fbpx

Welcome Jim Upton!!

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area Welcome Jim Upton!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

Its nice to have you!

Skigod377
      Participant

Purplecat
        Participant

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

wolflodge100
          Participant

Welcome! πŸ˜€

Thanx all. I’m enjoying being here. Lot’s to learn about where things are in each of the forums. It seems that there are a lot of regular posters here. I’m old, so it may take some time to figure out who’s who.

I can also see that you all type faster than I do.

wolflodge100
            Participant

I am one of the “older” ones here too and I still type with two fingers πŸ˜†

Welcome, tell us about yourself. What lead you to our community?

Oh and it just takes practice to type fast. πŸ˜€

Long story. I’m known as, The DragonMaster, in the world of Custom Rod Builders. I weave Dragons on fishing rods. I did one, as a test weave, of Melody’s Lap Dragon that set the rod weaving community on it’s ear. It and some others, have caused me to be regarded as one of the best in the world.

I have written a “How To” book on weaving for Custom Rod Builders and needed permission (copyrighted material you know)to use a picture of that weave on the cover of the book. So here I am. Not that I haven’t been here in the past but I had never become a member of the forum.

That sounds awesome. Can you post a pic of what you are talking about? I would like to see it.

Maebnus
              Participant

Welcome, Jim!
                And I agree with dragonessjade. Sounds cool, and would like a pic (what I have in my head really doesn’t seem right… but then I don’t really know what you’re talking about :lol:)

haha, that is why I figured a pic would be better. I am more of a show person then tell.

Elena
                Participant

Welcome!!!

What is Rod Weaving? I’ve never heard of it but it sound interesting! I’d like to see pictures too! πŸ˜€

Rod weaving is a whole different world. I think John will put up a picture when he gets time. I don’t know in which forum or where he intends to put it. I think we’ll have to wait and see. In the mean time I’ll have to figure out how you go about posting a picture and what the file size limits are.

Well first off you have to post at least 5 times and then you would have to load the pic to imageshack.com or photobucket.com (but photobucket can sell prints of it) and then you push the Img button and then press it again. And Walla…a picture. πŸ˜€

Starbreeze
                  Participant

Welcome! Glad you could join us!!! And the rod weaving sounds very interesting!!! πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.