fbpx

The recent new Curls

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody The recent new Curls

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    GardenNinja
    Participant

A red of any color would pop (I understand the trouble last time you tried red as in ruby).

This is the second mention in this thread of problems with red. What were the problems?

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Wampus Dragon
      Participant

Unstable red paint that faded terribly when exposed to any natural light and cracked/wrinkled/discolored in heat. A good example is the ‘baked storefront windstones’ you see occasionally. They are almost always a ruby or a red fire.

I keep my rubies and red fires far away from any windows or natural light because of this tendency. I really LOVE the color, but it requires more care than the others.

Just wondering: Would using the automotive red paint work? I know it was used on the redfire for the first 10 of each sculpts. I have never seen a faded-to-pink car, an occasional a faded-to-pink tractor maybe on a really old one. Automotive shops have some spray-on stuff that makes the color stay true a lot longer. I use it on my steering wheel cover which is red, yellow, and green. Just a thought
        Another thought: I have an OOAK fledge called Easter that is in pastel colors: pink, lavender, pale blue, yellow, green with gold accents that is truly charming. Maybe some of those colors in different combinations on some of the other sculpts.
        I think the idea of displaying the curls under a domed cake plate is a great way to show them off! Another way would be a domed cheese plate for one really special small piece. I have a PYO dragon that Kujacker did for me in forest colors that is on a brass pedestal candle holder that is holding court in the middle of a 1/2 circle of fledges. Glass candle holders too. I have one of those that I got at Kohl’s and haven’t decided yet what to display in it or where to put it, but I’m sure it will come to me :)!

Just wondering: Would using the automotive red paint work? I know it was used on the redfire for the first 10 of each sculpts. I have never seen a faded-to-pink car, an occasional a faded-to-pink tractor maybe on a really old one. Automotive shops have some spray-on stuff that makes the color stay true a lot longer. I use it on my steering wheel cover which is red, yellow, and green. Just a thought
        Another thought: I have an OOAK fledge called Easter that is in pastel colors: pink, lavender, pale blue, yellow, green with gold accents that is truly charming. Maybe some of those colors in different combinations on some of the other sculpts.
        I think the idea of displaying the curls under a domed cake plate is a great way to show them off! Another way would be a domed cheese plate for one really special small piece. I have a PYO dragon that Kujacker did for me in forest colors that is on a brass pedestal candle holder that is holding court in the middle of a 1/2 circle of fledges. Glass candle holders too. I have one of those that I got at Kohl’s and haven’t decided yet what to display in it or where to put it, but I’m sure it will come to me :)!

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.