tasgrs PYO's (New pics 3/17!)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone tasgrs PYO's (New pics 3/17!)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Adaneth
    Participant

I like Tanzanite Emerald Jewel–beautiful hues! ๐Ÿ™‚ And I’m looking forward to seeing more of your ‘Winter’ cause that’s my favorite season! ๐Ÿ˜€

Nice work!

bayoudragon
      Participant

I also like your griffin… very natural. I especially like the purple/mauve on the back of his wings. It adds color without overpowering the softer browns. Maybe you can add a little more on his face, maybe just a little around his eyes?? Just a thought. ๐Ÿ™‚

And I like the kirin, too! But I love blue… ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous

Nice job!
          I really like the earthy tones of your griffin!

machineguts
          Participant

Very nice! <3

Thanks, guys!

I’ve worked out a “compromise” for satisfying my urge to start painting again; early in the day with the snow cover on the ground the light in my living room is pretty good, so I’ve been working on Winter. I have to quit by like 3 in the afternoon because the light changes, which is driving me crackers. *grumbles* Once I start, I *hate* having to quit–it makes my mental muse go off and sulk. ๐Ÿ˜€

I’ll try to take some pictures for an update.

Lokie
            Participant

They are both very nice, though the gryphon’s color scheme is a little more my taste. ๐Ÿ™‚

Okay: here are some updated pictures of “Winter”, shown outside in his natural habitat. ๐Ÿ˜‰
              He’s not quite done just yet; I have a few more little things I need to do to him.
              The photos don’t really show it, but his fur is light to dark silver, not gray–lightly brushed with blue interference paint. I’ll post more shots once he’s done. I got hung up in other stuff to do this afternoon, so I didn’t get to do much more than take a few pics. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Adaneth
              Participant

He’s adorable! ๐Ÿ˜€

wow! i love the colors… wonderful gradient! airbrush?

daydreamer wrote:

wow! i love the colors… wonderful gradient! airbrush?

Thank you! No airbrush; all hand brushed. I do have an airbrush, but it’s a really cheap one and not particularly user-friendly. I don’t use it anymore. And I’m too possessive of my pyo’s to experiment with it……. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

tasgrs wrote:

Thank you! No airbrush; all hand brushed.

๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ No way, really?? Holy cow, that is very awesome. Care to share any trade secrets? ๐Ÿ˜ณ I can’t get colors to blend for nothing.

๐Ÿ˜• I start with my base color, and gradually add what I need to change it. And I use the slo-dri medium to keep things working. I’ll sometimes have as many as 5 shades of the same color going at one time on my palette. (Side note here: I like to use baby food jars and lids as part of my palette when I’ve run out of room. They’re washable and easy to seal to keep the paint from drying too quick. ) ๐Ÿ˜€
                I’ll add the second shade of color to the piece, then I just brush the edges where the 2 colors meet to blend. Part of the trick is to make the color changes in little increments. For me, that’s the hardest part–using the space I have to accomodate the changes I want to make. It’s particularly hard on the smaller pieces, sometimes because I want to make more changes, but I’ve run out of room. ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜€

bayoudragon
                Participant

Very pretty kirin! ๐Ÿ™‚

dragonmedley
                  Participant

Very nice!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

megamibabe16
                    Participant

I like your style tasgrs. I really love the colors of Garnet Sapphire Jewel. You are really great at blending colors. Winter has started off well. Keep it up!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.