fbpx

The recent new Curls

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody The recent new Curls

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    PhoenixTears
    Participant

Don’t get me wrong, we do have a soft spot for those natural colours on any sculpt (especially the [BUCKSKIN – hint as in production, even if just ONE sculpt of Peg adult or ONE Uni, any but the baby – go bigger!] hoofers. But just lately, Ive seen curl after curl that is natural.

I’m not here enough if at all, to know what the buzz about preference here is, so I do apologize if I just went against the grain and gave you a grain of your own, Mel (migraine that is). But in this house, they are all displayed together, and they have lost their pop, with questions about “doubles??” And the explanation that ensues to show differences (which is still great WOMouth for your work).

Hypocrite I can be, I will certainly back a Siamese Curl, for sure, Our family grew up with all points of Siams, so go any way and we’d buy it. Hell, we’ll still buy EVERY store curl as to not break up the set but just the ones close in colour don’t make us jump up and down as much as the ones that pop right off their shelf and draw the eye. And of course, Jillian will jump ALL OVER a Buckskin Curl if you decide to stay natural. That would be a gem in that specific sculpt collection as would any WE Buckskin be in any sculpt she can afford from the store.

Example: HUGE advocate for the squeak of Turquoise. Hadn’t thought of it but can see it in minds eyes and it looks smashing. And if it’s my imagination only thinking of it, I can only KNOW Melody’s take will exceed it.

I do like the idea of a Sunrise (or Sunburst) Curl which would be bright orange and yellows. LOUD. Sunset curls can be a myriad of things and do not have to be related to the Griffins. As is, the BG and Opopanax are so very similar too.

Look, I don’t want to stay on the nit picky because Melody, we love here, and in all this, it’s just opinion and never meant to sound as insult in one solitary syllable. I’m just putting forth ideas in hopes since this sculpt is not only affordable for 99% of ANY collector, but I can perhaps imagine that like a writer gets writers block, perhaps an artist looks to the pulse (aka squeaks) of her most loyal collectors, to hear of new colour schemes.

But I think on the top of our list, like way back when you guys all did Kirins as a surprise for Mel, Jillian did a Mardi Gras coloured Kirin for her. Since, she has been hoping to see Mel’s take on that colour combo of greens, purples and golds. Kind of bridges a bit of a gap with the natural tho vibrant greens and golds, but gives it a spicy kick in the scales with the purple hue. And as a pure joke because it can never happen, how cute would it be if those came with a little Jester hat?! Just a stab at humour since this is a lot to read.

I didn’t mean to complain about the mutes / naturals that have come out (we dug the Sand Curl [no pun!] because while natural, he still looked like NO other curl, not even close). Our preferences lie in rich colourations, only tiny hints of white or pearly if you must (no offense to those squeaking for restocks for we feel your pain for sure), but some bright fantasy colours after a run of such earthy natural colours would be refreshing. TBT, we only bought the Nutmeg because we didn’t want to break up the set as we have all store Curls. But had we not, we would not have bought it because of its deep similarity that WE see from screen to our display. We do like the colour schemes that are drastic and dont necessarily blend easily like blues into purples. Example would be that Sand Curl. There were definite stops and starts of color there, and if kicked up another notch with other colours, that kind of curl could explode.

Ending thoughts – We’ll still buy every store curl there is to come. We just want the fire in our bellies like we did when say, VF came out, or even Pink … and we are not Pink fans at all and wouldn’t get it in any other sculpt but Mama Coiled. But that fire back (perhaps I’m being seasonal and would expect the earthy ones more towards Fall) would be exciting, or more exciting. We’re always excited to get a WE package and so happens, that Male Silver Wolf Griffin is arriving tomorrow, ON Jillian’s BDay which was a shipping coincidence but something she really wanted because the chicks were lonely and being taken care of (much like the white chickies) by the BW Spotted Beagle family. Now the chicklets will have papa, Yay!

