etruscan!

I know I have seen at least one other Spectral with normal eyes (might have been a matched set, might have been just one) because I really loved the way they looked and was disappointed to find it out it’s not feasible as a production option. (The Spectral’s eye sockets are deeper, and had to be built-up after casting until they were shallow enough to insert regular eyes, apparently. Doubt they could do that for production pieces, but it looked super-cool!)

I want to say it was a (prototype?) White spectral or spectrals, because I’m pretty certain that the eyes involved were yellow and I tend to pay more attention when White dragons are involved, 🙂 but more likely it was a test paint. Maybe it’ll ring a bell for someone else?

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Skylover
                          Participant

As far as the sculpt goes, I like the rising spectral much better than the sitting one. I like the personality and pose of the rising spectral much more. The front legs and concave chest of the sitting spectral bothers me when I look at it head-on.

That said, my favorite spectral is my Winter Storm sitting spectral painted by PS. She had a way of decorating the wings with abstract and beautiful patterns that made me appreciate the sculpt a lot more. Here’s a not so great picture.

53202C87-28AF-4FFC-BFAC-5B7751C70696

Nightcrow
                            Participant

Oh, that Winter Storm Spectral is so pretty, Skylover! I love the other Winter Storm pieces, but I hadn’t remembered there was a Spectral, too. The subtle patterns are especially nice with the Spectral eyes, I think!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Bodancia
                              Participant

This is my Summer Leaf Spectral. Loved seeing the Early Autumn Spectral!

IMG_1075

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

Kim
                                Blocked

Skylover that’s such a cool spectral! I like the sitting ones myself. I don’t have one yet but would like to get one. I like the look of the pastel rainbow one.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.