fbpx

"Volcano" Keeper – Progress photo #1 – Pg. 46

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone "Volcano" Keeper – Progress photo #1 – Pg. 46

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 711 total)
  • Author
    machineguts
    Participant

Thank you so much everyone, I appreciate it. πŸ™‚ No problem Bodine, sending you some tips now!

machineguts
      Participant

Here is my latest PYO Dragon! I painted him to look like an oxidized metal sculpture. Oxidization is achieved when heating steel or other metal at various high temperatures. He has been airbrushed with pearlescent purple, blue, copper, orange and red. These colors shimmer and shift as you move him under light, much like oil on a water puddle. He was finished with multiple coats of “magic invisible paint”, a special paint that looks like little sparks of rainbow color in bright light. He has been sealed with a high gloss varnish. The “magic invisible paint” shows up really well on this particular paint job, he twinkles and sparkles brilliantly under bright & directional light. He has orange glass eyes, a topaz jewel in his forehead, and his felt pad is signed and numbered by me.

Here is the link to his eBay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180580478352#ht_500wt_1077

machineguts
        Participant

AUGH Why do people paint stuff that appeals to my nerdiness right when I have no money? Oh well, it’s beautiful and I’ll just look at the pictures to keep me happy…. πŸ˜€

machineguts
          Participant

Thanks Dragon, I’m glad you liked him! πŸ™‚

In celebration of the holiday season I have painted a Christmas inspired Dragon! He has been airbrushed in pearlescent red and green, with hand painted bright metallic colors down his spines representing a strand of Christmas lights. His accents are trimmed in silver and gold. He was finished with multiple coats of “magic invisible paint”, a special paint that looks like little sparks of rainbow color in bright light. He has been sealed with a high gloss varnish. He has red glass eyes, a blue zircon jewel in his forehead, and his felt pad is signed and numbered by me.

He is now on eBay! Here is the link to his auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180582834155#ht_500wt_1077

The colors of this guy bring back a lot of nostalgic/holiday childhood memories for me. He has quickly become one of my favorites! πŸ™‚

Apari
            Participant

Thats so much fun! Love the green. πŸ™‚

Kujacker
              Participant

Ah! I love him! You’ve captured the holiday essence for sure!

machineguts
                Participant

Thanks guys, I appreciate it very much! πŸ™‚

PurpleTurtle
                  Participant

I love his dorsal scales πŸ˜€ .

I LOVE it! My favorite colors and my favorite Holiday πŸ˜€ :snappy:

machineguts
                    Participant

Thanks so much guys! πŸ™‚ He has sold, and I was commissioned to paint another one with dark and light green colors instead of the red. I’ve got more “Christmas Lights” and other holiday inspired PYO Dragons on the table, including “Peppermint” and “Gingerbread” Dragons! Stay tuned! πŸ™‚

PurpleTurtle
                      Participant

I can’t wait to see the peppermint dragon. You should paint a wintergreen dragon to – (I like that flavor better πŸ˜† )

machineguts
                        Participant

purpleturtle wrote:

I can’t wait to see the peppermint dragon. You should paint a wintergreen dragon to – (I like that flavor better πŸ˜† )

No problem PT, I’ll paint a Wintergreen too! πŸ˜€

Skeeterdeee
                          Participant

MMMMMMMMMM GINGERBREAD!! :yum:

machineguts
                            Participant

skeeterdeee wrote:

MMMMMMMMMM GINGERBREAD!! :yum:

Oh yeah! :yum:

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 711 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.