fbpx

The recent new Curls

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody The recent new Curls

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    PhoenixTears
    Participant

Hey Melody,
      We’re always thankful for in store NEW curls around our house, so don’t see this as looking a gift artist in the mouth. But, with that said, do you have plans to do others with more actual colours? The last few released have been SO close in colour, it almost seems like buying two of the same (at least spectators at home see it that way and then we have to explain the nuances). But between the Gold, Brown, Toasted Pearl, Copper Patina now the Nutmeg … and though rather different but still muted, Sand Curl and even the Serpentine (the one with forest greens but still earthy with golds), we’re missing the pop of colours we use to have. We have all store one displayed together and the display is looking (hear me), “warm.” Any chance for cooler, brighter colours? Not white and mostly while like the Pearly runs, but getting back to rich cclourations like Peacocks or Amethysts (not those exactly but colours that pop)? Still give a pushy squeak for a MARDI GRAS one, even if that will have gold in it! Just go heavier on the purples and greens!

Lastly since this is my topic, I want to thank you again for replenishing the Lg Tux Flappers (no mouts). We are in the month and just a couple weeks away from putting my cousin’s cat to sleep. You really made her very happy in such a painful time, to get that flap restocked, and able to get it to her so that her cat could rub on it and “own” it as his, since it will stand at his urn as his memorial piece. I dont think you’ll really know what the memorial pieces mean to some of us that use your (and only your) work as such.
      Thank you so much…

“Fate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

Wampus Dragon
      Participant

I second the thought. Im not a big fan of the curlie in general, but I MUCH prefer the sculpt in brighter colors. Still waiting on a lavender pearl restock. But I would love to see things like turquoise(!), and just about any other blue color…

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

I’d really like to see an orange curl, with some really vivid copper penny coloration. That and a deep turquoise curl and a metallic magenta curl would be awesome! Those are my top 3 choices for something new ^_^

However, we all whine we want more natural colors, (well, not me, but a lot of us) then when Melody delivers we ask for brighter ones. >_< Poor Melody! I'd look forward to seeing some bright ones though!

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kiya
          Participant

I love all the warm, natural colors. 🙂

I’d just love to see some more autumn leave curlies. That would be awesome.

I like the sculpt, and it doesn’t make my checking account cry the way the bigger dragons do, so keep painting ’em and I’ll love them!

Hannah
            Participant

I do sincerely love the neutral colors that have been coming out, but I do have to say that the Nutmeg coloring surprised me at how very close it is to Toasted Pearl. Were they supposed to be Toasted Pearl colored but didn’t come out quite the same, or was the similarity completely unintentional?

They are beautiful in any case 🙂

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
              Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Skeeterdeee
              Participant

Other than the purple on his forehead, I think they look very different. I’ll find out when he gets here in a couple days. I love the copper color. <3

PurpleTurtle
                Participant

I’m hoping to see some curlies with blues. And I’m hoping that someday there will be a restock of the pearly lavenders and Violet Flame. Oh yeah – I really, really hope for a re-stock of the rainbow curlies.

etruscan
                  Participant

I’m hoping to see some curlies with blues. And I’m hoping that someday there will be a restock of the pearly lavenders and Violet Flame. Oh yeah – I really, really hope for a re-stock of the rainbow curlies.

Yes – Lavender Pearl and Blue Pearl! The Glacier just doesn’t have the same appeal as the Blue Pearl (for me, anyway).

Azurielle
                    Participant

I like the neutral ones too. If we’re having some many browns, though, maybe a siamese curlie?

Keeper of the Fledgings

Susie
                      Keymaster

🙂 Everyone likes something different, don’t they! Should someone do a poll to see what families of colors are favored? (I’ll be the results all come out even!)

Wampus Dragon
                        Participant

Grab bag curlies…. *runs off*

Lupuslunae
                          Participant

Grab bag curlies…. *runs off*

YES YES YES!!!! /begs pitifully

Hello Melody and everyone! I think pink curlies are the best.They remind me
                            of the pink sunrise I saw as I biked to work past the lake this morning.
                            They are truly beautiful and unique. Sincerely Dee

Purplecat
                            Participant

I must be one in the minority…..I’m loving the shades of copper, brown and russet….but then again browns and warm metallics are my fave colors.

Skylover
                              Participant

I like the more natural colors as well. Those and blue. I adore the sand color. I also love the Nutmeg curlie and hope that more will be made so I can get one as well.

However, I also feel the need to squeak for peacock curlies. My peacock collection won’t be complete without one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.