fbpx

The great swap show-off thread!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone The great swap show-off thread!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    Prezaurian
    Participant

Yeah, I think having the week of Thanksgiving as the main delivery time is a little frazzling and nerve-racking for everyone. ๐Ÿ™‚ And, then, just not knowing when your piece is going to show. Oh! Here comes the mailperson! Dang! There goes the mail person. Tomorrow?

Nice pieces so far. Really like the rainbow-ish Keeper. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah, the mail sure does slow down around this time. Hopefully everyone gets their PYOs soon.

Ciarnet
      Participant

I am so glad she got there safe and sound and that you like her. I think I started repainting her four different times before I finally got something I liked. ๐Ÿ™‚

LadyFirebird
        Participant

Also, I got my lovely phoenix from Ladyfirebird! She’s really pretty! I’ll get photos later, but if you have any you’d like to post, go for it! I want to get some in natural light, but I’m sick and can’t really go outside right now. I finally had to send my husband out to fetch the mail. ๐Ÿ™‚

I am so glad you got her okay. I was getting concerned because I saw she was delivered Monday, yet I didn’t see anything on the forum. I hope you like her–I’m not exactly a top-notch painter and really labored over this one to try and make it look good.

I’ll post some pictures I have, but would love to see yours later on. First one is indoors and the last two are outdoors.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Hope you feel better!

Rachel
          Participant

Here we go. These aren’t great pictures…too much coffee today and no natural light left…so if Kiya has some better photos, she might want to post them.

From Sep 9, 2013
            From Sep 9, 2013
            From Sep 9, 2013
            From Sep 9, 2013
            From Sep 9, 2013
            Rachel
            Participant

Mine has arrived from Kiya! I’ll get some pictures here in a bit, but I just wanted to make sure to post that she arrived. She’s a beautiful momma Foo in autumn colors named, appropriately, Autumn. This is the first time I’ve seen the Momma Foo in person–boy does she have a lot of detail. Excellent job, Kiya, and thank you!

Yay, I’m glad she got there safely and that you like her. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve never painted a foo momma before (I don’t paint much, lol!) She was really intimidating. I also maybe was working 65 + hours at work and finished her up 4 days late… Sorry about that! (Yay priority mail!)

Also, sorry for the fancy outer box. It was the ONLY one I had that vaguely fit. I’ve been recycling my shipping boxes after my husband complained about them taking over the garage and discovered I had nothing to put her in! LOL

It was a comedy of errors this year I swear. ๐Ÿ™‚

Haha! No worries. I can see how the Foo Mamma would be intimidating–lots of nooks and crannies and textures.

I had to laugh when I saw the box.

Great job on the Phoenix Ladyfire!!! Looks fantastic. That foo is very pretty Kiya. Everyone’s pieces are so great!

Azurielle
              Participant

I got mine a few days ago, but literally have not had time to breathe over the holidays. Will post a pic soon. I have no idea who painted it though. They signed the felt pad and I think it says sunset forest, but cannot read the person’s name at all, and there was no note or anything. Maybe they will step forward when I post the pics. That being said the one I sent is going to Canada, so might be a while before it shows up.

Keeper of the Fledgings

LadyFirebird
                Participant

Yeah, I think having the week of Thanksgiving as the main delivery time is a little frazzling and nerve-racking for everyone. ๐Ÿ™‚ And, then, just not knowing when your piece is going to show. Oh! Here comes the mailperson! Dang! There goes the mail person. Tomorrow?

Nice pieces so far. Really like the rainbow-ish Keeper. ๐Ÿ™‚

I know what you mean–I’ve been stalking my mail carrier. I hear him deliver the mail–I go out–no package–I wait–sometimes he delivers packages afterwards–I see his truck drive past my house–sigh. My porch can be seen from the street so I’ve been keeping a close eye out for deliveries. So here I sit and wait and fidget and wait and fidget. Naw, I’m not impatient at all LOL!

I got mine a few days ago, but literally have not had time to breathe over the holidays. Will post a pic soon. I have no idea who painted it though. They signed the felt pad and I think it says sunset forest, but cannot read the person’s name at all, and there was no note or anything. Maybe they will step forward when I post the pics. That being said the one I sent is going to Canada, so might be a while before it shows up.

That was me!! I thought I wrote 96037 on the pad? I wrote alot on the little pad, maybe it was too small.

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                  www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                  Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

It got there in one piece i hope?

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                  www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                  Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Falcolf
                  Participant

Love all the swap pieces! ๐Ÿ˜€ They’re all so creative!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Bodine
                    Participant

Congrats everyone.They are all great.Really love that colorful keeper.We are fortunate to have so many talented folks here. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                      Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Prezaurian
                      Participant

I am so glad she got there safe and sound and that you like her. I think I started repainting her four different times before I finally got something I liked. ๐Ÿ™‚

Suddenly looking at your PYO and thinking, “I don’t like this.” That has got to be one of those mountainous sensations. I know it well. You stare at the Windstone and think about all the work you just did, and that you now want to redo because you’re not satisfied with it. T_T But it turned out for the best. She looks great! Thank you again!

phantomess
                        Participant

Beautiful paint jobs, everyone! ๐Ÿ˜€ So fun to see what everyone got!

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Tara
                          Participant

Valdata, I’m the one who painted for you. Glad you like him.
                            (BTW, My forum name should be on his box)

Kim, The piece you painted for me arrived yesterday. He’s beautiful! I haven’t taken pictures yet but feel free to post yours.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 171 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.