The Natural History of the Fuzzy – Part 1

Home Forums Miscellany Love, Fuzzy The Natural History of the Fuzzy – Part 1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Susie
    Keymaster

The Windstone Natural History of the Fuzzy – Part 1 – What is a Fuzzy?

The Fuzzy is one of Earth’s simplest life forms and is possibly one of the oldest. We know this because it very closely resembles the early life forms cartoonists depict evolving from Earth’s Primordial Soup. Evolving without bothering with arms, legs, or a skeleton, the Fuzzy is a very simple creature — all heart and warm fuzzy fluff. What we know about them is a bit fuzzy however. As time goes by the Windstone Phuzziology Department may discover that these loving bits of fuzz are more complex than they appear. The private life of the Fuzzy is exactly that, Private. We can only conjecture about some aspects of their behavior, such as reproduction, and perhaps that is best.

There are many more Fuzzies in the world than those tamed by Windstone. The average person encounters many Fuzzies every day without even knowing it! Many species are so relaxed that they sleep almost all the time and are so rarely seen with open eyes that we don’t recognize what they are! Wild Fuzzies blend into their environment so well that we humans can sit amongst a whole colony and never know it. Cats and Ferrets are much more observant and can spot them when we humans cannot. Fortunately Fuzzies love to play and do not mind a little rough and tumble with an animal now and then.

Fuzzies come in many sizes, shapes, colors and textures. The appearances may differ however all are loving benevolent creatures. There are no evil Fuzzies, not one with a “bad bone” in it’s body (no bones at all!), all are of simple good intention. Once in a while a Fuzzy may accidentally cause a problem, such as falling into a drain and clogging it, or giving you that creepy watched feeling while they keep an eye on you, or by eating the chocolate chip cookies making you think mice have moved into the kitchen, however they do none of these things with ill intent. They may squabble amongst themselves but it is not serious.

As our research team delves into Phuzziology, we will add to this natural history. Love, Fuzzy!

Susie
      Keymaster

Susie
        Keymaster

Here is a very rare photo of a completely wild fuzzy – caught in a brief moment with it’s eyes open – the photographer didn’t have time to focus before it’s eyes closed again!

Jasmine
          Participant

Susie wrote:

The Windstone Natural History of the Fuzzy – Part 1 – What is a Fuzzy?
            Many species are so relaxed that they sleep almost all the time and are so rarely seen with open eyes that we don’t recognize what they are!

OMG, I think I’ve met these ones. We call them dust bunnies. ๐Ÿ˜†

BDW
            Participant

I think I may have some roaming in my garden but they never open their eyes for me… ๐Ÿ™
              here is one perched on a stem but you can’t see the tail and again eyes closed.

Susie
              Keymaster

Quote:

here is one perched on a stem

What a beautiful fuzzy!

Starbreeze
                Participant

This is great!!! What other discoveries has the Phuzziology Department made??? Do we know how many species of fuzzies there are? Are there male and female fuzzies??? What do fuzzies eat besides chocolate chip cookies?? 8)

Hey, fuzzies don’t like to hide in cotton balls do they??? I’d hate to wipe makeup off with one!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Susie
                  Keymaster

Quote:

This is great!!! What other discoveries has the Phuzziology Department made??? Do we know how many species of fuzzies there are? Are there male and female fuzzies??? What do fuzzies eat besides chocolate chip cookies?? 8)

We’ll try to answer these questions as time goes by!

Quote:

Hey, fuzzies don’t like to hide in cotton balls do they??? I’d hate to wipe makeup off with one!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

They might… watch those cotton balls carefully! And keep your camera ready in case you see one with open eyes!

Maria
                    Participant

Why do domestic Fuzzies develop such vibrant colors? Can a Fuzzy decide its color independantly?

Starbreeze
                      Participant

Susie wrote:

Quote:

They might… watch those cotton balls carefully! And keep your camera ready in case you see one with open eyes!

Akkkk!!! They do like cotton balls!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Amanda
                        Participant

*snort* That is one adorable fuzzy cotton ball! ๐Ÿ˜†

Pam

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Why do domestic Fuzzies develop such vibrant colors? Can a Fuzzy decide its color independantly?

Fuzzies have, over the centuries, formed a very close relationship with the textile industry. Most of the ones we know of today evolved to blend in perfectly with our rugs, carpets, bath towels, coat muffs, etc. As such, many are very vbrantly colored.
                            In addition, most of the fuzzies you are accustomed to seeing originated at Susie’s daughter’s ear muff “factory”. So, the vast majority of the fuzzies you see are extra colorful because they are specialized for blending in with those colorful ear muffs! We are occasionally sent bags of the colorful scraps left over from various ear muff projects, and the bags we get usually contain quite a few equally colorful fuzzies. To separate the fuzzies from the cloth scraps (they blend in so well they cant be separated by hand), we just leave out a plate of cookies or other sweets.

Pam

starbreeze wrote:

This is great!!! What other discoveries has the Phuzziology Department made??? Do we know how many species of fuzzies there are? Are there male and female fuzzies??? What do fuzzies eat besides chocolate chip cookies??

There are probably more species of fuzzies than we could ever possibly discover ๐Ÿ™‚
                              We have yet to discover if fuzzies have genders, but its likely that they are genderless (which is common in less complex life forms).

The fuzzies we know of will eat anything with high levels of sugar. No one knows what wild fuzzies eat.

Amanda
                              Participant

We all know that a fuzzy travels along with a Windstone if someone speaks the magical phrase “Love, Fuzzy” but I was thinking today—just what determines which fuzzy travels with which Windstone? Do Fuzzys form a special bond with a Windstone piece and insist on following it to it’s new home? Does a fuzzy choose a box simply because of it’s destination? (such as wanting to move to a warmer/cooler climate?) Do you toss a cookie into each Windstone box and the lucky fuzzy to reach it first is the one that gets to go with that box? ๐Ÿ˜•

siberakh1
                                Participant

Eleu wrote:

We all know that a fuzzy travels along with a Windstone if someone speaks the magical phrase “Love, Fuzzy” but I was thinking today—just what determines which fuzzy travels with which Windstone? Do Fuzzys form a special bond with a Windstone piece and insist on following it to it’s new home? Does a fuzzy choose a box simply because of it’s destination? (such as wanting to move to a warmer/cooler climate?) Do you toss a cookie into each Windstone box and the lucky fuzzy to reach it first is the one that gets to go with that box? ๐Ÿ˜•

I like the cookie theory! ๐Ÿ˜€ I have one fuzzy that I think chose to come with my large birman flapcat. Rich brown fuzzy with medium blue eyes! ๐Ÿ˜€ He sits on my flapcat’s wing!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.