fbpx

"Volcano" Keeper – Progress photo #1 – Pg. 46

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone "Volcano" Keeper – Progress photo #1 – Pg. 46

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 711 total)
  • Author
    machineguts
    Participant

bodine6127 wrote:

He’s very pretty and I see you have a bid,congrats,hope he sells for a bunch of dollars!! 🙂

Thanks so much, Mi! 🙂

machineguts
      Participant

The eBay auction for “Autumn Harvest” ends in 5 hours! Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180566448028&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

machineguts
        Participant

Here is my latest PYO! After painting “Raku Fire” Keeper #1 (owned by Leigha), I wanted to paint a PYO Dragon in this theme as well.

Raku is an ancient Japanese method of firing pottery. The pottery is taken out of the kiln at around 1800 degrees and put into a reduction container with newspaper. It is allowed to smoke for about 15 minutes, and then cooled quickly.

I wanted to paint a PYO Dragon inspired by the gorgeous colors that can be achieved in Japanese Raku pottery. “Raku Fire” has been airbrushed with an interweaving of pearlescent red, blue, purple, copper, and orange. He was then carefully antiqued and embellished with silver accents. He has a very rich, complex coat of colors that shimmer and shift as you move him under light. He was finished with multiple coats of “magic invisible paint”, a special paint that looks like little sparks of rainbow color in bright light. He has been varnished with a high gloss finish. He has blue glass eyes, an aquamarine jewel in his forehead, and his felt pad is signed and numbered by me.

Here is the link to his eBay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180571563330&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Grayfire_artz
          Participant

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

machineguts
            Participant

Thanks so much Grayfire! 🙂

Bodine
              Participant

He’s a beauty!! 🙂

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

machineguts
                Participant

Thanks Mi, I’m glad you like him! 🙂

machineguts
                  Participant
                    LadyFirebird
                    Participant

I love how you blend your colors on these pieces–just awesome. God help me when I start having money again–would be buying a lot of your pieces. 🙂

machineguts
                      Participant

Here is my latest PYO! This Keeper is inspired by the colors of shinny gold and jewels. “Treasure Keeper” has been airbrushed with an interweaving of pearlescent gold, yellow and brown. He was antiqued and embellished with rose, orange & green interference paints along with gold accents on his horns and scales. He was finished with multiple coats of “magic invisible paint” and varnished with a high gloss finish. He has red glass eyes, a topaz jewel in his tail, and his felt pad is signed and numbered by me.

Here is the link to his eBay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180578315475&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1077

KoishiiKitty
                        Participant

That dragon does not need a treasure hoard, it IS a treasure hoard!!!!

machineguts
                          Participant

LOL! 😈

KoishiiKitty wrote:

That dragon does not need a treasure hoard, it IS a treasure hoard!!!!

Hannah
                            Participant

So beautiful! I love how his red eyes positively glow onto the skin surrounding them.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                              Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Kathleen
                              Participant

😮 OMG he is BEAUTIFUL 😮

Bodine
                                Participant

MG,This is a beautiful golden dragon,very,very nice 😉 need tips on antiqueing if you have time please,email me. 🙂

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 711 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.