Bottom line Melody … thank you for hearing us ad nauseum and not sending snipers to sit on our neighbors roofs ready to end us, and delivering as much as you possibly can. Ive never known a professional artist that actually even cares in the way you do, much less deliver! We always have your back… Oh yea, and sorry for the War and Peace version but look at it this way, if we didn’t care about your work and it didn’t make such an impact on us, we’d not much to say if any. Hard on the eyes but take it as a compliment, please. We do not mean to stress…

“Fate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

Bodine
      Participant

I love them all! :bigsmile:

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

siberakh1
        Participant

I guess I’m in the minority! I think Nutmeg looks different enough from Toasted Pearl (and I hope more will come out of Nutmeg, since I missed him). I do like the natural curlies, but I wouldn’t mind some bright ones too. Ruby curlies (though with the red paint issues that were had I can understand if these never happen) and Peacock curlies have never come out *squeak for Peacock*. Glacier and Rainbow curlies restocked would be cool too (Rainbow was such a small batch and gone in a heartbeat!). I know the Sunset color done by Olimpia was her coloration, but curlies similiar to that would be lovely (and plenty bright). 🙂

etruscan
          Participant

I have just instituted “Curlies under Glass”. Williams Sonoma wooden cake stands with domes hold nine curlies and I think they look cute – like fancy pastries. So far I have two domes, so I can separate any similar colors if I think there is a problem.

Susie
            Keymaster

Curlies Under Glass! That’s terrific! You can set each on a little paper doily or cupcake paper!

Purplecat
              Participant

I’d love to see a pic of that…and truly the curlies are cupcake sized! that is a really clever display idea!

They make some amazing displays out there for cupcakes too. I’ve heard of weddings where they have super fancy cupcake displays instead of a huge cake to be cut….and the setup for that sort of thing can get extravagant.

I’ve loved most of them but I’m hoping for something new and LOUD, too! You know, something where you can’t sleep in the same room because it’s so loud?

darjeb
                Participant

I have just instituted “Curlies under Glass”. Williams Sonoma wooden cake stands with domes hold nine curlies and I think they look cute – like fancy pastries. So far I have two domes, so I can separate any similar colors if I think there is a problem.

That is a great idesa post some pictures of yours

darjeb
                  Participant

That is a great idesa post some pictures of yours

Melody
                    Keymaster

Don’t get me wrong, we do have a soft spot for those natural colours on any sculpt (especially the [BUCKSKIN – hint as in production, even if just ONE sculpt of Peg adult or ONE Uni, any but the baby – go bigger!] hoofers. But just lately, Ive seen curl after curl that is natural.

I’m not here enough if at all, to know what the buzz about preference here is, so I do apologize if I just went against the grain and gave you a grain of your own, Mel (migraine that is). But in this house, they are all displayed together, and they have lost their pop, with questions about “doubles??” And the explanation that ensues to show differences (which is still great WOMouth for your work).

Hypocrite I can be, I will certainly back a Siamese Curl, for sure, Our family grew up with all points of Siams, so go any way and we’d buy it. Hell, we’ll still buy EVERY store curl as to not break up the set but just the ones close in colour don’t make us jump up and down as much as the ones that pop right off their shelf and draw the eye. And of course, Jillian will jump ALL OVER a Buckskin Curl if you decide to stay natural. That would be a gem in that specific sculpt collection as would any WE Buckskin be in any sculpt she can afford from the store.

Example: HUGE advocate for the squeak of Turquoise. Hadn’t thought of it but can see it in minds eyes and it looks smashing. And if it’s my imagination only thinking of it, I can only KNOW Melody’s take will exceed it.

I do like the idea of a Sunrise (or Sunburst) Curl which would be bright orange and yellows. LOUD. Sunset curls can be a myriad of things and do not have to be related to the Griffins. As is, the BG and Opopanax are so very similar too.

Look, I don’t want to stay on the nit picky because Melody, we love here, and in all this, it’s just opinion and never meant to sound as insult in one solitary syllable. I’m just putting forth ideas in hopes since this sculpt is not only affordable for 99% of ANY collector, but I can perhaps imagine that like a writer gets writers block, perhaps an artist looks to the pulse (aka squeaks) of her most loyal collectors, to hear of new colour schemes.

