fbpx

Surprise/ GRAB BAG unicorns (bottom of page)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Surprise/ GRAB BAG unicorns (bottom of page)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Skeeterdeee
    Participant

Miss Melody, that surprise raffle was so much fun! I hope you do more like that in the future! I was excited to learn about the raffle, then I was excited to see who won, then I was excited to finally see it! I was on the edge of my seat for almost a month! Thank You! πŸ˜€

Skeeterdeee
      Participant

Melody
        Keymaster

skeeterdeee wrote:

Miss Melody, that surprise raffle was so much fun! I hope you do more like that in the future! I was excited to learn about the raffle, then I was excited to see who won, then I was excited to finally see it! I was on the edge of my seat for almost a month! Thank You! πŸ˜€

Yeah, I agree, and it was fun to torture the winner for a week or two!
          My fear is that someone will get something and go “omg YUCK!”
          ( of course, Wampus Cat would never cause such a reaction)

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

I don’t think anyone could “omg YUCK” a free Windstone πŸ˜†

and if they did, I would slap ’em! LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kujacker
            Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

I don’t think anyone could “omg YUCK” a free Windstone πŸ˜†

and if they did, I would slap ’em! LOL!

I wouldn’t go “yuck!” but I dislike some colorations I’ve seen. If I got something like that, I wouldn’t be pleased. I wouldn’t look a free windstone in the mouth! … but I’d rather “spend” my one raffle chance for something I really enjoy.

machineguts
              Participant

I think Surprise Raffles are a cool idea. πŸ™‚ They would be great for those who enjoy surprises, are not particular about what they will receive, and choose to spend their one raffle chance on seeing their prize the day it arrives. The regular Raffles are definitely for those who prefer to see what they could possibly win with their one raffle chance. Personally if I hadn’t already won a raffle prize I’d love to enter a Surprise Raffle. πŸ™‚

And of course the fact the Melody continues to give one free Windstone to a lucky forum member per month is totally awesome in itself! πŸ˜€

Wampus Dragon
                Participant

My suggestion would be to occasionally do what you did with Wampus Cat. Say the raffle is a dragon/oriental/unicorn/pegasus/griffin etc. Give a vague yet creative description of it, but don’t show a picture. Then let people enter…. I only entered the raffle because you said ‘dragon’ and that’s enough for me any day. The description that he was flamboyant didn’t deter me in the slightest.

Kujacker
                  Participant

Sechan wrote:

My suggestion would be to occasionally do what you did with Wampus Cat. Say the raffle is a dragon/oriental/unicorn/pegasus/griffin etc. Give a vague yet creative description of it, but don’t show a picture. Then let people enter…. I only entered the raffle because you said ‘dragon’ and that’s enough for me any day. The description that he was flamboyant didn’t deter me in the slightest.

As long as I knew what sculpt it was I’d be happy for more surprise raffles. But if it was just “a dragon”, what if it was, say, the young dragon? I don’t like that sculpt as much as say, the scratcher. So if I knew what the sculpt was, I’d participate in more surprise raffles! And put any color on an oriental and I’d be all over that raffle πŸ˜‰

Skeeterdeee
                    Participant

Sechan wrote:

I agree completely! That way, the people that don’t like surprises don’t have to enter, but there are still raffles for those people. And a surprise every now and then for those of us that like the wild, off-the-wall, “what the heck is that” pieces!

If the person doesn’t like it, they can give it away (maybe through some other free raffle like I did with Buckeye) then they can enter future raffles.

Someone has to like it!

Syn
                      Participant

I am mixed about the “surprise” raffle. I did not enter because Melody called it Wampus CAT, and I do not care for the Flap Cats. Eventually I saw that she said it was actually a dragon, but that CAT part stuck in my head and kept me from entering. If I had actually seen this guy, I most definitely would have entered the raffle; he is great! πŸ˜€

I think most people would be happy to win any Windstone, but that means they cannot enter to win one they might be crazy about. I totally understand the people who do not want to give up this chance; but I have only seen one raffle piece that I actually disliked, and it wasn’t even a Flap Cat. I would have been thrilled to win the Wampus Cat, but I am one of those people who would be happy to win any Windstone. πŸ™‚

machineguts wrote:

And of course the fact the Melody continues to give one free Windstone to a lucky forum member per month is totally awesome in itself! πŸ˜€

Ditto! Whether it is a surprise raffle or a regular one I agree that Melody continues to do them every month is just amazing! Thanks, Melody.

Anonymous

All I know is that I would most definately enter ANY monthly auction entitled: WAMPUS GRIFFIN, WAMPUS POAD, WAMPUS UNICORN, WAMPUS DRAGON……etc etc etc

LOL

pegasus4240
                          Participant

I like the idea of a surprise raffle, because I like opening a box and not knowing exactly what’s going to be inside. I suppose, though, that they shouldn’t always be surprises since some of us like to know exactly what we’re getting which is perfectly fine. πŸ™‚

-- Angie

Anna
                            Participant

Another reason the occasional surprise raffle would be nice: less competition! A lot of people don’t want to enter if they don’t know what they’re getting, so there risk takers would have a better chance of winning than they would on a piece with its picture up. πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.