There was a glitch in the Matrix

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion There was a glitch in the Matrix

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Mercury Star
    Participant

Lol… I somehow ended up with 125 messages letting me know that the Standing Baby Kirin Grab Bag was back in stock. XD Thankfully gmail stacked them together into two emails (100 in one, 25 in the other), so my inbox didn’t explode.

fatalbeauty
      Participant

I received 96 for the kirins and one for the wolves….

4 things I'm looking for:
        1. Mother Meerkat
        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

etruscan
        Participant

I got one series of 119 emails and then 23 more – and mine weren’t in nice bundles. Deleting 142 emails about GB standing kirins while the store is down and I can’t buy any of them is adding insult to injury! 😉

MandBsMom
          Participant

I didn’t count mine. It appeared they came in 2 or 3 batches. I probably got around 75ish?

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Dragoneer_88
            Participant

I got 136 restock notifications. O_o

Natasha
              Participant

I got two. My mom said she got 135!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                ANY Red Eyed Unis
                ANY Test Paint Bat
                UNIS:
                The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                Male- Snow Leopard TP
                White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                Mother: Okapi
                Gothic - Mahogany
                PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Mercury Star
                Participant

I got one series of 119 emails and then 23 more – and mine weren’t in nice bundles. Deleting 142 emails about GB standing kirins while the store is down and I can’t buy any of them is adding insult to injury! 😉

OUCH! I am sorry etruscan! Did you manage to get one? I hope you did, after all of that.

Edit: Nevermind, I see your post in the GB thread, congrats! 🙂

I am so lost these days, lol.

Susie
                  Keymaster

Sorry about that folks! We are not sure what went wrong, but the email notifications sort of got stuck… Like the “send button” got stuck down!

I’m so glad that people began mentioning it on Facebook or we would not have known it happened, and stopping it helped us get the website back up.

Our many apologies for the annoyance and the frustration. We seem to have discovered a new way to crash the site!

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

Sorry about that folks! We are not sure what went wrong, but the email notifications sort of got stuck… Like the “send button” got stuck down!

LOL! Gee, I thought that you guys just reaaaaalllly reaaaaalllly wanted to make sure that we didn’t miss this Grab Bag, and that we knew the Ki-Rins were back in stock! LOL! 😀

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kim
                      Blocked

I just got two kirin notifications and one wolf one. Did everyone click the notification button a bunch of times or just once or twice? I clicked it twice so got two. I couldn’t picture someone clicking it a hundred times so that’s kind of funny it sent out so many to a bunch of people.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

fatalbeauty
                        Participant

I just got two kirin notifications and one wolf one. Did everyone click the notification button a bunch of times or just once or twice? I clicked it twice so got two. I couldn’t picture someone clicking it a hundred times so that’s kind of funny it sent out so many to a bunch of people.

I only clicked it once to end up with 96 emails….

4 things I'm looking for:
                          1. Mother Meerkat
                          2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                          3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                          4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Bodine
                          Participant

😀 too funny.
                            I didn’t get a one.Matter of fact,I have not gotten a single one on any of the new pebbles.Not since the re-release of the Jet Grands.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

StormDancer
                            Participant

I know, at most, I had only hit the notify me twice. Possibly once when they originally came out and sold out in April 2015, then I did hit it early yesterday morning just to be sure. I got 4 batches of 25 then a batch of 6 and finally a lone straggler showed up all about 30 minutes apart.

lol etruscan I know I was feeling the same frustration as you!

Looking for:
                              "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Mary
                              Participant

I’m so glad that people began mentioning it on Facebook or we would not have known it happened, and stopping it helped us get the website back up.

Our many apologies for the annoyance and the frustration. We seem to have discovered a new way to crash the site!

I was wondering about that. I got dozens of restocking emails but Gmail collects them under 1 email to consolidate them.

The email notifications seemed to go into a perpetual loop, which would be using up services on your server until all memory on the server gets exhausted & dies.

Is the email looping the thing that caused the website to crash? I think I’ve mentioned here before that a few hundred forum members shouldn’t be causing your website to crash. There’s things like “load-sharing”, multiple servers, etc. that can be used to handle bigger crowds during sales. And, there’s also software that can block automated scripts, if those are being used. Just sayin….

etruscan
                                Participant

The emails may have contributed to the problem but I don’t think they caused it.
                                  I got the first spate of emails at 7:34pm Eastern Standard Time and the website was down by then. Or that could be when my name came up on the email notification list – I pressed the “Notify” button on Tuesday, maybe for the first time.
                                  Do we know when the first emails showed up?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.