fbpx

The "Heck Yeah!" Thread…

Home Forums Miscellany Community The "Heck Yeah!" Thread…

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 1,231 total)
  • Author
    Apari
    Participant

On my way to work, I found a new occupation I could start… Fire Fighting!
      I was driving on the highway, when out of the corner of my eye I saw a small fire.
      I tuned to see about a foot flame on somebody’s front porch. My instincts kicked in and I did a fast U turn, sped down the road and whipped in their drive way.
      When I get to the house, I saw a lady who was around back. (I think she was about to get in her vehicle and leave)
      I slung my car door open and told her “Your front porch is on fire!” I didn’t even give her time to say anything before I jumped the front yard fence to the front of the house.
      By the time I got to the front yard, the flames had reached the top of the front porch and were fairly large at this point.
      It was a plastic igloo doghouse that was burning, so I reached in and yanked the doghouse off the porch onto the front yard.
      There were some blankets that were right against the house that were burning also, so I did the same with those.
      By that time, the lady had woke up everyone in the house, and a man came out to help.
      We got a garden hose, hooked it up, and began to put the fire out. Yay! 8)

The roof of the front porch took some damage, along with the siding that was on the front.. But everything else seemed good.
      It looked like they had some sort of heating device inside the doghouse that had caught fire.

Oh, and I didn’t stick around long enough to find out if whatever was inside of the doghouse made it out or not… The man said that there was something in there, but he wasn’t sure where it was.

Anyways it feels good to do a good deed, and definitely woke me up! Which I needed badly

Adaneth
      Participant

You rock, sagiaparri! 😀

Apari
        Participant

Adaneth wrote:

You rock, sagiaparri! 😀

Aww thanks..
          😳 🙂

bayoudragon
          Participant

OMG! Way to go!! You probably saved their whole house! 🙂

Rachel
            Participant

sagiaparri wrote:

On my way to work, I found a new occupation I could start… Fire Fighting!
              I was driving on the highway, when out of the corner of my eye I saw a small fire.
              I tuned to see about a foot flame on somebody’s front porch. My instincts kicked in and I did a fast U turn, sped down the road and whipped in their drive way.
              When I get to the house, I saw a lady who was around back. (I think she was about to get in her vehicle and leave)
              I slung my car door open and told her “Your front porch is on fire!” I didn’t even give her time to say anything before I jumped the front yard fence to the front of the house.
              By the time I got to the front yard, the flames had reached the top of the front porch and were fairly large at this point.
              It was a plastic igloo doghouse that was burning, so I reached in and yanked the doghouse off the porch onto the front yard.
              There were some blankets that were right against the house that were burning also, so I did the same with those.
              By that time, the lady had woke up everyone in the house, and a man came out to help.
              We got a garden hose, hooked it up, and began to put the fire out. Yay! 8)

The roof of the front porch took some damage, along with the siding that was on the front.. But everything else seemed good.
              It looked like they had some sort of heating device inside the doghouse that had caught fire.

Oh, and I didn’t stick around long enough to find out if whatever was inside of the doghouse made it out or not… The man said that there was something in there, but he wasn’t sure where it was.

Anyways it feels good to do a good deed, and definitely woke me up! Which I needed badly

Wow. That’s incredible. Oh, and who needs coffee, eh?

Pegasi1978
              Participant

Gavin has his first loose tooth!

Pegasi1978
                Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

Gavin has his first loose tooth!

And the tooth came out at 10:45 AM!

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

Heck yeah for the tooth fairy!!!

twindragonsmum 😀

tdm

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

He was quite pleased with his golden dollar that showed up while he was sleeping. 😀

The call center opened today, quite successfully I’d say. By the time I left this evening we had taken in nearly 1500 calls. I myself had 61 while I was on the clock. 8)

Skigod377
                      Participant

Its the weekend!!! HECK YEAH!

Amanda
                        Participant

My little feral kitten who was born underneath my steps two and a half years ago has finally decided that I can pet her a bit. I’ve gotten to pet her every day for the last 6 days. Yesterday she even purred for me and did half a kitty-flop 😀 I’m hoping I can get her to decide she wants to be an indoor cat by next winter-lol She’s already been trying to get inside for over a week, but since I have two cats already it will take some work. I’ve heard ferals are two steps forward and three steps back, so I gotta be patient with her 🙂 I hope she can bond with my two cats, I think she’s taking to me more now since her companion disappeared Dec 30th…

Wampus Dragon
                          Participant

I’m getting my Tiger OW!!! HECK YEAH!!!! :snappy: 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Leigha
                            Participant

HECK YEAH!!! Found out today that we got the apartment we wanted ^^!! Going in today to sign the lease and pay the rest of the deposit!

^^ SO EXCITED.

Greatest V-Day present evah!

Adaneth
                              Participant

Leigha wrote:

HECK YEAH!!! Found out today that we got the apartment we wanted ^^!! Going in today to sign the lease and pay the rest of the deposit!

^^ SO EXCITED.

Greatest V-Day present evah!

Congrats, that’s wonderful! 🙂

bayoudragon
                                Participant

HECK YEAH!!! It’s almost 70 degrees!! It’s about dang time, too! 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 1,231 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.