fbpx

The "Heck Yeah!" Thread…

Home Forums Miscellany Community The "Heck Yeah!" Thread…

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 1,231 total)
  • Author
    Adaneth
    Participant

I have an online friend in Argentina that I’ve been buddies with since 2005, and yesterday he met Ciruelo (yes, the famous dragon artist) and got him to sign his newest book for me and is putting it in the mail! That’s a “heck yeah” if I ever heard one! I saw a picture of the autograph and Ciruelo addressed it to me by name and everything. 😀

Wow! How wonderful! 🙂 I love his work.

twindragonsmum
      Participant

Waa Hoo!!! Sean finally broke through his 5 min. time barrier for his mile run during district finals. Time: 4 min. 54 sec.!!!!!! Took all season but he DID IT!!! You go boy!!!

tdm :bigsmile:

tdm

dragonmedley
        Participant

Woohoo! Go, Sean, go!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Falcolf
          Participant

I have a heck yes! 😀 Today I finished what I believe is by far the longest animation I have ever done and the first truly ‘Flashy’ animation that I have ever done in Adobe Flash! It’s an application for a job and I had to almost completely relearn Flash in order to do it because it’s been so long (no small order either, Adobe Flash is a ridiculously complicated and cantankerous program.) Wish me luck! 😀 It took me two weeks to do this thing! Whether I get the job or not, I am really grateful for this opportunity to learn Flash and practice my craft! 🙂

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Adaneth
            Participant

Good luck and congrats! 🙂

phantomess
              Participant

Last night, in part of my post in the “Enter the World of Windstone” thread, I mentioned wanting to find my old Windstone booklet… well when I thought about it, I got an idea of where it might be (in a stuffed-full metal box where I have “important” stuff/documents), and sure enough, I found it there! Heck yeah, I’m happy. 😀

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Falcolf
                Participant

Thank you Adaneth!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

phantomess
                  Participant

I got a replacement engine for my Bronco today for $250! Do you know what a good deal that is? I’d been saving up to get an engine from Ford with a warranty this time, because I’m tired of dealing with fixing engine issues! I have other stuff to do to my Bronco than that! But saving for that was taking so long, and then this came along on Craigslist. They were asking $350 for it originally, but since I’m planning on switching to fuel injection (I’m done with carburetors on this Bronco!) and agreed to let him keep the intake, he decreased the price… he said he was dropping the price 50 bucks, so I thought it would be 300, but he said 250. So, I wasn’t going to argue.

Anyway, it seems to really be in decent condition (and I didn’t check it out by myself; I had 3 “car guys” with me), but I have to finish collecting the fuel injection parts as soon as possible before I can get it going and know for sure. I’m just happy to feel like I’m finally moving along with my Bronco again, after months of not being able to drive him. 🙁 He’s my daily driver as well as my off-road fix. It’s a good thing my husband has enough vehicles for me to be driving one in the meantime. Haha.
                    Anyway, this is just so awesome. I can’t believe I got such a good deal. It seems too good to be true, making me dread that it won’t work somehow… but I need to put those thoughts aside and rejoice. 😀 Time to spend the day at the salvage yard tomorrow!

Bodine
                    Participant

Presenting my lovely daughter Amber and her most handsome new husband David.
                      Mr.&Mrs. David Vaughn
                      Image and video hosting by TinyPic me in red and tears of course but not too many. :bigsmile:
                      Image and video hosting by TinyPic it is official here! 😀
                      Image and video hosting by TinyPic My most handsome Jeff with our lovely daughter. :love:
                      Image and video hosting by TinyPic me speaking to Mr.Vaughn,David’s grandpa.He is a kick!What a wonderful,happy man to have had the honor to meet.Thank you sir. 😉
                      Image and video hosting by TinyPic Amber and David’s wedding table
                      Image and video hosting by TinyPic ring bearer
                      Image and video hosting by TinyPic flower girl
                      My lovely daughter has had such a hard time with life but she got rewarded for being such a marvelous person and David came into her life and love bloomed.You can see it when they look at one another.One enters the room and the other one shines.Love and much long life and happiness my dears.Mimi :love:

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

So happy for them both Mimi and you and Jeff look fantastic. Huggs and congrats

Adaneth
                      Participant

Congratulations and many years of joy to them both!

Bodine
                        Participant

Thanks much.It is such a relief to know your beloved child will be loved and truly cared for and he really does love her.Just look in their eyes.I couldn’t be happier. :love:
                          Here is my best shot I took.Looked better going than coming. 😀
                          Image and video hosting by TinyPic loved my dress :love:

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Falcolf
                          Participant

Congratulations Phantomess, that is just fabulous news! 😀

I have a ‘heck yeah’ today – tomorrow I have an interview at a chocolate store. Can’t say no to that! It’s retail, which I am sort of jaded towards ever since working in two pet stores (pet stores are awful places to work) but beggars can’t really be choosers and I’m expecting selling chocolates will be a lot more fun than selling one hundred random different species of pet (including fish,) having to know everything about them AND sell their accessories/food, ALL while attempting to clean after all those animals AND provide customer service (mega stressful.) I’m expecting the chocolate shop to be more like the pet supply store job that I had that I loved, except EVEN better because I won’t be advising things which might effect people’s pet’s health, just recommending chocolates! 😀 I mean, since the company promotes Fair Trade, I’ll even feel like I’m helping other people in the world and supposedly it is one of the top fifty places to work for in Canada. So hopefully I get it! Heck yeah just for scoring the interview! After nine months jobless, I gotta win this one! 😀

Excellent!

phantomess
                            Participant

Thanks guys, and much luck to you with that, Falcolf!

dragonmedley
                              Participant

Congratulations Phantomess, that is just fabulous news! 😀

I have a ‘heck yeah’ today – tomorrow I have an interview at a chocolate store. Can’t say no to that! It’s retail, which I am sort of jaded towards ever since working in two pet stores (pet stores are awful places to work) but beggars can’t really be choosers and I’m expecting selling chocolates will be a lot more fun than selling one hundred random different species of pet (including fish,) having to know everything about them AND sell their accessories/food, ALL while attempting to clean after all those animals AND provide customer service (mega stressful.) I’m expecting the chocolate shop to be more like the pet supply store job that I had that I loved, except EVEN better because I won’t be advising things which might effect people’s pet’s health, just recommending chocolates! 😀 I mean, since the company promotes Fair Trade, I’ll even feel like I’m helping other people in the world and supposedly it is one of the top fifty places to work for in Canada. So hopefully I get it! Heck yeah just for scoring the interview! After nine months jobless, I gotta win this one! 😀

Oh, oh, oh, which chocolate store? When I grow up, I want to work at a Lindt outlet (in the meantime, I just contribute to like, 50% of their sales).

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 1,231 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.