We seem to have attracted an advertising bot

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback We seem to have attracted an advertising bot

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Heather
    Participant

I’m sure this has already been noticed, but we seem to have attracted an advertising bot. There are four new threads that look pretty out-of-place: one for custom-printed bags, one for diaper bags, one for jeans, and one for sneakers. They’re in the Windstone Store Discussion section; if they were in the Flea Market I wouldn’t have said anything, but they’re clearly in an odd place and that makes me think they were put there by a bot. I opened the one for printed bags and it sure looks like an ad to me, but I haven’t opened the other three. The poster for all four is beatsdresales.

If I am in error and this is just a case of someone accidentally posting the wrong topics in the wrong forum, then I apologize profoundly. I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings. But if we’ve got a bot then I also don’t want the Forum to get spammed with a bunch of automated adverts either. :~

Melody
      Keymaster

I’m sure this has already been noticed, but we seem to have attracted an advertising bot. There are four new threads that look pretty out-of-place: one for custom-printed bags, one for diaper bags, one for jeans, and one for sneakers. They’re in the Windstone Store Discussion section; if they were in the Flea Market I wouldn’t have said anything, but they’re clearly in an odd place and that makes me think they were put there by a bot. I opened the one for printed bags and it sure looks like an ad to me, but I haven’t opened the other three. The poster for all four is beatsdresales.

If I am in error and this is just a case of someone accidentally posting the wrong topics in the wrong forum, then I apologize profoundly. I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings. But if we’ve got a bot then I also don’t want the Forum to get spammed with a bunch of automated adverts either. :~

yup

Carolyn
        Participant

I noticed it seems weird . What does it have to do with Windstones .

Susie
          Keymaster

That spam should be all gone now! Thanks for letting us know. If you see one – its a good idea to pm or email me or John or Pam… There’s supposed to be a report button but someone said it was missing. Not sure about that problem! Thanks! Spam averted.

When you advertise a product or service, you attempt to persuade an audience to take action. Marketing, on the other hand, is a strategy that organizes sales techniques and business communications in an effort to build a relationship with customers and create value, according the American Marketing Association. Proper marketing is identifying and satisfying the wants and needs of customers while making a profit at the same time. Thanks.
            Regards,
            Law Creative

Dragon_Hoarder
            Participant

^ oh the irony

etruscan
              Participant

Those are a different poster, who actually has been a member for several weeks (which doesn’t mean it isn’t a bot).

Stormbreeze
                Participant

There are a bunch of ads for medicine and pills now… creepy. I think someone might (?) want to remove those. (They aren’t in flea market section, or else I would not have asked.)

My apologies if someone had posted them on purpose, but I don’t think they belong here.

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Kiya
                  Participant

I tried removing them, but I get a weird error when I try to follow the links – which might mean someone else is trying to remove them too. I’ll poke someone tomorrow if they’re still there.

Kim
                    Blocked

That’s weird. I just checked now and see them all listed as new forum topics but when I clicked on them it said not found which is probably good if someone already removed them. I would probably remove whoever posted them so they don’t appear everyday. I have a facebook group where we get people requesting to join all the time that turn out to be fake profiles posting advertisements so I have to check carefully to see who people are before adding them and if they post anything, delete it and ban them.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Prezaurian
                      Participant

How obnoxious! I’m glad they’ve been removed.

Susie
                        Keymaster

Now I think that last spam has been completely removed!

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

Yea Ms Susie!
                            Saving us from those Nasty Bots! ๐Ÿ˜€

They’re not going to take over OUR Windstone World! ๐Ÿ˜‰

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                            Zeppard Adult Poads
                            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Prezaurian
                            Participant

Thank you!

Ela_Hara
                              Participant

Looks like another SPAM Bot has attacked, but is more wide spread this time… ๐Ÿ™

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                                Zeppard Adult Poads
                                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.