The Kickstarter for the Bantam dragon launch date!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements The Kickstarter for the Bantam dragon launch date!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    fatalbeauty
    Participant

I would say postpone until summer, and maybe no grab bags either for a few months, since money and job security is a fear with a lot of people now. Maybe now is a good time to be dedicated to fulfilling waitlist items in the website store? Or filling in “”holes” in the production line, like new sitting oris in production colors, or something like that. At least those are things some people are looking forward to that provide some kind of certainty without stress (no wondering how fast a grab will sell out, no hoping/pleading for a good grab, no worries about trading).

Predictability feels like a good idea for now.

I like this idea…

4 things I'm looking for:
      1. Mother Meerkat
      2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
      3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
      4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Kim
      Blocked

Well on the other thread I was saying I was looking forward to the Kickstarter if it started this week and then people jumped down my throat about it. People also seem to forget Windstone also has bills to pay and needs to sell things to stay afloat. I would say do it now and don’t keep putting it off. It’s already been put off for years and we have no idea how long this virus business is going to last or if things might get worse the longer you wait. If you do it now a lot of people still have money and are still working now who can support it and it will give them something to do and to bring a little joy in the midst of all the uncertainty. People don’t even have to pay for the Kickstarter til it’s over. I would still love to see it happen now as I would probably go looking for other things to do or buy if not for this.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Lulu
        Blocked

Would it work to do the Kickstarter now and just have it go longer, maybe like 2 months? Or are they supposed to be one month? Or maybe do April to May? Maybe things will settle down a bit in a couple weeks. Then again we have no idea when things will settle down so maybe just go ahead with it now if that’s what you had planned?

Bodine
          Participant

So very relieved you are on the mend Ms.Melody.
            I have no opinion on when to start your KS.Don’t have the facts of y’all’s situation but for right now I will have to bow out until I have $$ saved back up.Between the truck breaking down for the second time in two weeks and having to stock up because I never have lots of supplies,and due to no work for who knows how long.I am so so sorry.I will support you in anyway I can meantime and most definitely after this passes.
            Be well.💞

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Ela_Hara
            Participant

My suggestion: Wait and see how things shake out at the end of March. If working from home and closed schools are extended through April you may want to wait until the beginning of May to begin the Kickstarter.

FYI for LuLu – I believe Kickstarter only allows the campaigns to be one month/30 days. I may be wrong, but that’s what I’ve seen with every KS I’ve pledged to.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

StormDancer
              Participant

I am ok with whatever your choice is Melody. I have a bit saved now for KS.

At this stage in this mess my husband still has work. He transports propane across state lines from the plants to the propane companies so they can deliver it to peoples homes.

So I can support Windstone whatever they decide.
                But if you decide to postpone the KS, I fully agree with LZ’s suggestions.

I would say postpone until summer, and maybe no grab bags either for a few months, since money and job security is a fear with a lot of people now. Maybe now is a good time to be dedicated to fulfilling waitlist items in the website store? Or filling in “”holes” in the production line, like new sitting oris in production colors, or something like that. At least those are things some people are looking forward to that provide some kind of certainty without stress (no wondering how fast a grab will sell out, no hoping/pleading for a good grab, no worries about trading).

Predictability feels like a good idea for now.

I like this idea…

Looking for:
                "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Setsunawolf
                Participant

It looks like I am going to work 1 day this week, and that was Monday. I have no idea if I will have any hours next week. I suspect my situation will begin to effect more and more people. Looked okay on Monday and not so good today.

Melody- you should do whatever is best for Windstone. Look at the business’ numbers. If an infusion of cash now will help you weather the virus then do what you can to get that infusion.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                  Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                  Sun Dragon Koi #3

Courtney
                  Participant

Melody, start it April 1st, has it go the full length till the end of April.

That gives everyone a month and a half to plan and come up with funds.

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

Natasha
                    Participant

Speaking personally, I had planned to purchase three dragons. If the Kickstarter went live today I would be purchasing one. That’s my current balance of wanting to support Windstone and get lovely art, but the anxiety of all that’s going on right now. I obviously can’t say if in the future I’d be back up to purchasing three, but I think it would be more likely to go up. Unless I’m dead, then, woohoo! I hope you all miss me 😉

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                      ANY Red Eyed Unis
                      ANY Test Paint Bat
                      UNIS:
                      The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                      Male- Snow Leopard TP
                      White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                      Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                      Mother: Okapi
                      Gothic - Mahogany
                      PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                      DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Ela_Hara
                      Participant

LOL! OK Natasha – I’ll PM you with the pieces you can leave to me in your Will… starting with your Razorback Boar. LOL! ^_^

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Setsunawolf
                        Participant

Natasha- maybe you can snag Trainwreck for me and I can make payments.🥺

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                          Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                          Sun Dragon Koi #3

Rylorien
                          Participant

I am someone who for the most part lives paycheck to paycheck. It doesn’t stop me from making unreasonable purchases, but that’s also given the condition that the world at large and my job are functioning at a *normal* level. With the current situation, I do believe that it’s better for the KS to be delayed for now. Waiting to see and gauging the responses for how things turn out month to month would probably be for the best.

I think LZ’s idea to be the most favorable: since Windstones does need to maintain a certain level of profit, they could gear their time toward more low-key items (i.e. the production line and its holes/color gaps) + whatever inspiring ebay themes Gina will toss our way.

