fbpx

"Volcano" Keeper – Progress photo #1 – Pg. 46

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone "Volcano" Keeper – Progress photo #1 – Pg. 46

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 711 total)
  • Author
    Adaneth
    Participant

Love those lightning bolts! 🙂

Anonymous

Very cool concept, and I love the violet, and purples! 🙂

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

Wow, I love that purple shading! Vrey nice!

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

LadyFirebird
          Participant

Like–this is nice! Just love your work! 😀

Syn
            Participant

Very pretty colors, and your “thinking outside the box” design is great. 😀 I always like to see something new and different, and you did a great job. 😀

machineguts
              Participant

Thanks so much everyone, I’m so glad you like him! 🙂 He’s just about finished, I’ve done a lot more since the first WIP pics. Added more colors to him other than purple to compliment the theme, and I can’t wait for you to see what he is holding! Final pics soon! 😀

Anonymous

machineguts wrote:

Hey everyone! Here are the WIP pics for my latest Keeper named “Storm Keeper”. I used dark violet for her shading and pearlized purple for the highlights. Light fuchsia and white are being used for her lightning bolts. She has lavender eyes an amethyst tail jewel. Her horns and other accents will be painted silver. More pics coming soon! 🙂

Wow machinegutz, really awesome concept for a dragon, I like the look of the lightening bolts! Purple isn’t so much my colour, but your Storm Keeper is certainly going to be beautiful. I could see a pitch-black dragon having those bolts, flashing the whole bottom of the dragon into bright colours exposing that which the stormy dark of night does not let us see —- until BOOM! lol So cool – wish I could paint. (if all my wishes could come true, I might become a fairy!)……

WELL DONE, can’t wait to see the finished product!!

dragonmedley
                  Participant

It’s funny, because for the 2nd PYO swap we did, I painted a “Purple thunderstorm” kirin, with lightening bolts on the sides. It’s really neat to see thow he same concept can be rendered so differently!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

machineguts
                    Participant

She’s not quite finished yet, but I wanted to share more WIP pics! As mentioned earlier I have added a great deal of color to “Storm Keeper” to complete the atmosphere of her theme. The goal was to replicate the colors found in a lightning-filled sky at night. I have faded the lightning bolts in random places just as cloud-to-cloud lightning travels in & out of clouds.

Another interesting thing about her paint job is that her color shifts and changes color as you move her around in light, much like the look of oil on a water puddle. She is adorned with gold accents throughout and will include an amethyst tail jewel. Her final pics will have a few more surprises, including what she holds for you! 🙂

Anna
                      Participant

Loving it! 😀 Are you going to be putting her up for sale, or keeping her for yourself?

Bodine
                        Participant

Very cool!!MG,your’re doing a great job.Keeping it or selling? 😉

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

lamortefille
                          Participant

Wow, that’s pretty!

PurpleTurtle
                            Participant

Too cool, MG 😉 !

machineguts
                              Participant

Thanks so much, everyone! 🙂 Yes she will be going up for sale. Once the finishing touches are complete she’ll be ready to go. Final pics soon!

Maria
                                Participant

Wow, fancy! Not the colors I was expecting when I read the name, but definitely fitting.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 711 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.