fbpx

Unicorn and dragon horns

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Unicorn and dragon horns

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Carolyn
    Participant

They look good one them , but not a unicorn .

Pam

I think it would be cool if they had more natural-looking horns, like on Melody’s unicorn portrait print. Painted in a light brown and grey, instead of gold-plated.

Purplecat
        Participant

I’d love to see the branched horn available someday for the pyos.

http://reptanglian.deviantart.com/art/Turquoise-and-copper-Kirin-267817437

I think that concept might also look nice in a unicorn sculpt…but it’d be hard to say without actually trying it. (if you’re lookin at resculpting horns and making new molds anyway…….)

I hope the other horn issues get resolved, considering the variety of sculptures produced that use those plated horns!

Kujacker
          Participant

lol who knew everyone hated curved horns? I hate straight horns. Didn’t wanna say it but, had to now 🙂
            Oh, and I mean curved as curved, not spiral. But the unicorn print horn is better than a straight horn.
            Like these two pictures: 1, 2.
            It’s just how I always drew unicorns. I can’t recall drawing a straight horned unicorn.

Happy to say that my mom collected unicorns no matter the horn, so I do have some nice curved horn unicorn artwork/statues. Just would be nice to see one from Windstone.

Adaneth
            Participant

I’d also love to see more variety in unicorn/kirin horns…but I’m guessing I would NOT want to see the size of poor Melody’s ‘to do’ list! :p

Skeeterdeee
              Participant

If the horns need to be resculpted, it would be neat if the old horns were classified as retired and a completely new design made to replace them (I personally like the branch-like design!).

I’ve never been a big fan of curved horns on the horse type unicorn, but on kirins, it’s a must.

I wish the PYO kirin had the raised scales like the one Melody did with the oriental horn. Oh the fun I would have with those.

Kyrin

scenceable
                Participant

I wouldn’t care what the horns looked like as long as they were being made again!

What I’ve always wondered, and there’s probably a good explanation for this, is why are there different horns for each sculpt? Like why can’t the male, mother, and grand unicorns all use the same size/ shape of horn? Then you’d only need one good mould.

If you want a curved horn you could always bent the pewter ones, they’re pretty malleable, LOL. I received one with a curved horn one time XD

fatalbeauty
                  Participant

I know I’ve said it before but I hate curved horns or anything different from what we already have for unicorns, it just seems wrong to me and if it were changed I would not want any of the new ones and this would sadden me muchly….

4 things I'm looking for:
                    1. Mother Meerkat
                    2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                    3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                    4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Carolyn
                    Participant

I would not buy any unicorn with a curved horn . I’ve never liked them and if it happens with PYO unicorns . I would never buy another one .
                      Yeah this is a touchy subject .

Trava
                      Participant

Maybe a horn choice could be offered? Like the eye choice? Particularly with the PYOs…

I’ve always hoped that the branched kirin horn would make its way into my display case someday.

Carolyn
                        Participant

Maybe she’ll make a new one with a curved horn . One like your pic . But Melody has so much to do . Keep your hopes up . She might do it .

It would look good on the unicorn gargoyle .

bayoudragon
                          Participant

*ponders* A pebble unicorn with wonderful graceful contours and curves to match a curving horn.

I bet that could look quite lovely. 🙂

Kujacker
                            Participant

It “saddens me” that some people are so dead set on their opinions that they hate anything otherwise.
                              If that was the case, I’d be raging on so many squeak threads. But I don’t because I may not like it, but obviously whoever “squeaked” for it does.

No one ever said you had to buy any sculpt you didn’t want. Hell, there are plenty of sculpts I will never buy, even on the cheap.

And no, in all honesty it’s not a “touchy subject”. It’s like any other request Melody has ever received. It’s someone voicing their like/opinion and asking if maybe, just maybe in the future they could see it.

Oh, and I’ve never had a “squeak” of mine materialize. Not once. So you curved horn haters are no doubt in luck.

And FatalBeauty and Sasha, if you read my original comment, I said I’d like a stand alone unicorn with a curved horn. I never said change the existing unicorn sculptures horns. In fact I said I know Melody would never change the existing horns because they wouldn’t fit with the old horns.

briteblades
                              Participant

That would be nice! I like “organic” forms of unicorns as well so I wouldn’t be opposed at all to seeing a new sculpt with a curved or even a branched horn.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.