fbpx

Unicorn Gargoyle – REPAIRED pg. 8

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Unicorn Gargoyle – REPAIRED pg. 8

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 125 total)
  • Author

Actually, Paypal will just take back the money that you gave the seller and return it to you. Of course, that’s assuming that the seller still has the money in his Paypal account. If not, then Paypal has to take the loss for the time being and try to collect from the seller later.

If it does come down to filing a dispute, you may want to consider whether you want to do it through Paypal or through your credit card company. I seem to recall that Paypal charges a $25 fee and doesn’t give you back the original shipping charges. On the other hand, filing a dispute with the credit card company is free and their policy is to refund the original shipping charges for cases like this.

But hopefully the seller will just be cooperative and give you a full refund (including the shipping charges).

😯 Oh no thats awfull! Basilisk i agree you should ask for a refund no way are the postage people going to pay out with that stupid packing!!!
    I got alecture from my post office about sending things abroad insured, they told me to double box it and have bubble wrap and foam pieces otherwise they would do nothing about it! 🙁

Skigod377
    Participant

I didnt read all this, but the PO wont reimburse for poor packing unless the person at the PO does not happen to know what he is doing. When you get reimbursed (Weeks and weeks later) you do get shipping back, too. The insurance process involves the mailing of documents back and forth between buyer and seller and trips to the PO with the package and contents. It is designed so that people get sooo annoyed they give up on the refund and the PO keeps their money. Get a refund from the seller due to poor packaging. Just tell them the PO would not reimburse because the packing was the reason for the damage. Sorry about your uni, girl. 🙁

Maria
      Participant

Well, I wrote to the seller again just now. I’m not sure how nice or not nice to be… Does this cover everything?

Quote:

Hello Bob

I have done some research and asked around about the whole process of insurance and I’ve come to the conclusion that a refund from you would be in order. The post office will only pay out insurance if they were at fault, but in this case the breakage is clearly due to inappropriate packing and not any carelessness of the postal system. Plus, the 45 days PayPal allows for claims to be filed will pass long before anything happens with insurance.
        If you think you can get money from the post office and you need the unicorn for insurance reasons, I’ll be happy to help you try. But the way I see it, a refund from the Post isn’t likely and I’d appreciate getting refund from you. I’m sorry, but I did specifically ask for double boxing and lots of foam and peanuts.

Maria

dragonmedley
        Participant

I think it’s perfect. Still nice, but firm. Hopefully, he’ll go for it.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

When I filled a Paypal claim they told me I had to send the sculpts back to the seller.

Starbreeze
          Participant

Perfect letter GB. Good luck!

Skigod377
            Participant

That sounds great!

I have never had to send contents back, but you may have to. No big loss there. 😕

Maria
              Participant

ruffian wrote:

When I filled a Paypal claim they told me I had to send the sculpts back to the seller.

I hope he refunds without my having to go through PayPal. I’m glad my letter is appropriate. I wasn’t sure.
                I’ll keep you all posted. Thanks for the help.

Maria
                Participant

He replied.

Quote:

We will file a claim on your behalf to the insurer. I cannot refund your payment until the insurance provider makes payment as generally the payment is made to the recipient.

Thanks Again.

Bob S.

Now what?

Starbreeze
                  Participant

I’m thinking you should try your credit card next. Mimi can advise you, I’m sure.

Maria
                    Participant

Sigh. I’ll PM her, I guess – and I’ll look into repair materials.

Starbreeze
                      Participant

Don’t start repairs yet….you may have to send the pieces back.

Maria
                        Participant

I know. But the more I think about this and look at the thing the more I hope I get to keep the thing and try to fix it.

Starbreeze
                          Participant

I would feel the same way. Looking at the pieces makes me want to help the poor thing!!! Just wait a bit. Close the box up and just don’t look right now.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 125 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.