The thread for Furries (and other cosplays)

Home Forums Miscellany Community The thread for Furries (and other cosplays)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Soo…the forum has furries, but there is no thread to show off our fursuits if we have em..

I know Drag0nfeathers makes costumes and I am building my first, so why not have a thread to show them off as well as cosplay stuff. Why not?

Wow the site is being fussy and slow. o.O

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
    www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
    Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Well, my first suit is still in progress. I am mostly lost in trial and error, but so far, I have a head, a tail and the legs.

:3

Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Jennifer
    Keymaster

I am not a furry, but I did grow up being inspired by Jim Henson and always wanted to make masks and costumes (they are essentially puppets you can use anywhere, right??). So, I like to make realistic bird masks! Some people consider these “fursuits”… and that’s okay, but I’d probably be making these even if the concept of furries didn’t exist. 🙂

I have a gallery of some of them here: http://featherdust.com/masks/

Here’s a fantasy raven I made (the clothing I did NOT make on this one) for a client:

A bearded vulture (lammergeier):

A dromaeosaur (raptor):

A Short-Eared Owl:

A video demonstrating the jaw movement on an osprey mask I made for a client, before shipping it off:

I don’t want to get spammy so please feel free to view my website to see the rest.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

etruscan
      Participant

Jennifer – those masks are amazing!

96037’s fursuit is looking very good. 🙂

Melody
        Keymaster

I am not a furry, but I did grow up being inspired by Jim Henson and always wanted to make masks and costumes (they are essentially puppets you can use anywhere, right??). So, I like to make realistic bird masks! Some people consider these “fursuits”… and that’s okay, but I’d probably be making these even if the concept of furries didn’t exist. 🙂

I have a gallery of some of them here: http://featherdust.com/masks/

Here’s a fantasy raven I made (the clothing I did NOT make on this one) for a client:

A bearded vulture (lammergeier):

A dromaeosaur (raptor):

A Short-Eared Owl:

A video demonstrating the jaw movement on an osprey mask I made for a client, before shipping it off:

I don’t want to get spammy so please feel free to view my website to see the rest.

Astounding! Did Vantid end up with the raven head?

Kim
          Blocked

Wow those bird masks are really cool! I like how they painted their arms too to look like bird legs.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Jennifer
            Keymaster

Astounding! Did Vantid end up with the raven head?

The raven’s owner actually specifically requested to remain anonymous!

Wow those bird masks are really cool! I like how they painted their arms too to look like bird legs.

Those are actually shoulder length gloves I made/painted to look like scaly bird legs.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

siberakh1
              Participant

Jennifer, what type of paint did you use on the spandex gloves? Any particular mediums used in addition to the paint? I ask because I’m working on humanoid rat hands/toes for a costume for next week and want to add shading and definition to the ‘skin’.

I’ll post pictures after con. It’s a known character, but I’ll wait until I post photos (or drag0nfeathers will beat me to it… I’m behind in getting anything posted online anywhere :P).

I’ve seen video of Qaw in action. Wonderfully portrayed corvid! I love your masks! I need an excuse to make a dino, bird, or griffin of some sort. Maybe NYCC or something…

Jennifer
                Keymaster

Jennifer, what type of paint did you use on the spandex gloves? Any particular mediums used in addition to the paint? I ask because I’m working on humanoid rat hands/toes for a costume for next week and want to add shading and definition to the ‘skin’.

I’ll post pictures after con. It’s a known character, but I’ll wait until I post photos (or drag0nfeathers will beat me to it… I’m behind in getting anything posted online anywhere :P).

I’ve seen video of Qaw in action. Wonderfully portrayed corvid! I love your masks! I need an excuse to make a dino, bird, or griffin of some sort. Maybe NYCC or something…

Was it the Dark Crystal video? That one went viral! I saw it on facebook.

I find that the golden acrylics (Same ones I use on Windstones) adhere the best. If I need to thin them I use airbrush medium, especially since it can be used on fabric and is very flexible.

siberakh1
                  Participant

Yup! That’s the one!

I find that the golden acrylics (Same ones I use on Windstones) adhere the best. If I need to thin them I use airbrush medium, especially since it can be used on fabric and is very flexible.

Great! I mostly only use golden and have plenty here (and some of their airbrush medium). Perfect! I just wasn’t sure about using it on fabric in case I needed to hand wash something. Then again, I have t-shirts I’ve stained with paint when a paint brush rolls off the table or accidentally goes flying, so I should have known better. 😛 Thanks!

I absolutely loved the raptor. Did you make the tail for it too?

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

I did, thank you! I made all the ‘accessories’, with exception to the fantastic clothing on the raven. I can’t make tooled leatherwork!

I did, thank you! I made all the ‘accessories’, with exception to the fantastic clothing on the raven. I can’t make tooled leatherwork!

Was it articulated? I tried to do an articulated tail for mine and failed miserably. I’m try to find somebody who I could commission for just the core articulation or to teach me how. It is absolutely beautiful!

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

Was it articulated? I tried to do an articulated tail for mine and failed miserably. I’m try to find somebody who I could commission for just the core articulation or to teach me how. It is absolutely beautiful!

Not at all! It’s just stuffed with a single acrylic rod down it to give it rigidity and a bit of bounce. I don’t have the time and energy to do articulation. It looks awesome when its done right though!

Blight
                        Participant

Nice fursuits!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.