fbpx

Unicorn Gargoyle – REPAIRED pg. 8

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Unicorn Gargoyle – REPAIRED pg. 8

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    Starbreeze
    Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I put the shards of mine together today, as many as I could. It ends up not looking too bad, except for a completely shattered hip on one side. I’m sure I could do something with it if I get to keep it. I wonder what the seller would say if I said I’d try to repair it and asked for a partial refund. What do you all think?

GB, that’s a choice only you can make. If you’d rather fix this poor unicorn and accept a partial refund, then I would go for it. 🙂

Maria
      Participant

The unicorn holds up fine without the glue, so I don’t think it would be a problem to fix it in the sense of balance or weight. The seller needs to wait 7 days before filing, so I’m thinking I’ll let him do the filing, wait to see what he says about the initial phase, and take it from there.

Starbreeze
        Participant

Sounds like a fair plan.

Lokie
          Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

Oh man, I’m so sorry to see that happen to your black gryphon, Pegasi! 😥 And you were so excited to have won him 🙁 That last picture looks similar to what happened to a gryphon I bought months ago who also broke in shipping.

I hope you can make some arrangement with the seller- I know how hard it is to let a piece go after you’ve seen him; I ended up keeping mine.

Heather
            Participant

These poor critters! 😥 I guess all I can say is hang in there, GB and pegasi, and best of luck with these guys. What an awful experience, having what was supposed to be a happy new addition arrive all bashed up. 🙁 (I’m going to fret even more now when something’s in the mail–unless it’s direct from the factory! Feeeeeed the paranoia . . . ) I hope the repairs and restitution proceed well for both of you.

Kujacker wrote:

I did think about offering in the flea market, but just didn’t go through with it I guess.

I want a crack at fixing him, if no one has beaten me to it, Kujacker.

Kyrin

Maria
              Participant

Barrdwing wrote:

These poor critters! 😥 I guess all I can say is hang in there, GB and pegasi, and best of luck with these guys. What an awful experience, having what was supposed to be a happy new addition arrive all bashed up. 🙁 (I’m going to fret even more now when something’s in the mail–unless it’s direct from the factory! Feeeeeed the paranoia . . . ) I hope the repairs and restitution proceed well for both of you.

I have to say I’m not frightfully upset about the whole thing, just a bit impatient. The most annoying part of it is the shipping – I paid $45 to have it shipped to me, since I figured the less I have to pick up from Wolfens in two months the better. Maybe it would have survived if I’d had it shipped to her. 😕
                And the other thing is that now the bashed unicorn will sit in its box on my floor for several weeks until I know whether I can get at fixing it or not. Mom says even fixed it’ll be worthless, but there’s so much of it left throwing it away just isn’t an option for me. I’m sure I can make it presentable, and I can check the uni gargoyle off my list of to-buy – at least until I have extra money to spend on being finicky about mintness. (Right now I’m going for quantity, and damage that’s not obvious doesn’t bother me.)

Pegasi1978
                Participant

Well I just got an email from my seller. They said:

I am very sorry about the shipping problem. That is why we required insurance. Unfortunately, we can not take responsibility for the US Post Service. IF you chose to file an insurance claim to recover compensation for the damaged piece, we will assist you in any way you need. But we can not refund you any amount for a problem we did not cause. Thanks and keep us posted…

😥 I don’t want to have file a claim, but my husband said we can’t keep getting pieces that are supposed to be in good condition broken without getting some money back. Now I’m wishing I had taken my mailman up on his take the package to the post office so I could open it there with a postal worker watching.

I’m sorry for all the broken pieces here. 🙁
                  GB, I have alot that aren’t mint either. I don’t mind a bit of damage, and I can fix them (Now that I have time to that is) pretty easily, why do you think I have so many? 😆
                  But it is disheartening to buy something and then get it broken. 😥
                  I must go back and read what it was that Kujacker posted too. I must have missed his broken piece. 😕

Maria
                  Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

Well I just got an email from my seller. They said:

I am very sorry about the shipping problem. That is why we required insurance. Unfortunately, we can not take responsibility for the US Post Service. IF you chose to file an insurance claim to recover compensation for the damaged piece, we will assist you in any way you need. But we can not refund you any amount for a problem we did not cause. Thanks and keep us posted…

😥 I don’t want to have file a claim, but my husband said we can’t keep getting pieces that are supposed to be in good condition broken without getting some money back. Now I’m wishing I had taken my mailman up on his take the package to the post office so I could open it there with a postal worker watching.

😥 I’m so sorry, Pegasi. I suppose the question now is whether the griffin is worth more or the chance of getting your money back.
                    I suppose your hubby would be happier if you only bought from good dealers like emerald and wolflodge, or from Windstone direct. But of course they don’t have any retired pieces… 🙁

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

I was hoping the seller would give me some money back (at least half of the final cost). Then I would have used that money to send him to Whipput for repairs. Since that doesn’t seem to be happening I’ll have to go to the Post Office when it opens this morning and file the claim. I’ll keep folks updated for sure. *Crosses fingers* Maybe they will give me my money back AND let me keep him. Then I can still get him repaired. I don’t want to see him tossed in a trash can! 😥

Skigod377
                      Participant

I always do the claim. It is crap to have a peice delivered broken and its often the fault of the seller. I really suggest both of you do the claims. You paid for mint and should have gotten mint.

Starbreeze
                        Participant

I’m with Ski. You spent the money expecting a lot more than you got. 👿

Laurie
                          Participant

How well packed was that griffin when it arived smashed to you? I still think I would go after the seller for that depending on how it was packaged. If you decided you don’t want that griffin I’m looking for a smashed one to buy.

Maria
                            Participant

skigod377 wrote:

I always do the claim. It is crap to have a peice delivered broken and its often the fault of the seller. I really suggest both of you do the claims. You paid for mint and should have gotten mint.

Well, my claim is being filed for me. I’m letting him do it his way until that, and then I’ll ask more questions.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 125 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.