fbpx

What would you bring

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone What would you bring

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Brian
    Participant

O.k. I found a store that might be interested in selling windstone. The lady want to see a few dragons in person. What would you show to gain a good interest. I am not bringing my emperor, Rising spectral or OW. Maybe a ruby scratching and mother and a coiled and fledgie or young in different colors. I hate to pack them up and move them so I think 3 would be enough.
      What would you bring?

Brian
      Participant

Pegasi1978
        Participant

First off, I wouldn’t take anything retired or limited production/edition. Definately taking things of differing sizes (and colors) is a plus.

Nightcrow
          Participant

Well, the only time I went fishing for vendors, I brought my White Young Dragon and my Emerald Old Warrior, mostly because those two were the only ones I had on hand. (I’m a college student — the rest of my Windstones are at my parents’ house, in another state.)

She was *VERY* impressed with the OW! ๐Ÿ™‚ Maybe a little too impressed — she was disappointed that they don’t make that color anymore. So maybe when you go, bring at least one currently-available dragon, if possible?

Good luck!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

BDW
            Participant

Maybe you could bring a catalog along even if some of the pieces are retired (just explain to her why) you could show her some different stuff that Windstones makes. Maybe dragons of different colors and sizes.

Rusti
              Participant

nightcrow wrote:

Well, the only time I went fishing for vendors, I brought my White Young Dragon and my Emerald Old Warrior, mostly because those two were the only ones I had on hand. (I’m a college student — the rest of my Windstones are at my parents’ house, in another state.)

She was *VERY* impressed with the OW! ๐Ÿ™‚ Maybe a little too impressed — she was disappointed that they don’t make that color anymore. So maybe when you go, bring at least one currently-available dragon, if possible?

Good luck!

I don’t think that place ever picked up Windstones, did they? I went in there too with my Black Gold male. I didn’t speak to the owner, but the gal working looked at the dragons, made impressed noises and took a message for the owner.

Jodi
                Participant

I would only bring current items: a dragon and a stone-colored item, like a candlelamp or bookend. Maybe a Male Dragon or Mother Dragon (current color).

Brian
                  Participant

Blackdesertwind wrote:

Maybe you could bring a catalog along even if some of the pieces are retired you could show her some different stuff that Windstones makes. Maybe dragons of different colors and sizes.

Good idea I have some old catalogs. Susie is helping also. The lady really wanted to see them in person after looking at the website.
                    And pegasi I was thinking that to. Maybe Blk/Gld coiled, Gold mother and the scratcher

If you can, print out the pages in color from the Product Catalog site and take those with you. Remember that there is more to Windstones than just dragons.

The candlelamps and cat items might be more popular to the general public. If you have something from those lines, you might bring it along with a dragon in a color that is not soon to be retired. And just from my viewpoint, several smaller items might be easier to convince a new vendor to pick up than one or two large dragons.

Bring the Neptune Emperor, and tell them it’s one of Windstone’s entry level pieces ๐Ÿ˜€

Seriously though, bring one current production dragon, a gargoyle, and/or bookend, and a brochure. If they have a computer pull up the Windstone site, show them the production pieces, and wow them with the ebay gallery. Then laugh at their other fantasy/dragon pieces ๐Ÿ˜€

keschete
                    Participant

vapordragon wrote:

O.k. I found a store that might be interested in selling windstone. The lady want to see a few dragons in person. What would you show to gain a good interest. I am not bringing my emperor, Rising spectral or OW. Maybe a ruby scratching and mother and a coiled and fledgie or young in different colors. I hate to pack them up and move them so I think 3 would be enough.
                      What would you bring?

One large piece in a current color and a small piece in a current color and a stone piece in current production….

Maebnus
                      Participant

I’d bring an Old Warrior before I’d bring a Scratcher. I think it’s easier to carry. Plus, I rarely see OW’s in stores… sad really, since they impress so many uninitiated sales people.

Maria
                        Participant

Good luck getting them to carry Windstones, vapordragon.

Hey! Being that this store will now be in MY area too, I want to underline what some have already said here too. If possible, bring her at least one NON dragon piece. And like it’s been said, pieces of different size and color selection would be great so she can see just how detailed they are and how brilliant in color. A stone piece too.

I also agree that if possible, you should bring her pieces that she can actually order. If not, explain why you could only bring what you had and assure her that the colors currently in production of a sculpt you bring, is simply gorgeous. If she needs comfort in wondering if it’s worth her time and investment (will they sell), point her here! If you dont have a catalog to bring her, if you can, print out the gallery and/or store pages here or elsewhere that you can staple together to get her appetite going. Once Im settled in from my move, if you havent done something like that, I can try to put together a mock laundry list catalog (or show her my printed out Wish List as I put a larger than thumbnail view of everyone wish pieces to help me out when Im in the field… aka – shopping). No promises on time tho since Im about to enter the Kingdom of Chaos (moving and unpacking).

PM me with where this store is so I can familiar myself with the fastest route to get there!

Skigod377
                          Participant

Mos def only bring rpoduction peices. A scratcher is fine. Its one of the best peices. Bring a peice from different price ranges. Maybe a fledge, a scratcher, and then something non-dragon, like a bookend or unicorn.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.