But I think on the top of our list, like way back when you guys all did Kirins as a surprise for Mel, Jillian did a Mardi Gras coloured Kirin for her. Since, she has been hoping to see Mel’s take on that colour combo of greens, purples and golds. Kind of bridges a bit of a gap with the natural tho vibrant greens and golds, but gives it a spicy kick in the scales with the purple hue. And as a pure joke because it can never happen, how cute would it be if those came with a little Jester hat?! Just a stab at humour since this is a lot to read.

I didn’t mean to complain about the mutes / naturals that have come out (we dug the Sand Curl [no pun!] because while natural, he still looked like NO other curl, not even close). Our preferences lie in rich colourations, only tiny hints of white or pearly if you must (no offense to those squeaking for restocks for we feel your pain for sure), but some bright fantasy colours after a run of such earthy natural colours would be refreshing. TBT, we only bought the Nutmeg because we didn’t want to break up the set as we have all store Curls. But had we not, we would not have bought it because of its deep similarity that WE see from screen to our display. We do like the colour schemes that are drastic and dont necessarily blend easily like blues into purples. Example would be that Sand Curl. There were definite stops and starts of color there, and if kicked up another notch with other colours, that kind of curl could explode.

Ending thoughts – We’ll still buy every store curl there is to come. We just want the fire in our bellies like we did when say, VF came out, or even Pink … and we are not Pink fans at all and wouldn’t get it in any other sculpt but Mama Coiled. But that fire back (perhaps I’m being seasonal and would expect the earthy ones more towards Fall) would be exciting, or more exciting. We’re always excited to get a WE package and so happens, that Male Silver Wolf Griffin is arriving tomorrow, ON Jillian’s BDay which was a shipping coincidence but something she really wanted because the chicks were lonely and being taken care of (much like the white chickies) by the BW Spotted Beagle family. Now the chicklets will have papa, Yay!

Bottom line Melody … thank you for hearing us ad nauseum and not sending snipers to sit on our neighbors roofs ready to end us, and delivering as much as you possibly can. Ive never known a professional artist that actually even cares in the way you do, much less deliver! We always have your back… Oh yea, and sorry for the War and Peace version but look at it this way, if we didn’t care about your work and it didn’t make such an impact on us, we’d not much to say if any. Hard on the eyes but take it as a compliment, please. We do not mean to stress…

“War and peace” version..HA HA HA
                      I have some curlies that need to be painted and now I have NO IDEA how to paint them!
                      Hmmm… I think restocking some of the old, sold out bright colors might be what I’ll do. The list is getting pretty long!

Kiya
                      Participant

*squee!* I love curlies and my b-day is coming!

Lupuslunae
                        Participant

Hmmm… I think restocking some of the old, sold out bright colors might be what I’ll do. The list is getting pretty long!

o gawd, like autumn leaf and violet flame….SQUEAK!!!!!11111one

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

I did that with my ebay griffies. Roddy calls them “pheasant under glasses”. Sure helps keep the dust and grit off ’em 🙂

twindragonsmum

tdm

dragonshoard
                            Participant

I have some curlies that need to be painted and now I have NO IDEA how to paint them!

Please Please Please restock the store (or take them down and stop teasing us 😉 Asking for:

Amethyst (when did this come out? it wasn’t on my list)
                              Autumn Leaf
                              Blue Pearl
                              Glacier
                              Lavender Pearl
                              Red Flame
                              Violet Flame
                              old Green
                              old Brown
                              Gold
                              Silver w/blue eyes

Mike
                              Participant

I have some natural bright colors that would work. As one that does Lapidary work I have plenty of stones with bright colors. Charoite comes to mind. Beautiful bright deep purple. Blue is a beautiful sapphire. Honey Onyx for a more light golden tone for those asking for that. Green is easy in Malachite, or Emerald.
                                A red of any color would pop (I understand the trouble last time you tried red as in ruby).
                                Goldstone has the earthy brown and the golden tones to highlight it. I can go look for more but am sure you have ideas as well. If you want any, more then happy to help. Maybe I will start the survey of color for you too. Just need to figure out how best to do it. Not exactly a box tabulation setup here.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.