fbpx

Unicorn and dragon horns

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Unicorn and dragon horns

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    wolflodge100
    Participant

Hi Melody. I was wondering if you have found a source for these yet? There is a company not far from me that makes all kinds of trophies and award items. I believe they work in pewter and other alloys and do plating. I can find out if they could/would make the horns and other things you need if you like? Let me know!

Amy
      Participant

It would be incredible if this could work out somehow. Horns have been an issue for what seems like forever. O_O

Tara
        Participant

I think I read somewhere that the problem is not just finding a supplier. The problem is also the molds. Something about they can’t find the masters to make new molds for the horns and if they make molds from the regular horn the molds will be too small and horns cast from them won’t fit.

Melody
          Keymaster

I don’t know what is going on with the horns. John had found a place that could do it, but there was an issue with the type of mold we use, and not being able to find the masters to make new molds.
            I am almost ready to re-sculpt them all and start from scratch.

WolfenMachine
            Participant

I don’t know what is going on with the horns. John had found a place that could do it, but there was an issue with the type of mold we use, and not being able to find the masters to make new molds.

the horns or the unicorns? O.O

Carolyn
              Participant

Yippy maybe early next year we’ll have pyo unicorns back . Better then stripping them .

Pam

Can’t we use some of the unplated ones as “masters”?

Pam

PurpleTurtle
                    Participant

I was wondering about that to…not that I know much about the process.

Melody
                      Keymaster

the horns or the unicorns? O.O

Horns

Carolyn
                        Participant

Horns for dragons and unicorns . Yippy .

Kujacker
                          Participant

I know you wouldn’t because they wouldn’t go with the old sculpts, but I’d love to see curved horns on unicorns. Ever since I was little, I always drew unicorns with curved horns (and still do).
                            Or maybe a new unicorn sculpt (just a stand alone) all together with his horn curved 🙂 (as if you don’t already have too much on your plate!)

Carolyn
                            Participant

That is something I never liked curved horns on unicorns . When I’ve seen them in books like that I hated them . But everyone is different .
                              And thats what makes us who we are .

fatalbeauty
                              Participant

hate hate hate hate curved horns on unicorns…noooooooo…..

4 things I'm looking for:
                                1. Mother Meerkat
                                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                                3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

scenceable
                                Participant

Did someone say crazy curved horns?

I think the unicorns are fine with their normal horns but I like curvy ones too! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.