What is a firin?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody What is a firin?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

Yes, we ran into that law last summer. We were going to have kids use found quills to make quill pens. Then we discovered that having the quills was illegal and had to quick get some quills from domestic fowl!

Skeeterdeee
      Participant

LOL! That’s awesome!! My hubby has a dead stuff box of awesome things he found while hiking; like a raven’s claw and a coyote skull that he cleaned and laquered.

Oh gosh!! Lalalala, I didn’t hear that! (be careful what you say you have online, the raven bit is illegal)

Are you serious?? How can it be made illegal to pick stuff off the ground? I can understand that killing them would be illegal, but not picking up an old, mummified piece. :puzzled:

Purplecat
        Participant

laws like that are there to protect the birds even from dishonest people who would happily lie about where they got body parts so that they could poach and sell.

Some birds are endangered enough that the loss of a single animal is a large loss. Many large bird species do NOT reproduce at a rapid rate.

Kujacker
          Participant

LOL! That’s awesome!! My hubby has a dead stuff box of awesome things he found while hiking; like a raven’s claw and a coyote skull that he cleaned and laquered.

Oh gosh!! Lalalala, I didn’t hear that! (be careful what you say you have online, the raven bit is illegal)

Are you serious?? How can it be made illegal to pick stuff off the ground? I can understand that killing them would be illegal, but not picking up an old, mummified piece. :puzzled:

I don’t know anything about bird laws, so I can’t say anything about that. But I heard from the family that has this piece that might kind of apply. Maybe not.

A family I know has a real tiger skin rug (one of those that have the head on it). It was given to them by a friend of their family that had it for many, many years. From my understanding, they can never sell the rug because of laws against it. They even said that if they were ever found out to just have this piece in their possession, they could have serious law issues.

Perhaps it’s something like that (your bird/animal parts). Even though they didn’t kill this animal, just having it could cause serious legal issues (assuming their information on the subject is correct).

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.