The Kickstarter for the Bantam dragon launch date!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements The Kickstarter for the Bantam dragon launch date!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Natasha
    Participant

I have a very serious life-threatening allergy to cigarette residue. Even a Windstone in a house that is old and contaminated that someone hasn’t smoked in for 30 years can put me at risk.

🙁

How scary! My asthma is very irritated by cigarette smoke, but I’d never heard of anyone with such a severe allergy. It must be scary to leave the house! What a bummer that you can’t have any grab bags!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
      ANY Red Eyed Unis
      ANY Test Paint Bat
      UNIS:
      The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
      Male- Snow Leopard TP
      White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
      Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
      Mother: Okapi
      Gothic - Mahogany
      PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
      DRAGONS: Male Coyote

BigCatKeeper
      Participant

I think LZ’s idea is wonderful. A good way for revenue while holding off for the Kickstarter.

Honestly, I know we have all been waiting for this scuplt for ages… but it’s actually in production and being painted now. I would hate for all the effort and time Melody has invested in this project for it to not be as successful as it should be. There’s just so much going on in the world right now that changes daily, I feel like even a postponement of month to see how the state of affairs changes would be prudent.

LZ
        Participant

Speaking personally, I had planned to purchase three dragons. If the Kickstarter went live today I would be purchasing one. That’s my current balance of wanting to support Windstone and get lovely art, but the anxiety of all that’s going on right now. I obviously can’t say if in the future I’d be back up to purchasing three, but I think it would be more likely to go up. Unless I’m dead, then, woohoo! I hope you all miss me 😉

Same here regarding quantity. I was going to do three, but now only one in these uncertain times, and not even a colorful one, but one of the white ones. 🙁

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

pipsxlch
          Participant

I’ve only planned and budgeted for 1 and a couple magnets or something. I may (hopefully) have job security, but it’s low pay job security. If my husband’s condition worsens rapidly, I’ll have to cut my hours or quit to care for him. As a spouse, I can receive no financial support to care for him. Only non relatives are eligible to be paid. That scares me more than the COVID-19.

I like LisaZ’s idea also, but I’d think about putting it off until early next year maybe. We’ve waited for this sculpt for years already. We can wait longer. By then we should be on the way back up, and Christmas out of the way. I wonder that things will still be bottomed out even in late summer. Hopefully in a year the virus will have burned itself out, and economies will be rebounding.

My instinct- but not my desire!- is to wait as long as is feasible. But if you decide to go now, do it as soon as possible for as short a duration as possible, before people’s wallets are hit too hard and the duration of the crisis hits them.

etruscan
            Participant

Does it even have to be a Kickstarter? I believe Melody said there were 128 of the special Bantam dragons That’s about the size of a regular grab bag. Or, if people didn’t want to take that much of a chance on getting a dragon they don’t like, revive the “Special Section” in the store and put them all in there as individuals.

LZ
              Participant

Does it even have to be a Kickstarter? I believe Melody said there were 128 of the special Bantam dragons That’s about the size of a regular grab bag. Or, if people didn’t want to take that much of a chance on getting a dragon they don’t like, revive the “Special Section” in the store and put them all in there as individuals.

It got done for the grab bag cougars. Why not these too? It would be an easier way to track who wants copies of certain colors too, with the “Waitlist” button. Sure the first person gets that one, but then as many people who want the same can sign up and wait for Melody to paint them. I am still surprised Kickstarter is so bad at tracking what backers want.

Looking for...

Kim
                Blocked

I wouldn’t buy a bantam dragon as a grab bag personally but if they went into the special section of the store I would buy one that way if it was easier than doing doing the Kickstarter. I have enough money for at least one now either way.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

pipsxlch
                  Participant

While I would probably break down and buy one as a standard GB, I would be hesitant to. I really don’t need the stress of having to try and trade, find time to photo/post/box/ship, and it costing that much more with everything going on in my life right now. I could use a pick me up, not one more straw on the camel’s back.

If you do decide to go for it now, I think Etruscan’s/LZ’s idea is far and away the best I’ve heard. Revive the ‘Special Section’ and post them there, paint extras according to waitlist wants. You won’t owe anyone else a cut that way too. You can post about it on Facebook or wherever, for the non Forum members to know about it. It’s not like they’d need to join to participate.

Setsunawolf
                    Participant

It just occurred to me that you can use Kickstarter as an advertising medium. Yes, you pay a fee, but Kickstarter will connect you with other people who have similar interests and may not be collectors.
                      That doesn’t change the issue you currently have, but I feel slow for just putting that together tonight. However , with this in mind….if you want the advertising going into the virus I would launch it. Worst case scenario, it fails and you can sell the dragons through the special items section in the store like the others have suggested. If you still have access to your marketing class, you might ask them for their thoughts.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                      Sun Dragon Koi #3

sherry10151982
                      Participant

Since you’re already almost done with the painting of the Bantams and you’ve already done all of this hard work, it may be prudent to go ahead and try to do the Kickstarter now. You might be surprised at how many people still will be willing to back you and I bet it will be fully funded within hours of launch. You have a lot of diehard fans; granted they may not have much to spend on what they really wanted, but you can rest assured you will get revenue for your awesome company!!

yolanda
                        Participant

Miss Melody , have you been able to come to a decision ? Im definately good with whatever but also curious as to what you have decided to do…
                          Hope your feeling better and all is well with you, your family and friends

etruscan
                          Participant

For those wondering about Melody and Windstone, some updates from Melody’s Facebook page (but nothing specific about the Kickstarter).

March 23 [yes, Windstone is open] – Gov. Kate brown just ordered all Oregonians to stay home, but manufacturing shops can still operate ? Sooo.. how do we do both?? … We just have 8 people right now, so it isn’t too difficult to keep out of each other’s way in this big shop. Nobody in sight.

Windstone_shop_March2020

March 24 – I am beginning to think I’ve HAD the virus already! There are many specific new symptoms being talked about that I also had! I won’t TMI you guys, but I am glad my sense of smell and taste has returned. It was weird to eat an orange and have no sensation of flavor or smell at all! The only reason I didn’t think I had it, is that two weeks ago, the virus wasn’t known to be here.Wasn’t KNOWN to be here.

March 24 – Until tests become available to tell if one has already had this, I am behaving as if I HAVEN”T had it! And I am not touching any of our products! … Not staying home, but our studio is not open to the public. I’m staying in my studio. We are all wearing masks, and using sanitizer.

LZ
                            Participant

Hi Melody, I don’t suppose we could get a look at any other completed bantams so far? You mentioned before they just needed touchups a couple weeks ago.

Looking for...

Kim
                              Blocked

Yeah I would love to see photos of all the Bantam dragons!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Melody
                                Keymaster

I think I can do a live Stream of the Bantams tomorrow, Fri. March 27 , around 3:30 pm PST. They might not be completely finished, but you can see what we got so far. I will launch the KS soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.