fbpx

Unicorn Gargoyle – REPAIRED pg. 8

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Unicorn Gargoyle – REPAIRED pg. 8

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

He was actually fairly well packed. Almost no wiggle room in the box. Just didn’t have enough bubble wrap around him. Only 4 feet total. Enough to go around him once each direction.

Here he is next to the packaging he came in: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/pegasi1978/windstone/blackgriffinwithbox.jpg

An here’s how much packing peanuts there were:
      http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/pegasi1978/windstone/blackgriffinbox.jpg

I talked to the folks at the post office they say I have to get proof of amount of insurance from the seller and if I want to get him repaired an estimate on the repairs. Things would work a little differently then. I tried going to the seller for a partial refund first. Purpledoggy, I know you say you are looking for one to repair, but I would have to ask for almost the same amount that I paid for him to begin with or my husband would kill me.

Maria
      Participant

I hope the seller at least gives you the documents you need, Peg. The packing wasn’t that bad – but like you said, more foam would have saved it.

WolfenMachine
        Participant

tsija wrote:

From my understanding, the post office will only pay the insurance claim if it was properly packaged and the fault of the post.

I second that. Although, if you threw in some packing peanuts and extra bubble wrap, it might be convincing to the non-collector that “hey, that should have arrived. Darn, we screwed up, here’s your money back” But you’d have to really tottally fight for it. It took 3 months on my $300 claim and I ended up giving up just cuz he wasn’t smashed. It might be next summer before you see the money back from the government/post office, unless the seller refunds your money himself and keeps the insurance money for himself. That would be wayyyyyyy faster.
          I’m sorry about your Uni though GB 😥 She’s such a pretty sculpt she didn’t deserve her fate

Maria
          Participant

Well, I know that if I really want a mint one I’ll be able to find one. They pop up every so often.
            I wrote to seller again today, asking whether he’s filed and requesting – or requiring; whatever you prefer – that I received copies of all e-correspondence that passes between him and the insurer. I left the option open to file a claim with my credit card company. I still have time to do that.

Maria
            Participant

So, I’m digging this up again. I asked the seller how likely it was I’d have to send the unicorn back, and here’s his answer.

Quote:

I filed the insurance with Endicia who was the insurer on this package. As this is the first international claim with them, I do not know the process of inspection, if any. I provided the photograph to them but your email stated the damage in an emotional way that I could not use as supporting documentation. There may be a requirement for a letter stating that it was damaged.

It made me laugh, because my report of the damage was hardly emotional. What he means is that I informed him he didn’t pack according to my specification, and therefore the thing broke. But of course he doesn’t want the insurance company to know that.
              Anyway, I bought repair material yesterday.

Tiffany
              Participant

so sorry about him breaking gb! its one of my favorite pieces! i actually do have one, near mint (minor felt shelf wear and tag shelf wear, thats it) in box that i will be selling at some point. so depending on what happens with your situation, i have one, so you don’t have to go far, plus its in box so it has its best chance of getting there safely. 🙂

Maria
                Participant

I’ve no doubt you know how to pack, TF. 😉 As is, I figure the uni will sit, all in pieces, for about three months. By time I get back from the States the thing should be settled, I should have my money back and I’ll just repair this one. I put it together preliminarily and the only resculpting I’ll have to do is on one knee. But there are tons of cracks and chips to fill in…

Starbreeze
                  Participant

Thanks for the update, GB.

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I hope the seller at least gives you the documents you need, Peg. The packing wasn’t that bad – but like you said, more foam would have saved it.

I emailed the seller on May 26. No response. I contacted them through eBay June 2. No response. I sent another message through eBay tonight and also requested their contact information. Hopefully those will finally get a response out of them. As it is the person is getting more than likely going to get neutral feedback from me.

Kujacker
                      Participant

Kyrin wrote:

Kujacker wrote:

I did think about offering in the flea market, but just didn’t go through with it I guess.

I want a crack at fixing him, if no one has beaten me to it, Kujacker.

Kyrin

I’m so sorry! I missed this post!

Here are some photos. It’s a shame too, I really wanted him, and still want one. I can never find them (the large ones, at least. And if I do they are out of my price range) and I finally win one and this happens. I glued his one big wing chunk back on, but that was it- Fixing statues isn’t for me 😥

Pegasi1978
                        Participant

*Covers eyes* Oh Kujacker that hurts to look at. Was that a Large Happy Cat gargoyle (sorry if I missed that bit of information)? I ask because one of the stores near me had one for sale a month ago. I would be willing to give them a call and see if they still had it if you were interested.

Kujacker
                          Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

*Covers eyes* Oh Kujacker that hurts to look at. Was that a Large Happy Cat gargoyle (sorry if I missed that bit of information)? I ask because one of the stores near me had one for sale a month ago. I would be willing to give them a call and see if they still had it if you were interested.

Yeah, he’s a large one. If you want to give them a call, I would appreciate it… but I know that it will more-than-likely be out of my price range 🙁

Pegasi1978
                            Participant

Kujacker wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

Yeah, he’s a large one. If you want to give them a call, I would appreciate it… but I know that it will more-than-likely be out of my price range 🙁

I’ll gladly give them a call in the morning for you. If I remember right when I was there the price on the piece was $90. The owner does offer layaway and shipping. To do shipping though she takes the piece to UPS and they bill you directly. If you don’t want to deal with that I’ll gladly act as a middleman (woman actually 😆 ) and I could get the piece (if it’s still there and make payments to me instead.)

so sorry for your loss. Same thing happened to me, however since I refused insurance (I think I had a senior moment) I ate the cost. AM much more careful now.

SHL

Maria
                              Participant

I used to skip the insurance too, but – luckily – it was included on the unicorn. On my last E-Bay buy, a Guardian Dragon, I decided to add the extra $2. I think I learned my lesson. 🙄

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 125 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.