What would you do…

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone What would you do…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    jackid55
    Participant

Hello all. It’s been awhile since I’ve been on here. Hope you are all doing well.

I’m curious to see how you all would handle this situation…

I decided to browse eBay and check out the Windstone for sale, and found a pyo that I painted. Obviously the fact that it’s for sale is not an issue. When I read the description I was shocked. The person selling the pyo is claiming that they painted it and even signed their name to the bottom.

What should I do? Should I just say oh well and let it go, or contact the seller? I am dealing with a lot right now so maybe I’m being overly sensitive.

I haven’t painted many pyos so I’ve never run into this before. It’s not a masterpiece by any means, but I painted it. Besides I can’t stand when sellers misrepresent, or in this case, lie about what they are selling.

Anyhow, it’s late and I’m rambling. Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
      Jacki

JynXx
      Participant

Do you have pictures of the PYO in question as you painted it? You could use them in your case if you decide to report the Seller to eBay. They’re committing fraud by claiming another Artist’s work as their own. It’s a case of “Item isn’t as described”. Granted, you should try resolving the issue yourself first, but if measures need to be taken that far, it’s good to have evidence to back you up, even though you should have to at all.

↞↞≪∙ FOREVER SEEKING •↟•

• ► By Patricia Smith ◄ •
        ☙ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
        ✾ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
        ✾ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

• ► By Melody ◄ •
        ☙ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
        ☙ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
        ☙ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

StormDancer
        Participant

Personally, I would contact the seller and tell them that you painted it.
          It is a misrepresentation for them to claim that they are the ones that painted an item you did. As a buyer I would be very disappointed to purchase something and then find out it wasn’t what it was claimed to be.
          I don’t know what the laws are about such things but I think I would look into them.

Good luck either way!

Looking for:
          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

jackid55
          Participant

Thank you both for responding. Yes, I have pictures of it being painted. I also have the picture of what the paint job was based off of. Now that I think about it, I probably have emails between the seller and I discussing the paint job, I was painting it as part of a trade.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t over reacting. So, thank you.

Jacki

jmoore
            Participant

I don’t think you’re over-reacting at all. It is definitely a case of fraud by the seller. Especially since they signed their name to the bottom of it, knowing full well that they didn’t paint it.

Natasha
              Participant

Yikes! That’s both fraud and really tacky! I’d definitely contact them and if they don’t amend their auction I’d report them to eBsy. Ugh, why can’t people just be cool?

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                ANY Red Eyed Unis
                ANY Test Paint Bat
                UNIS:
                The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                Male- Snow Leopard TP
                White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                Mother: Okapi
                Gothic - Mahogany
                PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                DRAGONS: Male Coyote

dragonmedley
                Participant

Nope, you’re not over-reacting at all! This isn’t the first time it’s happened either, though honestly, I can’t remember who the artist was and how they resolved this.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

jackid55
                  Participant

I contacted the seller on here and told them I was surprised when I saw that they were selling it as their own work. The response was…. “Why were you surprised, Jacki?”

Really? That’s all I get? No shame. No apology. Nothing. Like it’s the most natural thing in the world to claim other people’s work. Amazing.

jmoore
                    Participant

Wow – that’s just shocking……

Natasha
                      Participant

I contacted the seller on here and told them I was surprised when I saw that they were selling it as their own work. The response was…. “Why were you surprised, Jacki?”

Really? That’s all I get? No shame. No apology. Nothing. Like it’s the most natural thing in the world to claim other people’s work. Amazing.

Gross! Report them to ebay!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                        ANY Red Eyed Unis
                        ANY Test Paint Bat
                        UNIS:
                        The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                        Male- Snow Leopard TP
                        White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                        Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                        Mother: Okapi
                        Gothic - Mahogany
                        PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                        DRAGONS: Male Coyote

jackid55
                        Participant

I’m pretty sure I posted pictures of the pyo in question on here, but it was five of more years ago. Is there any way to locate the pics?

Scathach
                          Participant

I’m pretty sure I posted pictures of the pyo in question on here, but it was five of more years ago. Is there any way to locate the pics?

Do you have a gallery? You could get them there.
                            I’d report them to eBay.

Life is beautiful.

JynXx
                            Participant

That Seller is despicable… they need to be reported. And you can track past posts like this: Account > Track the tab that’s next to “Orders”. If you didn’t remove the photos from your external album [ex: Photobucket], they should still be in the original post 🙂

↞↞≪∙ FOREVER SEEKING •↟•

• ► By Patricia Smith ◄ •
                              ☙ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
                              ✾ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
                              ✾ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

• ► By Melody ◄ •
                              ☙ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
                              ☙ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
                              ☙ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

jackid55
                              Participant

She says I must be confused. I guess I’ll find the pictures and go from there.

Kim
                                Blocked

Is there a chance it was just really similar or maybe they did paint it but copied yours or something like it? Even if they did paint it but copied yours that still wouldn’t be cool. Unless its just a coincidence that is looks like yours? Or if you are sure it’s yours I would show them your pictures to prove it and report them. I am not sure what the pyo in question is but it would be cool to see your pics and theirs.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.