It’s true that the KS has taken awhile to get up and get going but since that is the case, it shouldn’t be much harm to wait longer. One new sculpt being produced via a crowdfunding platform shouldn’t make or break an established company with as much prestige as Windstone has.

I feel like this is a bad sentiment. Planning and finding funds is problematic when some people may not even be working much, if at all, in the coming weeks. Savings will go toward necessities, moreso if states start going into full-on lockdown mode. Beyond that, what if people DO pledge to Melody’s kickstarter, claim dragons they desperately want, Melody makes more of specific colors to meet demand…then tons of people drop the KS on the last day because they just don’t have the money? Suddenly Melody is left with a surplus of dragons that cost them time and money to produce and a lot less money coming their way than they were going to have based on initial backer numbers.

Seeing the responses in this thread, there’s a rather broad spectrum of circumstances in which people find themselves (stay safe everyone!) but in the end, Windstone does have to decide what they feel is best for their company.

Kimberlee
                            Participant

I’m back to work now and am all better… now the question is, should I launch the Kickstarter soon? Or should I continue to postpone it a couple of weeks?
                              What do you think?

I am just going to throw everything at the wall and maybe something helpful will stick.

The #1 most important thing is that we take care of each other. This means you all at Windstone as well. You have bills, families to feed, pets, more pets… So whatever we can do to help in any way, please let us know.

On to specific ideas. Please forgive any that are asked before, not doable or just plain dumb.

Re-awaken an old retired line. There are those of us that would gobble up dinosaurs, those darling mini flap cats could be done in some unique signed paints and more. I have no idea if smaller size means more profit or if they are just as much work, but less profit.

Do some production runs on models you already have. Hippocampus? Winged wolves? The PYO long haired flap cats? The winged bookends in a production run in a great color scheme or 2 or 7? Do the Horned Rebel wolf Sir Garlen in some other colors? Personally I think bookends are a great idea as we are all stocking up on books to read during our quarantines and self-isolation.

Maybe there is a “Master” or 2 that you have been holding back that can go into production? (Again, not sure how much work there is still do to on this).

Run a 100% online paint class where we can sign up and pay, then do some sort of Skype portal log on for a live class or even just do a comprehensive paint instruction video and then we pay to get access to watch and learn. I would so do that.

Do a Gofundme with rewards, this could even be the Bantam Dragon. We need Windstone to survive this. I have done a Gofundme before and can help you if you need it. It’s like Kickstarter but without the need to reach a certain goal before you are funded. There are fees to use the service but only payment processing fees of 2.9% plus $0.30 fee per donation. They don’t charge platform fees like Kickstarter does of the 5% fee, and payment processing fees (between 3% and 5%).

For me personally, I don’t do the grab bags. I am too picky about my Windstones and am unable to trade with other folks.

Ok, my brain is empty.

Loving Purell Hugs to you and yours,
                              Kimberlee (Dr. Brassy)

Do the right thing, when no one is looking...♥

Natasha
                              Participant

I’m back to work now and am all better… now the question is, should I launch the Kickstarter soon? Or should I continue to postpone it a couple of weeks?
                                What do you think?

I am just going to throw everything at the wall and maybe something helpful will stick.

The #1 most important thing is that we take care of each other. This means you all at Windstone as well. You have bills, families to feed, pets, more pets… So whatever we can do to help in any way, please let us know.

On to specific ideas. Please forgive any that are asked before, not doable or just plain dumb.

Re-awaken an old retired line. There are those of us that would gobble up dinosaurs, those darling mini flap cats could be done in some unique signed paints and more. I have no idea if smaller size means more profit or if they are just as much work, but less profit.

Do some production runs on models you already have. Hippocampus? Winged wolves? The PYO long haired flap cats? The winged bookends in a production run in a great color scheme or 2 or 7? Do the Horned Rebel wolf Sir Garlen in some other colors? Personally I think bookends are a great idea as we are all stocking up on books to read during our quarantines and self-isolation.

Maybe there is a “Master” or 2 that you have been holding back that can go into production? (Again, not sure how much work there is still do to on this).

Run a 100% online paint class where we can sign up and pay, then do some sort of Skype portal log on for a live class or even just do a comprehensive paint instruction video and then we pay to get access to watch and learn. I would so do that.

Do a Gofundme with rewards, this could even be the Bantam Dragon. We need Windstone to survive this. I have done a Gofundme before and can help you if you need it. It’s like Kickstarter but without the need to reach a certain goal before you are funded. There are fees to use the service but only payment processing fees of 2.9% plus $0.30 fee per donation. They don’t charge platform fees like Kickstarter does of the 5% fee, and payment processing fees (between 3% and 5%).

For me personally, I don’t do the grab bags. I am too picky about my Windstones and am unable to trade with other folks.

Ok, my brain is empty.

Loving Purell Hugs to you and yours,
                                Kimberlee (Dr. Brassy)

Why can’t you trade with people? I’d go nuts if I couldn’t trade! 😂

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                                ANY Red Eyed Unis
                                ANY Test Paint Bat
                                UNIS:
                                The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                                Male- Snow Leopard TP
                                White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                                Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                                Mother: Okapi
                                Gothic - Mahogany
                                PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                                DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Kimberlee
                                Participant

I have a very serious life-threatening allergy to cigarette residue. Even a Windstone in a house that is old and contaminated that someone hasn’t smoked in for 30 years can put me at risk.

🙁

Do the right thing, when no one is looking...♥

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.