fbpx

"Volcano" Keeper – Progress photo #1 – Pg. 46

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone "Volcano" Keeper – Progress photo #1 – Pg. 46

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 711 total)
  • Author
    machineguts
    Participant

Thanks so much everone! 🙂 I can’t wait for you to see her in person Fern!

machineguts
      Participant

“Raku Fire” is complete! Raku is an ancient Japanese method of firing pottery. The pottery is taken out of the kiln at around 1800 degrees and put into a reduction container with newspaper. It is allowed to smoke for about 15 minutes, and then cooled quickly.

I wanted to paint a Keeper inspired by the gorgeous colors that can be achieved in Japanese Raku pottery. “Raku Fire” has been airbrushed with an interweaving of pearlescent red, blue, purple, copper, orange and green. He has been embellished with hand painted interference accents and features custom metallic eyes from Dreaming Tree Studios. He has a topaz tail jewel and holds a genuine Raku fired pottery bird in his paw, hung with raffia thread. He has been sealed with a high gloss varnish and his felt pad is signed by me.

“Raku Fire” is $250.00 plus shipping, first come first serve. PM me or reply here if interested!

bayoudragon
        Participant

omg… those eyes are so wicked! I really hadn’t been impressed enough with the custom eyes to get any… but I REALLY like these. SWEET!

They remind me of my tree boa’s eyes.

Bodine
          Participant

Very good!!!! I really love the eyes too. :)IMPRESSIVE!!

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

KoishiiKitty
            Participant

That looks so awesome with those eyes! Definately loving the colors, this came out pretty dang awesome!*sucker for colors*

LadyFirebird
              Participant

Love the colors and the eyes–also what the keeper is holding! Awesome job! 😀

PurpleTurtle
                Participant

Too freaking cool! Love it. MG 😀 .

Kathleen
                  Participant

😮 GORGEOUS! very talented painter 🙂

machineguts
                    Participant

Hey everyone, due to an emergency expense I have reduced the price of the “Raku Fire” Keeper from $250.00 to $150.00. This is an excellent deal considering the Raku bird pendant alone was $20 w/ shipping. I accept PayPal for payment and will ship via the carrier of your choice. Shipping will be calculated upon purchase. I have not glued in the custom eyes yet, so buyer will have a choice between the custom eyes or light blue eyes. PM me or reply here if interested!

machineguts
                      Participant

He is sold!

Leigha
                        Participant

^^!!

Leigha
                          Participant

Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me! ^^ *squeel of delight!* ^^!!

bayoudragon
                            Participant

Congrats, Leigha!! 😀

Anonymous

Congrats Leigha – I didn’t get a chance to remark how pretty the Raku Fire Dragon was! I love raku; and make a lot of jewellery with raku beads, one of my favorite beads to work with!! LOVE it! Beautiful dragon 🙂

machineguts
                                Participant

I’m so glad you guys liked “Raku Fire”, and I’m thrilled that she got him for her Birthday! Thanks again Leigha, that means a lot to me! 🙂 *Hugs tight*

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 711 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.