fbpx

There was a glitch in the Matrix

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion There was a glitch in the Matrix

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Dragoneer_88
    Participant

The problem with the multiple notification emails was happening before last night. I was getting multiple classified expiration warning emails last month as well. Not nearly as many as last night though.

Secondly, personal thank you to Susie for responding to my emails so quickly and keeping us informed of the situation on Facebook past working hours. Also, thanks to the Windstone crew/tech people for getting the website back up the same night and working overtime, cutting into your family and personal time. Great work guys/gals!

StormDancer
      Participant

Yes I to have been getting several notifications for the classified expiration warning. I have gotten up to 30 for the same ad several times in the last 2 months.

As for timing. I got the first Standing Kirin in the store notice as they went into the store, followed 30 minutes later by my first batch of 25. Then got 25 more every 30 minutes for about 2 hours. Then they dwindled off to a batch of 6 and then finally one lonely straggler.
        I know when I hit the notify me button yesterday it was sometime in the morning before 9 AM Mountain time.

I to would like to thank the Windstone staff. I know it can’t be easy to have the site go down or to need to stay and deal with it when you could be home with your families. Thank you all for the time and patience you put into keeping things running as smoothly as they do!

Looking for:
        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Susie
        Keymaster

Can anyone pinpoint the date when multiple emails from us (for any reason) began happening? That might be helpful in our fixing the problem. Maybe we made a change to something that caused this glitch to occur!

chibishiro12
          Participant

I got eight classified ad expiration warnings for a single ad a few weeks ago, and since then at least three per ad too.

Looking for-
            red fire young dragon
            old animal line frog, wolf, barn owl, tortoise, tiger cub

Dragoneer_88
            Participant

Can anyone pinpoint the date when multiple emails from us (for any reason) began happening? That might be helpful in our fixing the problem. Maybe we made a change to something that caused this glitch to occur!

The first time I had issues with multiple emails was Jan. 8, 2016. I, and few other members, posted the issue in the help/feedback section.

http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/classifieds-expiration-notification

Skeeterdeee
              Participant

The emails may have contributed to the problem but I don’t think they caused it.
                I got the first spate of emails at 7:34pm Eastern Standard Time and the website was down by then. Or that could be when my name came up on the email notification list – I pressed the “Notify” button on Tuesday, maybe for the first time.
                Do we know when the first emails showed up?

I received 30 emails at 5:55pm (EST), when I clicked the link it took me to the kirin page but when I hit “add to cart” I couldn’t go any further. I know that I only hit the “Notify” button once, because I’ve been avoiding the website for at least six months (since before the last batch of GB kirins were released).

Danzig Moon (Karen)
                Participant

Mine started Feb 10, 2016 6:08 pm it was at least 30 the first go around. 🙂

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

Mary
                  Participant

Mine started the night that the GB kirins went on sale, about an 1/2 hour after the website crashed.

MandBsMom
                    Participant

I just got 6 half life warnings for my two ads at 1:58 CST.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Scathach
                      Participant

My multiple emails only began about mid-point in the KiRin crisis of February 10th. I think I got about 90 (maybe more). Deleting them gave me something to do while the store was being fixed 😉

I’ve had multiples in the past, but I put that down to perhaps pressing “Notify” too often. *hangs head*

Life is beautiful.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.