this year's art (new art pg 4)

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion this year's art (new art pg 4)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
  • Author

Adaneth wrote:

Nice work on that box! And the book is beautiful too. πŸ™‚

Thanks so much! πŸ˜€

Maria
    Participant

Don’t rush with the shroom book, because I’ll probably love it but I shouldn’t get another sketchook until I’ve filled up my first one from you. πŸ˜›

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Don’t rush with the shroom book, because I’ll probably love it but I shouldn’t get another sketchook until I’ve filled up my first one from you. πŸ˜›

LOL you can’t stop me! πŸ˜›
      How much of the book have you filled so far? πŸ™‚

Maria
      Participant

Er… Less than a third? I’m working on it, though, promise! I just don’t want to take it places with me as I’m afraid of chipping the cover dΓ©cor. I’m using it as a pencil sketchbook for drawing real animals. No backgrounds, no fantasy, basically nature studies.

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Er… Less than a third? I’m working on it, though, promise! I just don’t want to take it places with me as I’m afraid of chipping the cover dΓ©cor. I’m using it as a pencil sketchbook for drawing real animals. No backgrounds, no fantasy, basically nature studies.

One day I’ll have to make a book for myself and lug it around in my bag, to see just how much they can take. I think you’re probably right to err on the side of caution, but I also know that SS is pretty dang strong, like the time I accidentally dropkicked a little sculpture across the room and it didn’t have a single chip on it LOL

Lokie
        Participant

Pretty neat πŸ™‚ How did you make the necklaces? Years ago, I used a shrink paper (Shrinky Dinks) to make things sort of like that. Definitely fun πŸ˜€

Lokie wrote:

Pretty neat πŸ™‚ How did you make the necklaces? Years ago, I used a shrink paper (Shrinky Dinks) to make things sort of like that. Definitely fun πŸ˜€

Yep I used shrinky dink paper, I love it! I have this fascination with tiny things, including making tiny art πŸ˜€
          But watching them shrink gives me a heart attack because it always looks like it’s gonna fark up in the oven before it settles LOL

Lokie
          Participant

sunhawk wrote:

Lokie wrote:

Yep I used shrinky dink paper, I love it! I have this fascination with tiny things, including making tiny art πŸ˜€
            But watching them shrink gives me a heart attack because it always looks like it’s gonna fark up in the oven before it settles LOL
            Yeah, the curling always gave me a heart attack. Plus, I must have always had ovens with a mind of their own, because I always got a lot of distortion; which it doesn’t look like you have much of πŸ˜€

Maria
            Participant

XD “Dropkicked a little sculpture” – poor thing!

Lokie wrote:

sunhawk wrote:

Lokie wrote:

Yeah, the curling always gave me a heart attack. Plus, I must have always had ovens with a mind of their own, because I always got a lot of distortion; which it doesn’t look like you have much of πŸ˜€

I found that waiting about 30 seconds after it settles sometimes helps with that, for whatever reasons some parts of the plastic don’t like to shrink! I sometimes get “knots” like that, annoying heh heh.

Greater Basilisk wrote:

XD “Dropkicked a little sculpture” – poor thing!

Hey I was trying to CATCH it as I dropped it, I’m not sure how my leg got in on that action LOL

I wanna show off the lovely art book that GB commissioned me to do, her idea was fantastic! πŸ˜€
              Built this puppy from scratch and it’s adjustable to however many pages you want to put in it ^_^

And I have a commissioned dragonscale book from last year that was another casualty of not getting posted until now LOL

Then we have the dragonscale book I finished yesterday, in my ongoing efforts to have more unclaimed art for sale ^_^

Adaneth
              Participant

Those scale books are neat! πŸ˜€

Adaneth wrote:

Those scale books are neat! πŸ˜€

Thanks! πŸ˜€ People like to pet them IRL heh heh

here’s a sneak peek at my newest project, something of a challenge to myself, try something new! πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.