fbpx

we looove our cats

Home Forums Miscellany Community we looove our cats

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

DISGUSTING!

Your cats make me SICK!!

I HATE cats that kill other animals – and to think they drag the diseased mice and birds with lice into your homes, onto your beds…………

SICKENING, FILTHY animals!!

(can’t stop laughing at my reply)

But seriously – I had a male cat that would bring the most precious wildlife to my doorstep, and it broke my heart everytime. He was a proud hunter :sigh: A few played dead to get away, I remember a particular beautiful morning dove baby, and it flew away in the end. I was so thankful. The rest will remain nameless, all buried properly with a blessing of sage and a thank you for having given the cat his honor.

twindragonsmum
      Participant

*SNERK!!!* Well said, Poems, well said :yes: Whether it be cat or canine, feathered or scaled, the fact that these wonderful creatures include us in their “pride” or “pack” or “flock”, we benefit from their companionship :yes:

twindragonsmum 8)

tdm

Amanda
        Participant

Jennifer wrote:

Oop! I better not say anything here or I’ll get in trouble. 😉

I really hate that my ferals kill birds, I don’t want any animal to be hurt, there just isn’t anything I can do about it 🙁

twindragonsmum
          Participant

Eleu wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

I really hate that my ferals kill birds, I don’t want any animal to be hurt, there just isn’t anything I can do about it 🙁

Eleu, I completely understand how you feel! For good or bad, kitties are carnivores and WILL hunt. I don’t like that ours hunt because I’m extremely fond of rodentia (used to raise mice, hamsters, hooded rats, whatever I could get past my parents at the time) but I don’t think that trait could be bred out of kitties… Unfortunately your feral kitties need this trait for survival. It’s wonderful that they trust you enough to come and “dine on your doorstep” so to speak. And I think YOU are a marvelous person to help keep an eye out for your ferals!

twindragonsmum :yes:

tdm

Amanda
            Participant

Thanks twindragonsmum 🙂 I know they only do it cause it’s their instinct, and not that they are cruel or anything. But I do so feel the guilt since they are doing it to bring ME gifts. They don’t actually consume their kills (unless they do it out of my sight and just bring one for me too 🙄 ) but they don’t NEED any extra food. Lord knows they have all the dry food they can eat, and wet food daily since they like it-lol The boy Budders showed up with his mom when he was probably 6 months old or so, and his mom had a litter of 3 the next spring. When the kittens were weaned, mom and the other two babies disappeared, so it was just the last kitten (Mitten) and Budders left. They are inseperable and this coming winter will be their 3rd and 4th with me. I did get Mits spayed last spring thankfully. They are good kits, meeting me for their supper every night. Buds has let me scratch him for about a year and a half, but only at the top of the stairs were the food is-lol Mits is just fine with me touching her nose once a day. Of course, she probably still blames me for her 10 day stay in quarentine-little booger bit my hands up when I caught her for her spay 😉

Oh! And I love pet rats! Had 3 when I was younger, Beanie, Spot, and Ben 😀

Grayfire_artz
              Participant

Jennifer wrote:

spill it!!
                you know you want to!
                what presents have you received from your pets?

Jasmine
                Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

Eleu wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

Eleu, I completely understand how you feel! For good or bad, kitties are carnivores and WILL hunt.

Not sure about that one…my cats are totally indoor kitties and they had no idea what to do with the one mousie we had a few years back. 😕 They just sat and stared at it… but then my kitties aren’t exactly the brightest crayons in the box. 😈

Jerusha
                  Participant

My cats are indoor only. And they are leery of anything bigger than a bug. They’ve been around rats, chinchillas, cockatoos – you’d think they’d make at least one kill attempt. but no, the feral-born one just hides under the bed, and the b*tchy one just shies away. No half eaten presents for me… (that’s ok, really 😀 )

darjeb
                    Participant

darjeb wrote:

I once had a cat that caught snakes and unfortuately brought thm into the house. After my husband passd away the boy next door was nice enough to take care of the problem of getting the snake out of my house – he heard me scream clear next door.

I forgot to add the snakes were always alive and she turned them lose in the house.

Rachel
                      Participant

grayfire artz wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

spill it!!
                        you know you want to!
                        what presents have you received from your pets?

I suspect that’s not the issue. I’m afraid I agree with her in her opinion (assuming that it’s the same as I’ve read before).

Grayfire_artz
                        Participant

i haven’t had snakes, though i have had a few lizards sadly.
                          the rabbit was definitely a first but the most caught is mice… not to sound cruel i don’t mind the mice. there was one year we has a mouse problem and it wasn’t pleasant. we had no cats that year to.

I remember the day my family ate outside (barbecue) and the youngest cat was playing with a dead mouse under the table. She kept throwing it around. Suddenly it flew slightly up in the air and nearly landed on my father`s lap. My father picked up a leaf and used it to remove the mouse from the ground to avoid it from getting in touch with his hands. Then he threw it over the wall surrounding the upper part of the garden… The result was a confused furry hunter searching for her “toy” 😆

Most cat owners will experience their cat bringing their catch into the house from time to time… Luckily I never found any dead animals in my bed during all the years I lived in my childhood home… I can imagine it must have been a hell of a shock… 😛

WolfenMachine
                          Participant

LOL!!! HAHAH!
                            Sorry. That paints a really funny picture though. I had a Siameese once who would leave birds….or feathery remnents on our door step.
                            Like Brian from Family Guy says “It was a GIFT for the FAMILY!” hehe
                            Sorry for the mess afterwards. Yuck! If that happened to me, Id probably burn the sheets-or wash them and THEN have them dry-cleaned.

Bodine
                            Participant

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

twindragonsmum
                              Participant

*SNERK!* That’s too cute!

twindragonsmum 😀

tdm

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.