fbpx

tasgrs PYO's (New pics 3/17!)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone tasgrs PYO's (New pics 3/17!)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author

tasgrs wrote:

๐Ÿ˜• I start with my base color, and gradually add what I need to change it. And I use the slo-dri medium to keep things working. I’ll sometimes have as many as 5 shades of the same color going at one time on my palette. (Side note here: I like to use baby food jars and lids as part of my palette when I’ve run out of room. They’re washable and easy to seal to keep the paint from drying too quick. ) ๐Ÿ˜€
    I’ll add the second shade of color to the piece, then I just brush the edges where the 2 colors meet to blend. Part of the trick is to make the color changes in little increments. For me, that’s the hardest part–using the space I have to accomodate the changes I want to make. It’s particularly hard on the smaller pieces, sometimes because I want to make more changes, but I’ve run out of room. ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜€

thanks for the tips! going to have to try that on my keeper… hmm..

OOooookaaay……NOW I know why some of you guys have said that painting the dragons are a bit more challenging………GAH! I think I’m gonna be cross-eyed for the rest of my life. (>-<) Too many crooks and nannies! And I'm talking about the primer stage. :spank:
    Oh, and have I mentioned I started my first PYO dragon? ๐Ÿ˜ณ

And Winter now has a bit of “bling”; I added a bunch of very tiny crystal rhinestones to him. I used stones between 0 to 1.5mm. We’re talking stones the size of grains of pepper in some places. I didn’t know they came that small….. ๐Ÿ˜•
    I will take pictures to post as soon as we get some sun……HA! yah, at this rate I’m thinking that will be around about JUNE at this rate! We’re looking for yet *another* FOOT of snow….. ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ™„

Well……I finished a small dragon for my husband. I just put the last things on that I felt the statue needed, got him antiqued, and now to get photos of him and Winter. Oh, the Dragon’s name is Fangdango (Hubby’s choice not mine…LOL) This will be my very first dragon. He is very different from all the other pieces I’ve done so far
    I’m planning on getting them both outside in the sunlight to take the best shots. I promise it’ll be tomorrow………as long as it isn’t raining OR snowing on us yet again…… ๐Ÿ™„
    Sooooooo………….patience. BWahahahahaha………….. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

After these guys are done, this will leave me with 2 Kirins, a Keeper, and a “special Uni”. I have to figure out how to get the horn in right, and then decide what color was I going for. I don’t remember. :spank: She may end up as an equine with “forehead jewlery” instead. I guess we’ll see……. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

can’t wait to see! ๐Ÿ˜€

Ok…..I promised I’d take new pics today. I’m not sure these shots are gonna show what I’ve done with Winter; I wanted to take pictures outside in sunlight, but Mother Nature was not cooperative. No sun for me. ๐Ÿ˜€ I’ll take more pictures when we get the sun back. But for the time being, I managed to find the teensyest flippin’ rhinestones I’ve ever seen, ๐Ÿ˜ฎ and put them on his mane, tail and some body scales. They’re like little diamonds.

And this is Fangdango, the dragon I painted for my hubby. (my first dragon! ^-^) George named him…..
    He’s done in shades of teal and blue-to-purple, antiqued with dark purple. I put 3 small ruby crystals on his head, and 6 more very small stones on his chest. He’s also holding a faceted ruby in each hand, and has one in his tail, too. I wanted the contrast with the bright yellow eyes, red stones and the body colors. His wings are different shades of purple, and his belly scales are bright copper, also antiqued with purple to give him a rosier gold look.

Very lovely indeed! I really like the colors and blending on the Ki-Rin! ๐Ÿ˜€

beautiful!

Adaneth
    Participant

That rhinestone idea is neat! ๐Ÿ˜€

Hope your husband loves his dragon!

Thanks, guys! ๐Ÿ˜€
      George keeps telling me he thinks the dragon is the best pyo I’ve done so far. I don’t know if that’s because of the paint job, or because he likes dragons better than kirins or griffins. I’m almost afraid to ask him. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜ณ He doesn’t paint, so anything technical by way of style, technique, etc. has no real bearing for him. That’s okay…I love him anyway. And let’s face it…..doing the pyo’s are certainly much cheaper than going for all the big pretties! ๐Ÿ˜† I think he’s just glad I’m “fulfilling” my Windstone jones this way. ๐Ÿ˜‰

bayoudragon
      Participant

That is a really nice-looking dragon! Love the colors! ๐Ÿ™‚

Lokie
        Participant

I like the blue and copper together on the dragon and love the blending on the scales of the kirin ๐Ÿ™‚

megamibabe16
          Participant

Winter looks good. I like how you used the rhinestones on him.

Fandango is neat. I really like how you blended the colors on the wings. I love how all the colors stand out. You can’t miss him.

Ok…here is the finished shots of “Winter” taken outside in the sun.

And this is “Spring”

I have a blank left for “Summer”, but haven’t had any ideas for him yet… ๐Ÿ˜ณ

dragonmedley
            Participant

Summer could be a play with yellows, and autumn, with oranges…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

PurpleTurtle
              Participant

Those are really pretty. The blending on the kirins is very nice indeed! I love the colors on the dragon to ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.