fbpx

The thread for Furries (and other cosplays)

Home Forums Miscellany Community The thread for Furries (and other cosplays)

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Rusti
    Participant

Do Jedi count? I’m about to start a generic Jedi General build with the end goal of joining the Rebel Legion. I haven’t even started the practice outer tunic and I feel way in over my head with the sewing, so I have no idea how you guys do it with the fursuits. I’d much rather sit with a soldering iron and do the lightsaber wiring tutorials I’ve read than sit at a sewing machine, but I have a pattern printed out and I just need to make the practice one out of muslin to work out kinks and then go to town with the cotton gauze I’ve picked out!

I’ll also have to do a little bit of armor building, but there are kits for that and it doesn’t scare me near as much as the sewing machine. I’m aware that I am bizarre.

twindragonsmum
      Participant

Nice work! Interesting you should mention Jim Henson; my boss apprenticed with Mr. Henson starting when he (my boss) was about 16. Now he’s our shop manager, among other things and he teaches classes in puppetry at Brigham Young University here in Provo as well as classes for elementary aged kids across the summer. He built the puppet for the leopard in our production of Tarzan several years ago as well as the dragon in The Reluctant Dragon”. He is an amazing man and is working with me boyohs to build a vacuum former so we can make armor, masks, etc.

tdm

tdm

Do Jedi count? I’m about to start a generic Jedi General build with the end goal of joining the Rebel Legion. I haven’t even started the practice outer tunic and I feel way in over my head with the sewing, so I have no idea how you guys do it with the fursuits. I’d much rather sit with a soldering iron and do the lightsaber wiring tutorials I’ve read than sit at a sewing machine, but I have a pattern printed out and I just need to make the practice one out of muslin to work out kinks and then go to town with the cotton gauze I’ve picked out!

I’ll also have to do a little bit of armor building, but there are kits for that and it doesn’t scare me near as much as the sewing machine. I’m aware that I am bizarre.

Sure thats what “other cosplays” is πŸ™‚

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
        www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
        Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Kujacker
        Participant

Not a furry, but I do love fursuits and dressing up (and I hate my face showing so fursuits are great for that). I took one of my suits out last month. I posted some pictures on my tumblr. The first post that comes up with 9 photos.
          I’m on my phone so I can’t post them directly here.
          I’d really like to take my suits out more often, but with the weather here it isn’t really possible. Specially since my other suit is a full suit. Just last month was a tad too hot to be outside wearing the partial suit.

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

HOLY CRAP JENNIFER!!! I had seen some of them, but DAMN! O.O Freaking GORGEOUS! I am in love with the crow and the raptor. *gush*

You just…. excel at EVERYTHING you do! LOL! I had no idea you did any of them on a commission basis… *gets bad ideas* I have had a nest egg set aside for a maker who has had me on their waitlist for 2+ years now and I’m starting to get sick of waiting.

As mentioned in the first post, I did just finished Alopex last week for a convention. I need to redo the armored padding since it was a last minute rush job and weather the cowl that siberakh was kind enough to make for me, btu she’s not bad for about a weeks work. *nods*

Photobucket is being a butt right now so here is a link to my post in the technodrome forum. (A TMNT fan site, since she is a TMNT character)

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?p=1562790

I also have a few others I’ve done, but my most well known cosplay was Kyuubi from Naruto.

http://drag0nfeathers.deviantart.com/art/Kyuubi-with-Sasuke-and-Naruto-159588719

Just a simple google search for “drag0nfeathers Kyuubi” brings up a plethora of pics! Some of them are actually cosplays I did together with siberakh! She was Nina from Fullmetal Alchemist and also Matatabi from Naruto as well!

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kujacker
            Participant

Alright, on the computer so I can post pictures here.

My full body suit, Nippon. He’s a monster of some sort, but I’d like to redo his whole suit (besides his head) and turn him into a shishi dog.

And my skull dog thing, Harvester. I tend to wear him more because he’s more breathable. More photos of him are on my tumblr.

I’d love to make more fursuits, but money. Always money.

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Oh nice! I got one of Monoyasha’s skulls off of etsy myself. Had a memorable Halloween with it ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Pam

Did anyone else attend BLFC?

Did anyone else attend BLFC?

…oh and fyi we will NOT be making it to Furlandia because of laundry2011’s car accident. I hope you guys have lots of fun! ^_^

Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Pam

I heard πŸ™ Angusbun and I will probably only go on Saturday. You should try to make it to BLFC next year, it was amazing. Maybe we could all carpool together! Eight furs in one 9 hour van trip would be interesting.

Zelda
                    Participant

Like Jennifer, I wouldn’t classify myself as a furry (no problem with ’em, though!), nor am I a hardcore cosplayer. I just like making animal/fantasy costumes – I enjoy the challenge of hiding a person in non-human anatomy. My only full-body suit is my Asian dragon, Fulcrum. It won best in show at Nan Desu Kan 2007 πŸ˜€
                       photo halloween_2006__at_the_mall_by_webdragon_zpsifegwjnc.jpg
                      It’s the one on the left, haha! I have all of the materials together to give this suit a much-needed upgrade.

I am also working (if you could call gathering materials and dreaming “working”) on a tengu, a tauntaun, a gila monster, Guilmon from the Digimon series, and a baby Brontotherium quad suit. Sounds ambitious but it’s little more than a pile of fur and foam at this point! Costuming is really a lot of fun but time consuming. I’m settling for now in making animal costume pieces for sale on Etsy πŸ™‚

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

I heard πŸ™ Angusbun and I will probably only go on Saturday. You should try to make it to BLFC next year, it was amazing. Maybe we could all carpool together! Eight furs in one 9 hour van trip would be interesting.

Where is big little fur con? I think that would be hilarious and fun πŸ™‚ I’d be totally up for it!

Like Jennifer, I wouldn’t classify myself as a furry (no problem with ’em, though!), nor am I a hardcore cosplayer. I just like making animal/fantasy costumes – I enjoy the challenge of hiding a person in non-human anatomy. My only full-body suit is my Asian dragon, Fulcrum. It won best in show at Nan Desu Kan 2007 πŸ˜€
                       photo halloween_2006__at_the_mall_by_webdragon_zpsifegwjnc.jpg
                      It’s the one on the left, haha! I have all of the materials together to give this suit a much-needed upgrade.

I am also working (if you could call gathering materials and dreaming “working”) on a tengu, a tauntaun, a gila monster, Guilmon from the Digimon series, and a baby Brontotherium quad suit. Sounds ambitious but it’s little more than a pile of fur and foam at this point! Costuming is really a lot of fun but time consuming. I’m settling for now in making animal costume pieces for sale on Etsy πŸ™‚

There a few fun idea’s I’d had. I’d love to make a suit of Appa and my other crazy grand idea is a Mantis Shrimp. Some day…

Pam

Where is big little fur con? I think that would be hilarious and fun πŸ™‚ I’d be totally up for it!

It is in Reno, NV. I think they hold it every year in May.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.