fbpx

We seem to have attracted an advertising bot

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback We seem to have attracted an advertising bot

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Participant

Ugh. And they’ve really taken over the forum. That’s such a cruddy thing to do to people. πŸ™

Prezaurian
      Participant

Looks like another bot. Drugs and surveys. Bleh. Okay, well I’m not going to click on any of those forum entries. We’ll just have to be patient and wait for one of our fantastic forum mods to muck out the forum stalls. (lol, so sorry I just used a stable cleaning analogy there…but bots sure do seem like poop in a forum so I thought it fit)

MandBsMom
        Participant

But doesn’t everyone want to purchase random drugs off the internet? Anyone? (Sarcasm here)

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Prezaurian
          Participant

But doesn’t everyone want to purchase random drugs off the internet? Anyone? (Sarcasm here)

Lol. Dang, and here I thought I was saving 15 minutes by just listening to the tv adverts for them. I could have been saving 7 minutes instead!

Susie
            Keymaster

Wow! That one made a LOT of posts. Took a while to remove it too. Thanks for letting us know! I found that I couldn’t actually view any of the pages – anyone who notices spam and emails us about it – the helpful thing for us to find it quickly is the forum user name. You can email me at susie@windstoneeditions.com

Prezaurian
              Participant

Wow! That one made a LOT of posts. Took a while to remove it too. Thanks for letting us know! I found that I couldn’t actually view any of the pages – anyone who notices spam and emails us about it – the helpful thing for us to find it quickly is the forum user name. You can email me at susie@windstoneeditions.com

Spotted another one. Sent an e-mail about it with the forum user name.

Edit: Looks like you guys already spotted them. Sorry about that!

Adaneth
                Participant

Got another spammer: “axelmayonnaise”

etruscan
                  Participant

Got another spammer: “axelmayonnaise”

I emailed Susie about it. Poor Susie!

Kim
                    Blocked

Oh my goodness, more spam bots with a million postings under Ask Melody! I thought there was something wrong with my computer when I saw the Chinese writing! Please delete them!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Kiya
                      Participant

Oh my goodness, more spam bots with a million postings under Ask Melody! I thought there was something wrong with my computer when I saw the Chinese writing! Please delete them!

There were so many spam posts when I signed in, I couldn’t even see this posting. πŸ™‚

They should all be down now, but we may get hit again since it was multiple users. I’ve sent an email to some of the more knowledgeable admins to help with blocking the IPs to hopefully prevent more fake accounts from the same group.

There were over 1000 bad posts. I’ve never seen that many before!

*crossing my fingers*

etruscan
                        Participant

One slipped through later today – sending a message to Kiya. πŸ™

Edit – It looks like Jennifer annihilated the bot. Yay Jennifer!

Jennifer
                          Keymaster

There were so many that it filled up the log; I couldn’t see “far enough back” to see if any of the users remain or not. I am doing drywall today and canning tomatoes so I will not be able to monitor it super well… the best thing would be to email me the username of any spam that might pop back up. The best place to email me, today, that I can get to the fastest is nambroth@gmail.com

Thanks guys and sorry about this!

Might need to give the folks at the Factory, that have control of such things, a nudge to make sure their Captcha widget is up to date… That’s something that I think only the full admin on their side can do as I can only access the permissions.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                            My art: featherdust.com

There were so many that it filled up the log; I couldn’t see “far enough back” to see if any of the users remain or not. I am doing drywall today and canning tomatoes so I will not be able to monitor it super well… the best thing would be to email me the username of any spam that might pop back up. The best place to email me, today, that I can get to the fastest is nambroth@gmail.com

Thanks guys and sorry about this!

Might need to give the folks at the Factory, that have control of such things, a nudge to make sure their Captcha widget is up to date… That’s something that I think only the full admin on their side can do as I can only access the permissions.

Huh i missed all of it, you guys are fast!

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                            www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                            Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

JynXx
                            Participant

And again.. jeez o.o

β†žβ†žβ‰ͺβˆ™ FOREVER SEEKING β€’β†Ÿβ€’

β€’ β–Ί By Patricia Smith β—„ β€’
                              β˜™ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
                              ✾ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
                              ✾ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

β€’ β–Ί By Melody β—„ β€’
                              β˜™ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
                              β˜™ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
                              β˜™ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

Kim
                              Blocked

Yep, again. Is there a way to prevent these people or bots from signing up new accounts on this site or making them enter codes or something before posting all this spam?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.