fbpx

The dinner report (aka. gossip from Melody)

Home Forums Miscellany Community The dinner report (aka. gossip from Melody)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    SPark
    Participant

SPark
      Participant

Well, I thought I’d just let you curious folks know that I just got back from visiting Melody and company, and they are super-nice and also super fun. Good food and a good time was had.

It’s funny because Melody said she had “nothing interesting” to see there, but there are about a million Windstones in every nook and cranny of that place, they’re just mostly older ones, none of the new stuff. They’ve got a green emperor dragon doing duty as a book end, and I saw a few ki-rins in odd test colors.

I was trying to not be a horrible fangirl, so I didn’t pester her about too many things, but DragonMaster will be happy to know that the green fledgelings are coming along. I put in a plug for the Violet Flame fledgelings, of course. *grins*

And on the subject of poads, (since I know you’re all interested!) the jury is still out on what, exactly, will be done with them. They were, as she’s mentioned, a personal project, and never really intended for the world at large. Which I can totaly sympathize with. I’ve got a couple of drawings I made for myself and my boyfriend that the rest of the world may never see, even though they’re some of my best work, because they’re personal. So the poads probably never going to be made as regular production pieces. She did say that she was thinking about possibly sharing them with us forum members in some way, but there’s no actual plan yet.

Their family and friends are all very fun and interesting people. We had some good discussion, and I tried to explain the whole “furry” fandom thing, which takes some explaining sometimes.

So there’s my evening’s report. I can confirm what everyone who’s met Melody has said, that she’s a wonderful person, as well as a wonderful artist.

Maria
        Participant

Thanks for that, SPark, especially the Poad info. You didn’t perchance get any pictures of weird test colorings?

Skigod377
          Participant

How cool. Thanks Spark!

Thanks Spark! It sounds like you had a fun evening.

DM should be very happy…and I hope the poads make it to us in one form or another…

SPark
            Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Thanks for that, SPark, especially the Poad info. You didn’t perchance get any pictures of weird test colorings?

I didn’t take a camera. I don’t own a camera, I just borrow one! Anyhow, most of what was there was early paints of the regular production colors of old stuff.

Neat!
              And yeah I get ya…explaining “furry” is always tough for me too. No one really gets it! ha!

SPark
              Participant

Well, at least Melody doesn’t think it’s some horrible nasty thing. *chuckles* She was jut curious, since her work does attract a lot of furry fans.

(Not that most people I meet think furry is ick, but most furries I meet think most people think furry is ick, if that makes any sense. Paranoia, whee!)

Arlla
                Participant

SPark wrote:

Well, at least Melody doesn’t think it’s some horrible nasty thing. *chuckles* She was jut curious, since her work does attract a lot of furry fans.

(Not that most people I meet think furry is ick, but most furries I meet think most people think furry is ick, if that makes any sense. Paranoia, whee!)

Well, most of the furries I have met have been ick! Some of them seriously super duper ICK! XD I’m happy that I get to share the board with nice, sane, non-groady furries. ^_^
                  That’s AWSOME that you got to meet the family…if you don’t mind my asking, how did you do it??? ๐Ÿ˜€ I’ve been dying to try to get in to see the factory, or wonder of wonders meet Melody and have the chance to grovel at her feet, but I just feel so silly and so fan-girly asking….

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                  -J R R Tolkien

WolfenMachine
                  Participant

Yes, Arlla, as I was reading, I was wondering that too. Did you actually go to the factory, or catch up with them in OR?

SPark
                    Participant

Arlla wrote:

That’s AWSOME that you got to meet the family…if you don’t mind my asking, how did you do it??? ๐Ÿ˜€ I’ve been dying to try to get in to see the factory, or wonder of wonders meet Melody and have the chance to grovel at her feet, but I just feel so silly and so fan-girly asking….

I just asked a while back, and said if she’s up in the area I wanted to meet her if I could. She’s very nice and likes meeting fans, it seems. And it helps that she was practically local to me, we only had to drive about 45 minutes to their new house.

They were in Oregon for Thanksgiving, that being why they’re not about the forum this weekend. I’d love to drop by the factory, but that’s a looooooooooooooong ways for me to go.

Bob

Thank for the Original Green update. I’m heading down to North Hollywood on Thursday. It’s the only place I’m going on vacation this time around. I hope the clan will be back in Hollywood by then

Jennifer
                        Keymaster

SPark wrote:

Yeah.. it helps that she’s met several before though, I think! ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve been to a con (AC) and, well.. there are a lot of scary people out there. A lot. XD But any fandom has its scary crowd, and not all of them are bad. I have several friends that identify with the furry group and they are nice, normal* people. ๐Ÿ™‚

*normal as in not scary! XD I don’t really know anyone that is ‘normal’- what IS normal, anyhow??

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                          My art: featherdust.com

NirvanaCat13
                          Participant

Melody is probaly the most down to earth cool artist I’ve ever met. For those of you who live close enough for a factory visit, just call them and let them know when you’re coming! LoL Then go, and have fun!

NirvanaCat13
                            Participant

P.S. Melody wanted to know when I would be there so she could be sure to make an appearance that day =P

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 115 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.